The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, this article is paywalled; I can't access it either. However, it says that CBS3 and the CW57's general manager Brandin Stewart is leaving after being with the station since 2019. The station and its newscast definitely improved under his leadership, and I hope it continues after he departs. 

5 hours ago, phillynewslover said:

Sorry, this article is paywalled

Highlights:

• In notes from Stewart to station employees, he said “after 20 amazing years in this industry, I’m looking forward to pursuing an exciting new endeavor! Soon to be disclosed.” Stewart, through a spokesman, declined an interview request.
  • McMahon said Stewart will depart at the end of the year, at which time group department heads will oversee the station until a new leader can be found. She said that “finding the next president and GM of CBS Philadelphia is a priority and we will keep you informed as the process moves forward.”

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Highlights:

• In notes from Stewart to station employees, he said “after 20 amazing years in this industry, I’m looking forward to pursuing an exciting new endeavor! Soon to be disclosed.” Stewart, through a spokesman, declined an interview request.
  • McMahon said Stewart will depart at the end of the year, at which time group department heads will oversee the station until a new leader can be found. She said that “finding the next president and GM of CBS Philadelphia is a priority and we will keep you informed as the process moves forward.”

They need to re-in vindicate Brien Kennedy and bring him back. He took a LOT of shit from UnFriend and DumbDunn. It's the least CBS can do.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, phillynewslover said:

Eyewitness News now airs for three hours on Saturday mornings. They added another hour at 9a today. Sister stations KTVT and WFOR also added newscasts.

Looks like they just won't be airing the last hour of Dream Team anymore.

WBZ/Boston did the same. 

The FCC relaxed E/I programming restrictions in the past couple of years. Stations are able to offload 1 hour of E/I programming to one of their digital channels, leaving only two hours required each week on the main program stream. It looks like ViacomCBS is now taking advantage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 12:29 PM, bostonmediaguy said:

WBZ/Boston did the same. 

The FCC relaxed E/I programming restrictions in the past couple of years. Stations are able to offload 1 hour of E/I programming to one of their digital channels, leaving only two hours required each week on the main program stream. It looks like ViacomCBS is now taking advantage.

It seems like they are because KDKA has also added another hour of Saturday morning news at 10am. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mughunter said:

Jim Donovan announced on Facebook this morning that the studio is being revamped.

Finally. The updates to the main desk area and the big screen were good, but they needed a completely new set for way too long. While I expect a set on-par with most of the other O&Os, I hope they get a set like KDKA or WBZ.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

Finally. The updates to the main desk area and the big screen were good, but they needed a completely new set for way too long. While I expect a set on-par with most of the other O&Os, I hope they get a set like KDKA or WBZ.

Those are both clones of the WCBS set as are WBBM, WJZ, KPIX and others. I'm guessing they'll get the same set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been any word on Tammie Souza joining the weather team full-time? I noticed in a weather promo she's featured prominently alongside the three other female forecasters. I know she was also pulling double duty filling in on other CBS O&O's since WCAU gave her the shaft. Glad to see her (possibly) staying in Philly.

I noticed her in the promo, too, alongside Llarisa Abreu, Lauren Casey, and Kate Bilo, all of whom are full-time meteorologists.

Speaking of freelancers, has anyone seen former weekend morning meteorologist Matt Peterson on lately? He filled in a while ago, and when someone asked why (because he left in August), he said he was back part-time.

27 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

I noticed her in the promo, too, alongside Llarisa Abreu, Lauren Casey, and Kate Bilo, all of whom are full-time meteorologists.

Speaking of freelancers, has anyone seen former weekend morning meteorologist Matt Peterson on lately? He filled in a while ago, and when someone asked why (because he left in August), he said he was back part-time.

I think I saw Matt on two weekends ago, Feb 12 + 13.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...