The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

Wonder if Rick will say that "Sarah's off" on Fridays at noon now.

I really do like Walter and Sarah together, way back to their days filling in on the AM when Monica & Rick took over for Marc Howard & Lisa Thomas-Laury

It's how KTLA utilizes weekend talent 3 days a week for the midday shows. Their weekend morning weather anchor is on Monday and Tuesday, and their weekend evening meteorologist is on Wednesday through Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are most of the 6abc meteorologists and weekday morning anchors posting on Twitter so much about watching Action News starting at 4:30 tomorrow? I wonder if there's going to be a big announcement or something? All the meteorologists keep saying "watch David Murphy for the latest weather", Karen Rogers posted about traffic, and Tamala Edwards posted something about Target brand ice cream. They never advertise this much about the newscast unless they're starting at an earlier time or something big is announced. Just seems odd

Why are most of the 6abc meteorologists and weekday morning anchors posting on Twitter so much about watching Action News starting at 4:30 tomorrow? I wonder if there's going to be a big announcement or something? All the meteorologists keep saying "watch David Murphy for the latest weather", Karen Rogers posted about traffic, and Tamala Edwards posted something about Target brand ice cream. They never advertise this much about the newscast unless they're starting at an earlier time or something big is announced. Just seems odd

David Murphy just posted something on his Facebook page about Nydia Han airing a report about buying groceries at Target. ... ? Not sure at all why that's noteworthy!

The simple answer: They were all probably just told to up their social media engagement. I'm not sure anyone's properly unlocked the potential of turning social engagement to eyeballs on the TV. If anyone in this market can do that, it's them.

• Like 1

Did anyone else catch Adam Joseph doing the beginning of the weather on the screen behind the anchor desk? It happened around 10:35 last night on the PHL17 newscast. They had StormTracker up and then it went to an Action Cam shot and then to the Chroma Key

Did anyone else catch Adam Joseph doing the beginning of the weather on the screen behind the anchor desk? It happened around 10:35 last night on the PHL17 newscast. They had StormTracker up and then it went to an Action Cam shot and then to the Chroma Key

No! Good use of it though. I guess that wouldn't work during the regular newscast because the anchors are sitting there and not at the "kids table"

• 2 weeks later...

I occasionally watch the live stream of WPVI and it appeared to me that Adam Joseph looked like he lost a bit of weight. I hope he's okay and it's just from having a baby.

Amy Buckman is leaving Action News after 25 years (according to Ali Gorman) https://www.facebook.com/6abcAliGorman/photos/a.10151635649947161.1073741826.139159362160/10152326493782161/?type=1

Wow! I can't believe that! I wonder where she is going - I always liked her bubbly personality. She doesn't do hard news, but her reporting is still good. And I wonder who will do Saving with 6ABC now?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Adam Joseph will be off our screens for a little bit of time: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/entertainment/television/6ABCs-Adam-Joseph-leaving-TV-last-forecast-tonight.html

I assume they'll use fill-ins (mainly Melissa Magee) instead of just letting Cecily do all the evening/night newscasts.

Looks like Adam Joseph will be off our screens for a little bit of time: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/entertainment/television/6ABCs-Adam-Joseph-leaving-TV-last-forecast-tonight.html

I assume they'll use fill-ins (mainly Melissa Magee) instead of just letting Cecily do all the evening/night newscasts.

He has such a beautiful baby. I ope he gets as much bonding time as possible with the little guy and his partner. Congratulations again to the happy family.

I've noticed that Sharrie now seems to have a bigger purpose on the 5pm show - and they cut to her now without an introduction or conversation, as if it was a 3-person team. However, she doesn't do as much as a regular anchor and she is not included in any of the voiceovers or end-of-the-show shots.

I've noticed that Sharrie now seems to have a bigger purpose on the 5pm show - and they cut to her now without an introduction or conversation, as if it was a 3-person team. However, she doesn't do as much as a regular anchor and she is not included in any of the voiceovers or end-of-the-show shots.

They should have her co-anchor Fridays at noon and Saturday evenings.

Imagine if your employer told you to work a 7 day work week. :rolleyes:

Yes, I would not want to do that. But not sure where you got the idea that I was implying that, as I am fairly certain that Sharrie only works Monday thru Friday currently. So adding the Friday noon is not adding an additional day. Adding Saturday evenings would make it a six day work week (not seven), but they could give her off Mondays so that she would remain at 5 days per week.

Yes, I would not want to do that. But not sure where you got the idea that I was implying that, as I am fairly certain that Sharrie only works Monday thru Friday currently. So adding the Friday noon is not adding an additional day. Adding Saturday evenings would make it a six day work week (not seven), but they could give her off Mondays so that she would remain at 5 days per week.

I misread that. I thought you were referring to Sarah who works Sunday-Thursday.