The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

Erika anchored solo this morning. Surprised that they didn't bring in Nicole, Natasha, or even Pat to help out!

Erika also anchored at noon with Pat today.

The morning show was anchored solo? Wow. WCBS is in better shape than you guys but they are also in serious need of talent. I honsetly cant think of one reporter they have that could be promoted to anchor or even fill in. And honestly the best team they have is Alice Gainer and Dick Brennan on WLNY (which not everyone gets). I think they should be put on WCBS at 5 or 6.

The morning show was anchored solo? Wow. WCBS is in better shape than you guys but they are also in serious need of talent. I honsetly cant think of one reporter they have that could be promoted to anchor or even fill in. And honestly the best team they have is Alice Gainer and Dick Brennan on WLNY (which not everyone gets). I think they should be put on WCBS at 5 or 6.

Whenever Dana Tyler retires I'm sure Alice and Dick will take on the 6 pm newscast in addition to the 9 pm newscast. Kristine and Maurice can remain on at 5 & 11.

So apparently Kate Bilo worked Friday 11:00PM, and then did Saturday monring, because they are so low on forecasters. I'm assuming Katie Fehlinger did Sunday AM, and Justin whatever did the weekend eveneings.

Now this is a hectic schedule as it is with only 3 meteorologists on staff, but CBS 3 really needs to act quick because Fehlinger is pregenaunt, and from the looks of it ready to pop any day. So they're on the verge of losing her for several months too

Katie is expecting twins at the end of September, but twins oftentimes can be born much earlier than their due date.

I still think there's a small chance they go all female in the mornings with Nicole Brewer getting the job. She's very popular, and CBS3 has long used her as the replacement when Ukee was on vacation, or filling in at night. Granted that was with old management, but she's filling in now too.

I still think there's a small chance they go all female in the mornings with Nicole Brewer getting the job. She's very popular, and CBS3 has long used her as the replacement when Ukee was on vacation, or filling in at night. Granted that was with old management, but she's filling in now too.

That's because all their anchors are female except for Ukee (and formerly Chris) so there isn't a big pool of fill-ins to choose from.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently Katie Fehlinger shut down some people who were hating regarding her pregnancy body

https://www.facebook.com/181473545215720/photos/a.272484609447946.85682.181473545215720/1120572401305825/?type=1&permPage=1

and it made national news and was a cbs 3 story

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/tv-meteorologist-fires-back-at-haters-who-shamed-127165537817.html

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/08/20/katie-fehlinger-message/

wasn't kate bilo much bigger when she was prego than what katie looks like now?

Good for Katie.

The comments the negative viewers (aka "haters") said were, while possible because of their personal opinion, were inappropriate, immature and downright stupid. It's natural for a woman to gain weight and look more bloated while pregnant; how is the baby supposed to have the room to grow in his/her/their mother's stomach? I feel like they don't have kids themselves to say those comments--but it still makes no sense to say such things to a pregnant woman, because there was still a time where they witnessed a woman getting pregnant and/or giving birth.

Her response was classy and powerful. She didn't have to respond to the idiots who said that crap, but I'm happy for her that she did. She's going to have people supporting her and her twin girls, which I'm happy for her for having. They will have a happy, loving life with a mom as strong-will and smart like Katie.

And another thing: how does a woman look like a sausage in casing?