The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

Being that 3 is trying to promote itself as the optimistic alternative to the other stations in town (translation: don't look for much hard news there), it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't mind turning the morning show into a giggle fest. This new thing they're going to try with Nicole Brewer smacks of just that. They're going to end up in 4th place if they keep this up. These light, feature heavy news formats just don't work in this town and every station here that's tried it has tanked as a result of it.

CBS3 let go all of the good people and then replaces them with young people that cannot report the news

They're better off auditioning Tracy for the 6pm & 10pm and pairing her with Greg Argos or some other male hire. Ukee & Jessica could do 5pm & 11pm. They can fill the morning co-anchor position with a male and still have the lighter material (see John Muller WPIX when he did mornings or Neil Orne WKRN). A bit ironic as CBS This Morning is complete opposite.

They're better off auditioning Tracy for the 6pm & 10pm and pairing her with Greg Argos or some other male hire. Ukee & Jessica could do 5pm & 11pm. They can fill the co-anchor position with a male and still have the lighter material (see John Muller WPIX when he did mornings or Neil Orne WKRN). A bit ironic as CBS This Morning is complete opposite.

Agreed. Ukee and Jessica shouldn't be anchoring all newscasts.

• Like 1

CBS3 let go all of the good people and then replaces them with young people that cannot report the news

Not necessarily. Larry Mendte screwed himself up and Marc Howard retired. Only Chris May was actually let go. Alycia Lane also screwed herself up, no matter how much she was warned.

Not necessarily. Larry Mendte screwed himself up and Marc Howard retired. Only Chris May was actually let go. Alycia Lane also screwed herself up, no matter how much she was warned.

Don't forget about Susan Barnett. Was there ever a final explanation of her departure?

Don't forget about Susan Barnett. Was there ever a final explanation of her departure?

They couldn't agree to terms of a new contract.

Pat Ciarrochi and Carol Erickson recently left.

CBS3 just lost quite a few good reporters in the past year who would've been good anchor material (Matt Rivers, Todd Quinones, Steve Patterson).

I always liked Mary Stoker Smith, who anchored weekend evenings. Wikipedia says she left CBS 3 in 2009, but doesn't say why. I believe Chris May was originally hired to be her weekend co-anchor. I also thought Anne-Marie Green was good, but she left on her own to go to CBS national news.

Also, is Donovan still going to be the morning anchor? What the hell is going on over there? Dismantling is fine (not great, but nothing new), but if you're going to tear things down, don't start to make repairs while demolition elsewhere is still in-progress.

She went to cover the election of Pope Francis and then got Pneumonia I think somehow and announced she was leaving ... However, I don't think that was the full story

So what's gonna happen to Erika Von what's her face? Pushed out? Moving to weekends? Evenings?

The link I posted from FTV actually said they were interviewing candidates for "co-anchors", so it may be Erika and the new person together.

• Like 1

Nicole was the weekend morning anchor. She was just filling in once Ukee got promoted to nights.

Nicole anchored with Ben Simmoneau(Now at WNYW) and Todd Quinones who left for Las Vegas earlier before Todd just started reporting and fill in anchoring and Ben left for NYC. Nicole needed a co-anchor. I don't think she's really good at solo anchoring.

• Like 1

They're better off auditioning Tracy for the 6pm & 10pm and pairing her with Greg Argos or some other male hire. Ukee & Jessica could do 5pm & 11pm. They can fill the morning co-anchor position with a male and still have the lighter material (see John Muller WPIX when he did mornings or Neil Orne WKRN). A bit ironic as CBS This Morning is complete opposite.

Jim Donovan could fill the male role and he can still do the lighter material as well. Besides, he is already in the budget.

Sorry I missed it. I was interested in seeing some actual news tonight - so I had to turn channel 3 off.

ZING!

But really, if they post it on their website, drop the link here. I'd definitely check to out.

• Like 1