The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

Anyone notice they now have Kate Bilo sitting on the far left of the desk, near Ukee, and Don Bell sitting on the right, near Jessica? Isn't the weather center/green screen on the far right of the set?

I tweeted them and they said they've been playing games like Rock Paper Scissors and thumb wars to decide. Plus, the green screen is in the back of the set behind the cameras.

• 2 weeks later...
If they keep her then she'll most likely go to weekend mornings to replace Carol Erickson

They're fully loaded on the weekends. Justin Drabick and Lauren Casey already fill that role. If they carve out a role for a fifth meteorologist, I imagine it'll be noon and 6pm.

They're fully loaded on the weekends. Justin Drabick and Lauren Casey already fill that role. If they carve out a role for a fifth meteorologist, I imagine it'll be noon and 6pm.

Forgot about Lauren. Maybe either Kyla or Justin fills Kate's old role doing the Noon and splitting the 5PM.

• Like 5

Hope this one is not right ... http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/11/18/shake-up-happening-in-philly

There are plenty of capable reporters to choose from if they are looking to promote from within: Todd Quinones, Cleve Bryan, Steve Patterson, and I was going to say Matt Rivers, but he's gone!

• Like 1

I thought he did a great job anchoring part of the station's Papal Visit coverage with the now-departed Pat Chiarroci. But this is understandly questionable.

I agree with your choices. Bryan and Patterson do have the talent and capabilities to anchor, and Quinonez has done fantastic work as a weekend anchor before. So I also think these guys should get promotions before Donovan.

There's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way (and no it's not his presumed sexual orientation). He just comes off as arrogant and an "I'm better than you" attitude. I do admit he did an okay job with Pat during the Pope visit.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
DAMMIT!

He was one of my favorites, especially during his tenure as occasional weekend morning anchor. He really deserved an promotion to that slot. And he also could've done very well beside Erica von Tiehl in the mornings.

CBS3 screwed it up again. Now I'm never watching them again, especially in the weekends.

The only CBS O&O worse than KYW as of recently is WBBM and they both suck.

WBBM's problem is their lack of action, save for their new, ratings meter-freezing female co-anchor. Even if it's all a big bust, KYW is at least making changes, and are willing to take a few (possibly misguided) risks. WBBM has just given up.

• 2 weeks later...