The CBS 3 Eyewitness News Thread

Jess

I know Ukee doesn't move to evenings until next week, but CBS3's current newscasts have all been anchored by women---Jessica, Kate and Lesley. Has a Philadelphia station ever had an all woman newscast for any length of time, not including vacations?

Michelle Grossman's been working weekends on NBC10 again, although she was off this weekend. Justin also does traffic on CBS3 during the weekday mornings occasionally. They should get one of their "Weather Watchers" to start doing forecasts. :p Kate Bilo is auditioning replacements/helpers, too. http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/cbs-3-kidcaster/

Why has Justin been doing traffic recently? Did they get rid of Vittoria Woodill too?

Why has Justin been doing traffic recently? Did they get rid of Vittoria Woodill too?

For some reason, they have Justin doing traffic Monday and Tuesday. Vittoria does traffic in the evening those 2 days. But then Wednesday-Friday, Vittoria does the morning news and there is no traffic for 5-6:30

For some reason, they have Justin doing traffic Monday and Tuesday. Vittoria does traffic in the evening those 2 days. But then Wednesday-Friday, Vittoria does the morning news and there is no traffic for 5-6:30

Wow, they can't even find someone to do a traffic report?

KYW needs a to do a complete overhaul and they need to invest in the stations. Their product has been lacking for a few years now. I may get a big backlash from this but I think the Alycia Lane and Larry Mendte saga/incident, whatever you want to call it, messed up the channels reputation a bit and leaving the viewers with a bad taste in their mouths . They were on top at one point but now look at them. CBS in general needs to do some work on about all of their stations (WFOR, WCBS, KCBS, KTVT, etc.). I do agree that they need to hire at least 3 male anchors an another female anchor. A rebrand of their sports department and another male weathercaster for weekend mornings. Here's my take below:

Mornings: Erika von Tiehl and Male-co anchor

Noon: Pat Ciarrocchi and Male co-anchor (from the mornings)

Evenings should be broken up into 2 teams

5 p.m. and 11 p.m.: Ukee Washington and Jessica Dean

6 p.m. and 10 p.m.: Natasha Brown and Male co-anchor

Weekend Mornings : Nicole Brewer

Weekend Evenings: Diana Rocco (or new female anchor) and Male co-anchor

If they do this and stick with the teams for more than 3 years to show stability, then they might have a shot. Heck add a 4 p.m. or 7 p.m. newscast but make it a bit lighter and try to interact with viewers.

KYW needs a to do a complete overhaul and they need to invest in the stations. Their product has been lacking for a few years now. I may get a big backlash from this but I think the Alycia Lane and Larry Mendte saga/incident, whatever you want to call it, messed up the channels reputation a bit and leaving the viewers with a bad taste in their mouths . They were on top at one point but now look at them. CBS in general needs to do some work on about all of their stations (WFOR, WCBS, KCBS, KTVT, etc.). I do agree that they need to hire at least 3 male anchors an another female anchor. A rebrand of their sports department and another male weathercaster for weekend mornings. Here's my take below:

If they do this and stick with the teams for more than 3 years to show stability, then they might have a shot. Heck add a 4 p.m. or 7 p.m. newscast but make it a bit lighter and try to interact with viewers.

I like this lineup, but I think Ukee and Jessica should do 6 and 11 p.m. while Natasha and some male anchor does 5 and 10 p.m.

I do agree that they need to hire at least 3 male anchors an another female anchor. A rebrand of their sports department and another male weathercaster for weekend mornings. Here's my take below:

I like this line-up a lot. I think Todd Quinones should be added in, either with Nicole Brewer or by himself on Weekend Mornings. I love his style while watching him and could mesh well with Nicole. Either that or take Evenings. I don't know about Diana Rocco though.

I like this line-up a lot. I think Todd Quinones should be added in, either with Nicole Brewer or by himself on Weekend Mornings. I love his style while watching him and could mesh well with Nicole. Either that or take Evenings. I don't know about Diana Rocco though.

I feel the same about Diana too thats why I put a new female anchor in parentheses.

A rebrand of their sports department and another male weathercaster for weekend mornings.

Rebranding sports isn't going to help. That stuff is going the way of the dodo. WCAU pawned sports off to CSN just fine. KYW (TV) was going to do the exact same thing a few years ago; there were negotiations. The money wasn't right and Comcast buying NBC was just coming on the horizon so it fell apart.

It's not worth paying for a sports anchor (or more) and separate sports producers for -if you're lucky- two minutes of content. They could easily get someone from WIP to do it, much like KYW-AM has done.

Who will be filling in for Ukee on the morning show until they get someone new?

Ukee's last morning show was Wednesday. Nicole Brewer was on with Erika Thursday & Friday. Btw, Pat Gallen from 97.5 radio has been added to CBS3 to cover sports. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/entertainment/Pat-Gallen-moves-from-975-Fanatic-to-CBS3-Phila.html

Ukee's last morning show was Wednesday. Nicole Brewer was on with Erika Thursday & Friday. Btw, Pat Gallen from 97.5 radio has been added to CBS3 to cover sports. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/entertainment/Pat-Gallen-moves-from-975-Fanatic-to-CBS3-Phila.html

Will Pat Gallen be doing the sports report on the weekends or weekdays?

I like this line up.

Natasha should be moved to evenings. And I also think they need a very attractive male co anchor to replace Ukee. (some may disagree)

In other words they need someone who can bring the buzz back to CBS 3. Alycia Lane was very attractive that's part of the reason people tuned in to watch her & Larry Mendte every night. TV news is a superficial realm like it or not. Personality, beauty, and longevity is the name of the game.

Eyewitness News this morning: Erika & New male Co anchor

Noon: Pat & Morning male co anchor

5pm: Pat & Natasha (all female @ 5pm can work, add in some lifestyle segments e.g., neighborhood eats on Fridays like WABC)

6pm: Ukee & Jessica

10pm: Natasha can do it solo since its only a 30min newscast

11pm: Ukee & Jessica

Weekend Mornings: Todd & Nicole

Weekend Evenings: Diana Rocco and male co anchor

Only 2 male co anchors are hired in this case. Promotions from within, saves the station $$$.

If I remember correctly; Ukee anchored the Midday News with Pat and the 5:00PM with Dawn Stensland (Larry Mendte's Wife) in the mid to late 90s.

You would be correct... they had a lot more people anchoring weekdays back then. If I remember correctly KYW's late 90's lineup was:

Pat Ciarrocchi and Amy Caples - mornings

Pat Ciarrocchi and Ukee Washington - Noon

Ukee Washington and Dawn Stensland - 5pm

Siani Lee and Dave Frankel - 6pm

Larry Kane solo anchored 11pm, but Denise Saunders was later added with him..

And on weekends, Carol Erickson was an anchor along with doing weather! I thought she did both roles well There were other weekend folks but I can't remember them well. For some reason, I remember

You would be correct... they had a lot more people anchoring weekdays back then. If I remember correctly KYW's late 90's lineup was:

Pat Ciarrocchi and Amy Caples - mornings

Pat Ciarrocchi and Ukee Washington - Noon

Ukee Washington and Dawn Stensland - 5pm

Siani Lee and Dave Frankel - 6pm

Larry Kane solo anchored 11pm, but Denise Saunders was later added with him..

And on weekends, Carol Erickson was an anchor along with doing weather! I thought she did both roles well There were other weekend folks but I can't remember them well. For some reason, I remember

Ren Scott, Collette Casidy, Robin Rieger.