The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

1 hour ago, PhillyWatch said:

Something that's been bugging me forever...

What logo is that on this polo? Did it ever exist anywhere outside these shirts?

CBS3shirt.png

Reminds me of a logotype CBS used on air. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhillyWatch said:

Great work everyone! So I'm guessing they got a massive deal on a ton of shirts sometime in 2003-2004 and still have boxes upon boxes to hand out to the new folks 

My guess is they don't care enough to update the design beyond changing the color of the 3 from white/silver to gold.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

This morning at 5, KYW introduced Tiffany Savona as the newest Eyewitness Weather meteorologist.

So happy she has gone up to the #4 market in the country. I got a chance to meet her in 2010 when she worked in Norfolk Virginia for WAVY-TV. She will do fine at KYW. 

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
  • Like 1

Since KYW barely has enough on-air talent for their existing broadcast schedule - I would assume this is only the beginning of the new faces we will see in the coming months with the announced launch of CBSN Philadelphia in early 2020.

Edited by LVForward
grammar

I haven't popped in on these threads in awhile, so I'm just seeing about the new GM.

I wonder if this had anything to do with the way they covered the police shootings the other day.  Their coverage was really good - they seemed to be more on top of developments than some of the other stations (particularly PVI, who was awful IMO), they had some great live shots, and they just pretty much nailed it IMO.  If this is a sign of things to come with the new leadership it's highly encouraging for the station, I think.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

I fixed it. I believe i got D.C. (who actually is the 8th market and Philly confused at first. 

Philly is the 8th largest radio market I believe.

I believe Tiffany Savona grew up in northern Delaware so this is a homecoming for her.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, LVForward said:

Since KYW barely has enough on-air talent for their existing broadcast schedule - I would assume this is only the beginning of the new faces we will see in the coming months with the announced launch of CBSN Philadelphia in early 2020.

You may have a point.. CBS Philly is taking some notes from WCBS which already has CBSN. Hopefully, they get a new studio for CBSN Philly. They should get more new faces for the new CBSN. Although Philly is a tough market to deal with. However, this puts KYW in a good position to deal with CAU and PVI.

• 3 weeks later...

^^ Wow. This station has a crazy turnover rate for meteorologists in the past several years. Hopefully one of their other meteorologists will slide in her smoothly in her slot soon.

I'll miss Katie. She was as sweet and bubbly as she was talented and greatly-focused with the craft. And I wish her the very best wherever she goes and with her lovely family. 

• 3 weeks later...