The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

The "Most Watched Station in Philadelphia" doesn't necessarily translate to the "Most Watched News Team" and clearly doesn't equal the most professional or best new product. Just saying.

I know, but what I mean is if the viewers from the game will leave it on KYW because they need news, or their just don't care to change the channel

• Like 1

And the exodus of great reporters (and would've been good anchors) continues at CBS3: http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/nbc-news-hires-new-network-correspondent/280679

Yup, another good one gone.

What a dumpster fire that station is. This is starting to look like WCBS back in the early 2000s.

• Like 2

Steve was a great young reporter with lots of promise and could've gone very far at the station-maybe even could've been an anchor somewhere too.

On the other hand, congrats to Steve on this new position. He's a great fit for NBC and will do very well. I can't wait to see report on Today and Nightly News sometime in the new year.

Did anyone ever stop and think not everyone aspires to be a news anchor nor do they want to be tied down to a desk 5 days a week. A lot of reporters enjoy going out into the field and reporting getting away from the building etc.

Yes understandably so. But what's that have to do with all these reporters leaving?

Forgot to mention perhaps NBC offered Steve a better contract and pay then KYW did so perhaps that's why he took the job. And not every reporter is gonna stay in the same market for years.

I'm sure NBC did offer him a better pay. I would assume for most people (not all) that they hope to one day work at the network level.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say I enjoy watching CNN Newsroom during the late night hours - It allows me the chance to watch some great KYW talent (sorry - former KYW talent). Oren Lieberman in Israel and Matt Rivers in Asia are both doing incredible work. I miss seeing them (and so many others) these days on the once-great KYW.

Camelot - not no mo'

**now back to Taste with Tori - now that's hard-hitting news**

Good Night Family.

There have been commercials about Nicole Brewers new segments at 11pm. It is called "Good Question". Every night they answer a Good Question. I do not see this lasting at all.

Well, this was probably Brien Kennedy's idea since he came from WCCO where they have done this same segment has been done for a few years.

FTVlive reporting that CBS 3 has been interviewing candidates for morning anchors--the latest being Tracye Hutchins from Atlanta.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/1/25/atlanta-anchor-auditioning-in-philly-today

They shouldn't be looking for women in my opinion. The station is filled with them. CBS3 is lacking male talent right now, and without Ukee and Bob there anymore, it's really just becoming a giggle show. I'm not against having a woman, but I believe having a male anchor will keep seriousness in the newscast so CBS3 doesn't become WTXF or even WFSB in Hartford, CT. (Their morning team is uncontrollable)

Being that 3 is trying to promote itself as the optimistic alternative to the other stations in town (translation: don't look for much hard news there), it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't mind turning the morning show into a giggle fest. This new thing they're going to try with Nicole Brewer smacks of just that. They're going to end up in 4th place if they keep this up. These light, feature heavy news formats just don't work in this town and every station here that's tried it has tanked as a result of it.

They shouldn't be looking for women in my opinion. The station is filled with them. CBS3 is lacking male talent right now, and without Ukee and Bob there anymore, it's really just becoming a giggle show. I'm not against having a woman, but I believe having a male anchor will keep seriousness in the newscast so CBS3 doesn't become WTXF or even WFSB in Hartford, CT. (Their morning team is uncontrollable)

Look across the major CBS-owned stations. They're all very female-heavy (most of them young, pretty, and newly-hired). What men these stations have are mostly veteran talent, are too old/bland/white (dare I say) to be be considered for higher-profile roles. The bosses know exactly what they're doing, even if their tactics are severely flawed.