The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

• 2 weeks later...

Regardless if they are leaving the business.. half a dozen reporters have left on their own in the last six months. Walking away from a Top 5 reporter job, means something there sucks. WPVI hasnt had a single reporter leave in like 5 years. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 10:07 AM, Vincent said:

Jeanette Reyes left a year or so ago to join a Fox station in DC i believe and FOX News , but very rarely does a WPVI reporter leave the station, unless he or she retires.

WTTG // DC and Fox DC Bureau is where she is..

On 8/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, Spintech33 said:

WTTG // DC and Fox DC Bureau is where she is..

WTTG and the Fox DC bureau are separate entities. WTTG is in Bethesda, MD, about 8-9 miles from the Fox DC bureau on N Capitol Street (where NBC and others have their DC operations as well.)

• Thanks 1

Catching the 10pm on CBSN Philly and they have Ross Guidotti from KDKA reporting, which is a sad commentary on the state of affairs at KYW. I know WPVI had a WABC reporter on earlier today, but she was reporting from their turf in North Jersey. Ross was reporting from Montgomery County

This brings to mind that mysterious KYW/KDKA combined newscast open that was posted on the CBS Philly Creative YouTube account a few months ago that disappeared after a few days. I’m betting KYW wishes that had come to fruition. 

• Like 1

What? A combined open? Like, it had both of their logos? 

I think that could have been an interesting idea. However, it should have only been for one newscast (like a 7p, titled “Pennsylvania Tonight”). I wouldn’t want that for every newscast, though. 

It is definitely sad they had to do that. Although they have had a few new reporters join recently, a lot of people have left (pretty sure three have left the industry).

1 hour ago, PhillyWatch said:

Both logos and both skylines. I agree it would've been a good idea for an evening  state-wide newscast, but the clip came and went pretty quickly. 

It would be a lot harder for KYW Considering KDKA has a black and yellow CBS O&O custom graphics package and KYW has plain Network Graphics. KDKA is doing a much better job anyway then KYW in the ratings. KDKA Photographer Ian Smith is also with Ross Guidotti as well for KYW this weekend.

In addition, KDKA uses Steve Kamer for their intro and KYW Uses Brian Lee.  That creates a conflict for both areas since Steve Kamer is on WCAU and Brian Lee has Promos for WPXI (Both NBC Stations).

Edited by Kenneth Kissel

5 minutes ago, phillynewslover said:

If they really were going to produce a statewide newscast, they would probably use generic graphics (since it wouldn't make sense to use Steelers colors in Philadelphia). They could use a different voiceover, too, if they needed to.

It isn't going to happen considering how competitive the Pittsburgh market is. If there was a combined newscast. It would hurt KDKA more then KYW.