The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

A few comments on the branding side of things:

FWIW, there isn’t a single 3 in sight on the set itself. However, you’ll notice that the desk and one of the big screens have “Eyewitness News” logos imposed over what looks to be the new graphics. These details aren’t indicative of anything (and they could very well be temporary,) but they’re interesting to note.

As far as the set itself, it’s a massive improvement, and it feels much more spacious than before.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

FWIW, there isn’t a single 3 in sight on the set itself. However, you’ll notice that the desk and one of the big screens have “Eyewitness News” logos imposed over what looks to be the new graphics. These details aren’t indicative of anything (and they could very well be temporary,) but they’re interesting to note.

As far as the set itself, it’s a massive improvement, and it feels much more spacious than before.

Also, the phrase "CBS Philadelphia" was uttered a couple of times throughout the newscast.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

They may be getting new graphics sometime this fall https://www.newscaststudio.com/2022/07/12/cbs-miami-next-weather/

• Like 2

17 hours ago, C Block said:

Looks nice. I'm surprised they didn't get the same set everyone else has gotten.

It shouldn't be too much of a surprise, as that set design seen elsewhere, while obviously attractive enough and totally serviceable, is over 5 years old.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 4

I'm not liking this CBS News Now on CW Philly at 10PM.  I prefer just the local news given by my local newscasters.  I know it has some local news, but If I want to see that much national news, I'll watch the evening national news at 6:30PM or CNN/MSNBC.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ddaniels20 said:

I saw a job listing for a 9AM newscast on CBS3 a while back, but I haven't seen anything else on who will anchor.

Based on what other O&Os are doing, it is likely Jim and Janelle. Now would be a good time to hand over the noon to the 4pm team. 

Edited by TVNewsLover
  • Like 4

On 9/3/2022 at 8:35 AM, Mughunter said:

A 9 a.m. newscast is being launched on September 12, according to this article

3 just announced that mid-morning newscast that’s gonna be on after MORNINGS at 9A, except it’s not gonna have the “CBS NEWS PHILADELPHIA” title; it’s STILL gonna be having the EWN name. (Thank Zeus)

• Confused 1

This screenshot is from today’s noon news. It’s more than likely temporary, but given the station’s recent history I’m surprised they aren’t going for an immediate launch of CBS News Philadelphia (likewise for NYC and Chicago). Perhaps Denver is a test market of sorts for the branding?

F64181F7-8EBD-4A0B-B314-23755EC7B4DB.jpeg

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2