The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

20 hours ago, Mughunter said:

It looks like the 8 a.m. newscast on Sunday's is cut down to a half hour. Since September 29, they have been showing an infomercial for DraftKings.

Prolly something to do with online sports betting which is legal in Jersey and I think now PA. I've noticed some of that as of late with the Philly stations.

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2019 at 10:36 AM, Mughunter said:

It looks like the 8 a.m. newscast on Sunday's is cut down to a half hour. Since September 29, they have been showing an infomercial for DraftKings.

The DraftKings show now airs at 8AM, followed by a local sports betting show at 8:30, so the Sunday morning news is from 6AM to 8AM only.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CBS3 has had a few different meteorologists filling in this week on the evening broadcasts.  On Sunday, they had Vanessa Murdock from CBS NY do the forecast remotely.   Monday & Tuesday, Justin Drabick filled in.  Today, Chelsea Ingram is back in Philly to do the forecasts.  I believe Kate Bilo is on vacation and I guess Lauren Casey is as well.

Edited by SF1964

15 hours ago, SF1964 said:

CBS3 has had a few different meteorologists filling in this week on the evening broadcasts.  On Sunday, they had Vanessa Murdock from CBS NY do the forecast remotely.   Monday & Tuesday, Justin Drabick filled in.  Today, Chelsea Ingram is back in Philly to do the forecasts.  I believe Kate Bilo is on vacation and I guess Lauren Casey is as well.

No wonder. They have 3 full time meteorologists.  I mean other CBS O&O's  have at least 4 to 5.  At least the good news is that they didn't have to go far at all.

Is Matt Peterson still doing AM's?

5 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

No wonder. They have 3 full time meteorologists.  I mean other CBS O&O's  have at least 4 to 5.  At least the good news is that they didn't have to go far at all.

Is Matt Peterson still doing AM's?

Matt's been doing the weekday mornings and Tiffany Savona has been doing the weekend mornings.   Tiffany did do the weather this morning (Thursday), and it looks like Matt will be doing the evening forecast today.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, SF1964 said:

Tammie Souza is filling in on weather tonight (Saturday) on CBS 3.

Still disappointed in how NBC10 just unceremoniously dumped her. 

She’d be a great fit at 3. Although I like Bilo she doesn’t quite fit the chief meteorologist weekday evening weather person position. Made no sense when they dumped Orr. Bilo did well in the mornings. Same with Lauren Casey, she’s not evening material either.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 6:14 PM, SF1964 said:

Tammie Souza is filling in on weather (Saturday).

34 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

I'm only assuming that she's on freelance for now?  She would be a good addition to CBS3 if they could get her..

She would be a perfect addition for CBS3. (see below)

On 1/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, TVNewsLover said:

That's shocking. I never knew (or at least forgot) that WCAU recently dropped her. I haven't watched it during the evenings in a while, so AFAIK I thought she was still on the First Alert Weather lineup up till now.

On 1/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, TVNewsLover said:

Although I like Bilo, she doesn’t quite fit the chief meteorologist weekday evening weather person position. Bilo did well in the mornings. Same with Lauren Casey - she’s not evening material either.

I originally disagreed, but after some thought, you're kind of right. Tammie is definitely a better fit for the chief title (she did wield it strongly at WCAU). Since Bilo is chief currently, a move to mornings would be a big demotion (unless she wants more family time). (again, see below.)

In fact, if/when Tammie is hired sometime soon, here are the timeslots I'd give for them: 

Tammie: 5, 10 (on WPSG) and 11

Kate Bilo: 4 and 6 (her bubbly personality fits better here) 

Matt Peterson: weekday mornings 

Lauren Casey: weekend mornings 

Tiffany Savona: weekend evenings

(Casey and Savona will switch as I feel their respective timeslots should be reflective of their personalities)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ddaniels20 said:

With CBSN Philly, is there a possibility that the CW Philly's 10pm could be replaced by a local CBSN Philly rebroadcast (similar to WLNY and WSBK)?

Well since WBZ just started a 10pm newscast on WSBK, I doubt it. 

7 minutes ago, Mughunter said:

Has Lauren Casey been on an extended vacation or is she not with CBS anymore? Tammie Souza has been in her time slot the past two weekends. 

She said on her Facebook that she's been going through a health issue but hopes to be back on the air soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...