Phil Lipof is going to WCVB

Daybreak

In my opinion, the only males that may have a chance to anchor weekend mornings are Dray Clark, Josh Einiger, Matt Kozar or Marcus Solis. With that, if I had to choose, I would like it to be Matt Kozar if they are going in house. Besides these people, Toni Yates, Carolina Leid or Lauren Glassburg are the only female candidates I see having a chance, mostly because the others you may think of, are probably too important to work the weekends. That all said, I have a feeling they will try to get someone from outside the station.

Is Lisa Colagrassi still at channel 7? Why can't she replace Phil?

For the exact reason I stated above. She is way to important to have her work weekends and 3 days a week.

Is it possible that Clark may have been hired with the weekend slot on management's mind, but the terms of Lipof's exit not yet finalized?

Thats what I'm wondering but they are also down people from Jen Maxfield and Jeff Pegues.

In my opinion' date=' the only males that may have a chance to anchor weekend mornings are Dray Clark, Josh Einiger, Matt Kozar or Marcus Solis. With that, if I had to choose, I would like it to be Matt Kozar if they are going in house. Besides these people, Toni Yates, Carolina Leid or Lauren Glassburg are the only female candidates I see having a chance, mostly because the others you may think of, are probably too important to work the weekends. That all said, I have a feeling they will try to get someone from outside the station.[/font']

I knew you'd bring up Kozar...again. He's nowhere near anchor material. Are you related to him?

Is it possible that Clark may have been hired with the weekend slot on management's mind, but the terms of Lipof's exit not yet finalized?

Thought that too...but their stable of reporters is thinner than usual.

I knew you'd bring up Kozar...again. He's nowhere near anchor material. Are you related to him?

No, I have never met the guy but he reminds me of Phil and I could see him as a morning anchor. And there is nothing wrong with brining him up, its a forum for a reason, to discuss. And your opinion is not the be all and end all so relax.

Opening has been posted on 7online.

Weekend Morning Anchor

WABC-TV, New York seeks an experienced weekend morning anchor and reporter for New York's top television news organization. Candidates must be great journalists, communicators, writers, and story-tellers, both from the set and the field. The next weekend morning anchor at WABC will also be a digital leader with a strong working knowledge of social media and other digital platforms. Live news experience and the ability to stay calm and in command is a must. Please send resume to [email protected]. No telephone calls, please. We are an equal opportunity employer.

• 1 month later...

Oh..they showed when he first started...back when he was still using Windsor knots! LOL I held him to such lofty standards that I really let him have it, because when he fell down he REALLY fell down. I hope Boston is ready to have such a dapper, charming sexy beast unleased on them...

Oh..they showed when he first started...back when he was still using Windsor knots! LOL I held him to such lofty standards that I really let him have it, because when he fell down he REALLY fell down. I hope Boston is ready to have such a dapper, charming sexy beast unleased on them...

We've already had him. Lipoff (and his wife, Juli Auclair) worked at WHDH.

Archived