The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

TVSpy reported today -

Charlotte Station Loses Top Spot After 25 Year Run

This proves it is possible for Davey to bring down Goliath - but only when Davey has a quality news product to offer.

Don't worry WPVI we already know - Brien Kennedy, you are no Davey.

TVSpy reported today -

This proves it is possible for Davey to bring down Goliath - but only when Davey has a quality news product to offer.

I don't know if I'd call what happened in Charlotte a case of Goliath being taken down by David. More like down Goliath being taken down by Macho Man Randy Savage.

TVSpy reported today -

Not with his Chip Kelley approach.

I'm not sad to see her go. I thought she was a horrible anchor and an average reporter at best. Her voice and delivery was simply robotic. Before Jessica came they were seriously considering her to be the lead anchor. Can you have imagined how that could have turned out?

• Like 1

I was watching Face The Nation and when it ended, Eyewitness News was starting. Is it usually on tv at 11:30am on a Sunday morning?

No, it was just because of St. Joseph's University being in the Atlantic 10 Championship, which aired on CBS3 soon after that newscast.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the new Eyewitness News Mornings. Curious what they will do to differentiate the show from the competition. There is nothing wrong with Action News. They have perfect chemistry. And, Fox 29 puts out a strong morning newscast. And, V And Tracey on NBC10 are familiar and stable. Should be interesting to watch.

I was watching CBS This Morning yesterday and when Eyewitness News came on in the middle of the show for a brief, I noticed that they now have the CBS 3 logo spinning with a CBS This Morning logo just like 6abc does with GMA. Are all CBS O&O's doing this now?

I was watching CBS This Morning yesterday and when Eyewitness News came on in the middle of the show for a brief, I noticed that they now have the CBS 3 logo spinning with a CBS This Morning logo just like 6abc does with GMA. Are all CBS O&O's doing this now?

I really can't tell for sure, but I think that WFOR is doing the same.

I don't know if this is the real open, but I seemed to have found this on their Vimeo page: [MEDIA=vimeo]160643407[/MEDIA]

Never thought I'd see the day but with the debut of 3's new morning team they redid the morning open which includes a custom KYW signature'd cut of Enforcer:

Yeah this is exactly (or similar) to what was on Vimeo last week.

Yeah this is exactly (or similar) to what was on Vimeo last week.

The open on Vimeo was a hodge podge concept between KYW 1060's theme and the current Enforcer stuff. If you listen to the music in the final edition, they actually went to Gari for an actual custom cut.

What would be the point of using the KYW signature when they brand as CBS3?

Who knows? The station is in such disarray, it's hard to tell what they're doing. Also they only seem to be doing this in the morning. The noon news had the regular day open and Enforcer music.