Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
HulkieD

The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Justin Drabick filled in on weather at 10 and 11 PM tonight.  Good to see him on TV again.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

KYW IN TROUBLE AS PER THIS POST via FTV: Station Manager Brian Kennedy is OUT the door. No replacement has been set as of yet. KYW has struggled throughout the years in ratings. I will say this. No one is not messing with the news station near the Philadelphia Zoo. Sorry but not sorry.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/7/23/out-the-door-in-philly

PS: They may need to the same at NYC CBS O&O.

Edited by Spintech33

Steve McKenzie OUT of KYW as managing editor. 

Monique Braxton IN at KYW as interim managing editor. (Previously at NBC10-WCAU)

Source: FTV.

Something that's been bugging me forever...

What logo is that on this polo? Did it ever exist anywhere outside these shirts?

CBS3shirt.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyWatch said:

Something that's been bugging me forever...

What logo is that on this polo? Did it ever exist anywhere outside these shirts?

CBS3shirt.png

Reminds me of a logotype CBS used on air. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

That was pretty close to a look KYW had...in 2002.

*2003 but yes:

• Like 3

Great work everyone! So I'm guessing they got a massive deal on a ton of shirts sometime in 2003-2004 and still have boxes upon boxes to hand out to the new folks 

10 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

Great work everyone! So I'm guessing they got a massive deal on a ton of shirts sometime in 2003-2004 and still have boxes upon boxes to hand out to the new folks 

My guess is they don't care enough to update the design beyond changing the color of the 3 from white/silver to gold.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

This morning at 5, KYW introduced Tiffany Savona as the newest Eyewitness Weather meteorologist.

So happy she has gone up to the #4 market in the country. I got a chance to meet her in 2010 when she worked in Norfolk Virginia for WAVY-TV. She will do fine at KYW. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

So happy she has gone up to the #8 market in the country.

Philadelphia is the #4 market. Unless you meant either she went up 8 markets or the list updated and I just didn't know.

Tiffany's actually been on Philly TV for the past few months.  She was filling in on the PHL17 Morning News.

7 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

Philadelphia is the #4 market. Unless you meant either she went up 8 markets or the list updated and I just didn't know.

I fixed it. I believe i got D.C. (who actually is the 8th market and Philly confused at first. 

Posted (edited)

Since KYW barely has enough on-air talent for their existing broadcast schedule - I would assume this is only the beginning of the new faces we will see in the coming months with the announced launch of CBSN Philadelphia in early 2020.

Edited by LVForward
grammar

I haven't popped in on these threads in awhile, so I'm just seeing about the new GM.

I wonder if this had anything to do with the way they covered the police shootings the other day.  Their coverage was really good - they seemed to be more on top of developments than some of the other stations (particularly PVI, who was awful IMO), they had some great live shots, and they just pretty much nailed it IMO.  If this is a sign of things to come with the new leadership it's highly encouraging for the station, I think.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I fixed it. I believe i got D.C. (who actually is the 8th market and Philly confused at first. 

Philly is the 8th largest radio market I believe.

I believe Tiffany Savona grew up in northern Delaware so this is a homecoming for her.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, LVForward said:

Since KYW barely has enough on-air talent for their existing broadcast schedule - I would assume this is only the beginning of the new faces we will see in the coming months with the announced launch of CBSN Philadelphia in early 2020.

You may have a point.. CBS Philly is taking some notes from WCBS which already has CBSN. Hopefully, they get a new studio for CBSN Philly. They should get more new faces for the new CBSN. Although Philly is a tough market to deal with. However, this puts KYW in a good position to deal with CAU and PVI.

^^ Wow. This station has a crazy turnover rate for meteorologists in the past several years. Hopefully one of their other meteorologists will slide in her smoothly in her slot soon.

I'll miss Katie. She was as sweet and bubbly as she was talented and greatly-focused with the craft. And I wish her the very best wherever she goes and with her lovely family. 

KYW is becoming WGCL’s big brother with the turnover rate.

It’s a shame for such a Distinguished station such as KYW. Hopefully the new leadership will turn the station around.