WMGM Atlantic City, NJ Sold For $6M

Weeters

Boston sucks for news, really. You're stuck watching a sub-par Hearst station that's full of themselves, a WSVN wannabe, a FOX station that's lost its way, or a CBS station that tries too hard to get along. New Hampshire really needs to be it's own market for the same reason Atlantic City needs it's own market: People who live there want to hear news from their area, not another.

I would say that a lot of similar sized markets are in the same rut. It isn't necessarily a Boston thing. I think the closest markets to Boston not to fall into this trap are Burlington and Albany.

If New Hampshire was carved out, there are enough people with ties to Boston who would complain about losing Boston news at least in Hillsborough and Rockingham counties which would drive a New Hampshire market. I can think of better cases, South Jersey among them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived