The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

• 2 weeks later...
Sources within the industry tell me that both cbs3 and fox29 will not be showing the papal mass on the parkway sunday september 27 at 4 pm. They have contracts with the nfl and they felt they should go with that instead of showing the mass. Well, that just means bigger ratings for nbc10, the best station in town.

More like they can't pre-empt NFL football.

CBS3 will just air coverage on the CW Philly.

Guest Newshound

My views and question on cbs3. I saw an article in the philadelphia business journal, written by Jeff Blumenthal. It talked about their new news director. I never really heard of her, until the other day. The article mentioned kyw is making efforts to get new technology to better compete with 6 and 10. Could this mean kyw finally gets their own chopper, instead of sharing one with fox29? I hope so. I think that kyw needs it's own chopper, to help be more competitive, for breaking news and such. Also, their morning team really needs work. They need a male anchor in the mornings, its all women right now. But, their evening team with Ukee, jessica, Don bell, and Kate Bilo, is good. Thoughts _/ comments on my post? Feel free to chime in folks.

fox 29 acquires Kathy Orr

If true, then good for WTXF! Seems like every time KYW 3 lets go of somebody popular, WTXF 29 picks up whoever KYW 3 dropped. It already happened with Bob Kelly. And now with Kathy Orr... for sure... KYW 3's ratings have fallen even further down the basement.

Guest Newshound

Kathy is so good. She will do great things at 29. On a side note, what do you guys think of the odds of kyw getting their own news chopper, now that there is a new news director in town?

Former weekend sports anchor Don Bell has been named sports director.

Already mentioned.

Don Bell, who was on CBS3 from 2005-2010, has been hired as their new sports director. He starts on Sept 13.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Don-Bell-returns-to-CBS3-replace-Beasley-Reece.html

Guest Newshound

Ok, with Pat Cirocci and Jim Donovan co-anchoring together yesterday and today, does anyone know, or think, that they could be an anchor pairing, maybe for the noon show? I know Erica has been kind of doing that, but, I think it's really interesting that they put Pat and Jim together. Also, guys, weigh in on this, do you think 3 will get their own chopper? They share one with fox29, right?

Guest Newshound

Right, saw that as well. good for 3. They will eventually be #2 in the ratings. do you guys think, like I suggested earlier, that Jim Donovan and Pat Cirocci could co-anchor the noon news? They'd be so good together-- and it's interesting, from my view, Jim was paired with Pat this weekend. thoughts about this? I know erika von tiehl co-anchors with her at noon. I never get why they don't let pat co-anchor with erika Monday and Tuesdays in the mornings, when erika usually is solo.