Gray buying Hoak & Prime Stations

tyrannical bastard

I thought Sinclair bought Pappas but I guess they only bought parts of it. I've noticed that a lot of people seem to be resenting the fact that KHAS is now owned by the same people who one 10/11.

Sinclair bought Titan TV Broadcast Group, which was made up of stations that Pappas sold after they filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2008.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Jannette did not actually read all those rants posted below her...

Looks more like one rant spread across three comments to me

One long, keyword-laden rant.

(Begin glazing-over of eyes... NOW!)

I cannot post anything about Nebraska of substance without later getting a Twitter rant from James. It's truly frustrating.

I have great insight into the Lincoln-Hastings-Kearney market and all I get for it are Twitter rants. Mr. Cieloha, I would kindly appreciate it if you stopped mentioning me.

I cannot post anything about Nebraska of substance without later getting a Twitter rant from James. It's truly frustrating.

I have great insight into the Lincoln-Hastings-Kearney market and all I get for it are Twitter rants. Mr. Cieloha, I would kindly appreciate it if you stopped mentioning me.

After trying to read those three comnents, I'm suprised he didn't compare KLKN to Cookie Monster, Miss Piggy, and Garfield the Cat. :D

You can block him.

I merely posted something about the American Sports Network on Twitter and got a reply about it. I begin to wonder if he's a bot...

Guest Former Member 207

Looks more like one rant spread across three comments to me

One long, keyword-laden rant.

(Begin glazing-over of eyes... NOW!)

Christ almighty, that was something to behold for sure.

Bumping this thread.

Gray's WSAZ Affiliate was very lucky not to loose its transmitter building and things..http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Tower-Fire-Knocks-WSAZ-Off-Air--278461281.html

This guy deserves some recognition. Sounds like he really saved the station.

Quick thinking by WSAZ Engineer Okey Meadows likely saved the entire building at the station's broadcast tower.

Meadows was at the nearby Tristate's CW transmitter because of a generator failure and decided to check on the WSAZ transmission site while he was there.

As he drove up to the site, he saw smoke and seconds later an explosion. He grabbed a fire extinguisher and started fighting the flames while waiting for fire crews to arrive.

"He was very selfless, he was safe in his methods of doing it," WSAZ Chief Engineer Aaron Withrow said. "He really saved the generator and the facility."

This guy deserves some recognition. Sounds like he really saved the station.

Stupid. You don't risk your life over something like this - especially with a tank full of diesel fuel underground. Not to mention that if some Wall Street robber baron ever got ahold of Gray, they wouldn't think twice about giving him his walking papers and replacing him with someone cheaper.

I merely posted something about the American Sports Network on Twitter and got a reply about it. I begin to wonder if he's a bot...

Must be the same guy who managed to turn a straight-up swap between Cox and Fox into grand anarchy over at Radio Discussions. To which I ask, where's the punctuation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Grand Junction's KJCT Channel 8 now have new calls.

Effective today, KJCT is now KGBY.

I wouldn't be shocked if new calls come about for KXJB, & KAQY post-transaction.

Just found this too. The FCC granted Gray a waiver to switch the virtual channels of KJCT (now KGBY) 8 & KKHD-LP 20.

The LP station (which will also move the ABC programming too) will have VC 8, while full-power KGBY will have VC 20.

• 3 weeks later...

New callsigns for two Gray Spinoffs.

KAQY is now KMLU. And KHAS is now KNHL.

And back on November 19, KJCT went back to the old callsign. I'm not sure why they did it, but I assume that they'll probably change it back to KGBY when the deal closes.

It'll be interesting to see what KXJB's new callsign is going to be.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.kjct8.com/home/headlines/KJCT-signal-interruption-1210--10-AM-285298671.html

KJCT has now moved to its signal into KKHD-LP. KJCT is now on channel 20. So here is how they get now:

KKHD-LP (VC 8, RF 20) 8.1 ABC 8.2 CW (All in 720p HD)

KKCO (VC 11, RF 12) 11.1 NBC (1080i) 11.2 MeTV (480i) 11.3 TeleMundo (720p)

KJCT → (KGBY?) (VC 20, RF 8) (spun off) 20.1 Cozi TV (720p)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived