Layoffs at HLN as Network Plans Major Programming Changes

todayshowproducer

Jeff Zucker & the new HLN Executives are really messing up HLN (and CNN for that matter). So, I thought that HLN shouldn't try to compete with CNN,MSNBC,Fox or any other news station, they should have a mix of hard and soft news. So, here's what I thought of:

HLN TV Weekday Programming/Schedule

Morning Block

6:00-Morning Express w/ Robin Meade

9:00-Clark Howard

10:00- News Now (Lynn Berry)

Afternoon Block

12:00-News Now (Mike Galanos)

2:00- Upwave Block

4:00- News Now (Christi Paul)

Evening Block

6:00- Prime News (Kyra Phillips & ?)

7:00- What Would You Do?

8:00- Nancy Grace

9:00-Dr.Drew

10:00-HLN After Dark

HLN TV Saturday Programming/Schedule

Morning Block

6:00-Weekend Express

Afternoon Block

12:00-News Now (?)

2:00-News Now (?)

3:00-Clark Howard

4:00-News Now (?)

Evening Block

6:00- Upwave Block

8:00- HLN Mysteries

HLN TV Sunday Programming/Schedule

Morning Block

Afternoon Block

2:00-American Journey

Evening Block

HLN has been doing a segment called "Why the Health Not?" so why not turn it into a show? On my mock schedule above I thought about cutting Weekend Express an hour short and plug in "Why the Health Not?" at 11:00 am on Saturday & Sunday. What do we all think about this mock?

• 5 weeks later...

Jeff Zucker & the new HLN Executives are really messing up HLN (and CNN for that matter). So, I thought that HLN shouldn't try to compete with CNN,MSNBC,Fox or any other news station, they should have a mix of hard and soft news. So, here's what I thought of:

HLN TV Weekday Programming/Schedule

Morning Block

6:00-Morning Express w/ Robin Meade

9:00-Clark Howard

10:00- News Now (Lynn Berry)

Afternoon Block

12:00-News Now (Mike Galanos)

2:00- Upwave Block

4:00- News Now (Christi Paul)

Evening Block

6:00- Prime News (Kyra Phillips & ?)

7:00- What Would You Do?

8:00- Nancy Grace

9:00-Dr.Drew

10:00-HLN After Dark

HLN TV Saturday Programming/Schedule

Morning Block

Afternoon Block

2:00-News Now (?)

Evening Block

HLN TV Sunday Programming/Schedule

Morning Block

Afternoon Block

2:00-American Journey

Evening Block

HLN has been doing a segment called "Why the Health Not?" so why not turn it into a show? On my mock schedule above I thought about cutting Weekend Express an hour short and plug in "Why the Health Not?" at 11:00 am on Saturday & Sunday. What do we all think about this mock?

Lynn Berry will more then likely be the one to be anchor of Weekend Express sine Natasha left. Susan Hedricks & Mike Galanos will more then likely do the afternoon segments of news now with perhaps Christi Paul thrown in for good measure. Let's not forget HLN seems to be pretty adamant on having Morning Express running till 12 so doubt you would see Clark Howard or News now in the morning.

Some BREAKING News by way of TVNewser:

HLN has cancelled "Showbiz Tonight" after almost 9 years on air.

All staff will be laid off and host AJ Hammer will stay at the network as entertainment reporter.

Here's more: https://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/hln-cancels-showbiz-tonight-keeps-a-j-hammer_b212289

That explains why they'd acquired RightThisMinute. Wonderful!!! *sarcasm*. :angry: :mad: :bang:

charlie-brown-argh.jpg

Three words best describe my reaction upon reading that article.

Oh. My. God.

If this is the future of cable news, I now have reason #3047 to get my news from the locals.

So, I take it none of y'all got the memo that HLN isn't a news network and hasn't been one for over three years (with Headline Prime in 2005 being their death sentence)...

So, I take it none of y'all got the memo that HLN isn't a news network and hasn't been one for over three years (with Headline Prime in 2005 being their death sentence)...

I don't know, I still saw them as a bottom-tier "news" network, even if the product was crappy and half-assed. This only finalizes the demolition.

Archived