LA 56 to air KABC-produced newscast

nbc9houston

Orange County independent station KDOC-TV (LA 56) will begin airing a 8 p.m. newscast produced by KABC-TV beginning in January. LA 56 will also rebroadcast ABC 7's 11 p.m. Eyewitness News at midnight.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/72186/kdoc-to-air-kabcproduced-newscast

I've always thought of KDOC as the LA version of KOFY and I'm glad that these two are finally finding similarities. I will enjoy viewing the news at 8:00 PM even though it competes with KCAL and others.

WOW!!!! I didn't see this coming a kilometer away.

The station haven't aired a full-fledged newscast in 1992, so this is no doubt some shocking news. I wonder who would anchor the 8pm show.

Don't forget "Daybreak OC" from 2007 to 2008:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if the current weekend anchors will be expanding their duties, as well (seeing as it'll be a nightly newscast)?

I would think they would just use the current anchors they have for the weekend evening newscasts. Also interesting they are using someone who is relatively new to the station to anchor that one newscast. Would've made more sense to have Ellen Leyva do it as she and David Ono are already paired together at 4 & 6.

I would think they would just use the current anchors they have for the weekend evening newscasts. Also interesting they are using someone who is relatively new to the station to anchor that one newscast. Would've made more sense to have Ellen Leyva do it as she and David Ono are already paired together at 4 & 6.

That is the most surprising part of it, why not use Ellen? Also, it's interesting that they put in a new hire instead of promoting someone within. Seems like they have something else up their sleeves.

Archived