The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

Sone odd anchoring fill ins:

Natasha has been filling in in the morning and at 9am alongside Janelle while Jim’s been in the UK on assignment. Janelle’s been soloing at noon.

Siafa and Ukee co-anchored together at 4 and 5 today.

Just seems odd that they wouldn’t send Siafa to morning to fill in and keep Natasha in evening to fill in.

Also still perplexed they haven’t handed off the noon to the 4pm team. Earlier this week, Jessica was subbing for Natasha, there’s no reason Siafa couldn’t have handled the noon. 

Edited by TVNewsLover
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to show how short staffed CBS3 is right now, they had Kate fill in all day Saturday and Llarisa fill in all day Sunday for weather (and is still on this morning!)

Also, with Jim and Janelle off this morning, Howard Monroe is filling in, in addition to Natasha still in for Jim, along with Victoria Woodill doing traffic.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Newlover1952 said:

Kozak will fill the weekend evening spot. I thought they might give that to Tammy. 

Is she still appearing on WBBM as well as KYW? I have no idea how that works for her.

Edit: I don't think she is filling in for WBBM anymore, but I don't know.

Edited by cg41386

9 minutes ago, cg41386 said:

Is she still appearing on WBBM as well as KYW? I have no idea how that works for her.

Her bio is still on WBBM's site, and I feel like I've seen her in the last month or two, but they have 5 full-timers, so she's not needed as often as before, but it doesn't necessarily mean never again.

11 minutes ago, cg41386 said:

It appears she is at KYW full time now, as clicking her bio on CBS Chicago's site just leads to a 404 not found page.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tvlover971 said:

Looks like Eyewitness news 9am has been expanded to 10am. Just finished watching the broadcast and there's a Eyewitness news at 7pm according to passport. But tomorrow it showing inside edition so I'm confused lol 

My guess is that it's probably due to the midterm election tomorrow. 

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, SF1964 said:

Meteorologist Bill Kelly will be taking over the 5, 6, 10 & 11PM newscasts beginning in January.  He comes from WJLA in DC.  Kate Bilo will do the noon and 4PM weather.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/bill-kelly-joins-kyw-philadelphia-as-chief-meteorologist-in-january

I wonder if Bilo wanted to lighten up her schedule a bit and spend more time with family? She’s been there since 2011 and has been chief since Kathy Orr was let go.

13 hours ago, SF1964 said:

Meteorologist Bill Kelly will be taking over the 5, 6, 10 & 11PM newscasts beginning in January.  He comes from WJLA in DC.  Kate Bilo will do the noon and 4PM weather.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/bill-kelly-joins-kyw-philadelphia-as-chief-meteorologist-in-january

What a nice way of saying someone's loosing their chief Met spot

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

KYW has relaunched morning news on WPSG- they're now airing the 7am hour that recently began airing online

Kind of surprised they haven’t had the morning team hand off the noon to the 4pm team yet. With Kate handling weather at noon and 4pm now, it would make sense for uniformity/consistency purposes. Plus the morning team has a lot on their plate, 4:30-8:00am, national show cut-ins through 9am, news at 9am. That’s essentially 5 hours of on-air time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Kind of surprised they haven’t had the morning team hand off the noon to the 4pm team yet. With Kate handling weather at noon and 4pm now, it would make sense for uniformity/consistency purposes. Plus the morning team has a lot on their plate, 4:30-8:00am, national show cut-ins through 9am, news at 9am. That’s essentially 5 hours of on-air time.

From what I've watched recently, Natasha is doing the 9AM show solo, while still co-anchoring at 4PM, rather than the morning crew. I think that started around the same time the 7AM hour launched.

Edited by ddaniels20

1 hour ago, ddaniels20 said:

From what I've watched recently, Natasha is doing the 9AM show solo, while still co-anchoring at 4PM, rather than the morning crew. I think that started around the same time the 7AM hour launched.

Glad to hear that’s the case, but surprised to hear she’s doing the 9am instead of the 12noon, which would make more sense in my opinion. Also surprised that Siafa’s only responsibilities are the 4pm.