Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
HulkieD

The Channel 6 Action News Thread

So has anyone heard the real reason for Monica Malpass's sudden departure yet?

1 minute ago, adamv2 said:

So has anyone heard the real reason for Monica Malpass's sudden departure yet?

Nope. We'll know for sure from Monica when she feels it's right.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:08 PM, SJNewsFan said:

Agreed that Sarah would be an excellent choice. She has an established rapport with Rick from noon, and is among the lead reporters for

major events like conventions and the Cosby verdict. 

I’m somewhat surprised that Nydia and Tamala Edwards haven’t subbed on the 5. Nydia’s reporting on the This Is America web series was really strong, and she frequently contributes to the 5 as the consumer anchor. Likewise, Tamala is an accomplished writer. I enjoy watching her and Matt in the morning - perhaps they don’t want to separate that team. 

If Sarah does succeed Monica, maybe they’d give thought to allowing Rick and Sarah an increased reporting role at 10/11, with Matt and Tamala adding the noon show. 

Both Nydia and Tamala have fairly young kids (so does Sarah).  So maybe their early morning / weekend hours work well for them.  Sarah has at least a daughter, but she kept her noon / weekday evenight reporting duties even after having her, so maybe she's been able to make it work for her family-wise.

Sarah is great and really does deserve the 5 PM slot.  If I were her, I'd be pissed if one of the "newbies" got it over her (unless she didn't want it).

In a situation like this, do these people have to wait for their contracts to end, possibly, before taking on a new role?  Or would they just be amended.,

With Sarah on assignment today, Maggie Kent filled in at both noon and 5pm (yesterday Alicia filled in at noon and Sharrie at 5pm).

6 hours ago, 24994J said:

He reminds us every year of a great one who was gone way too early and way too soon.

Have they stopped airing encore presentations of Action News late night? It seems like they haven't been on this week. I won't be happy with the local abc affiliate if they have stopped airing as I can't always watch at 11PM.

27 minutes ago, Sshepard82 said:

Have they stopped airing encore presentations of Action News late night? It seems like they haven't been on this week. I won't be happy with the local abc affiliate if they have stopped airing as I can't always watch at 11PM.

Not sure when this happened. Earlier this month, the guide stated that the 11pm repeat at 1:07am after Nightline. But it now shows Jeopardy, before a Tamron Hall repeat.

Wondering if and when Sarah will officially be named 5pm co-anchor. For most of the time Monica’s been gone, Sarah has anchored Monday through Thursday at noon and 5pm, while maintaining her Fridays off and continuing working Sunday evenings. Christie Ileto has been the most frequent sub for her on Fridays at noon and also doing the 5pm.

I’d be shocked if anyone else gets the spot (as Sarah has been the fill-in 80% of the time). I hope they don’t continue her with this Sunday-Thursday schedule. Unless they’re going in a different direction, they need to give her the 5pm and make her schedule Monday-Friday. That way they can start testing co-anchors with Walter on weekend evenings!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hmm 🤔 Sharrie was anchoring at 5pm today. Wonder where Sarah was (she was on at noon). C’mon 6abc, make your decision already!!

Edited by TVNewsLover

21 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

Hmm 🤔 Sharrie was anchoring at 5pm today. Wonder where Sarah was (she was on at noon). C’mon 6abc, make your decision already!!

Same today with Sarah was reporting. I didn't like seeing that!

19 hours ago, SF1964 said:

WPVI is selling a book commemorating 50 years of Action News.

Info on book.

actionnewsbook.jpg

Bought myself a copy and now waiting for it to be shipped over. I didn't hesitate. I had to have this.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:51 PM, Lamont said:

Same today with Sarah was reporting. I didn't like seeing that!

That's the thing about Sarah.  She's a great reporter AND anchor.

• Like 2

Brian’s anchoring at noon with Sarah today. I caught the 12:30 opening, and it was a generic opening. I wonder if it was because they have a lot of news to get to today, or if it’s because they’re testing new pairs. 

UPDATE: When they close their newscasts, they usually say the names of those that are there as well as those that are off. Mysteriously, Rick’s name was not mentioned at the closing of the noon newscast.

Edited by TVNewsLover

1 hour ago, TVNewsLover said:

Brian’s anchoring at noon with Sarah today. I caught the 12:30 opening, and it was a generic opening. I wonder if it was because they have a lot of news to get to today, or if it’s because they’re testing new pairs. 

UPDATE: When they close their newscasts, they usually say the names of those that are there as well as those that are off. Mysteriously, Rick’s name was not mentioned at the closing of the noon newscast.

They ran the generic open at the top of the show as well. Perhaps something's up.

3 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

They ran the generic open at the top of the show as well. Perhaps something's up.

Seems like something’s definitely up. Jeanette Reyes co-anchored at 4pm with Brian, and Sarah filled in for Alicia doing the features. The 4:30pm rejoin mentioned Sharrie in it, but she was not included in the close. But she gave the 5pm preview, and is now anchoring the 5pm with Rick. And Alicia was in studio at 5pm doing a story!!!

Edited by TVNewsLover
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Seems like something’s definitely up. Jeanette Reyes co-anchored at 4pm with Brian, and Sarah filled in for Alicia doing the features. The 4:30pm rejoin mentioned Sharrie in it, but she was not included in the close. But she gave the 5pm preview, and is now anchoring the 5pm with Rick. And Alicia was in studio at 5pm doing a story!!!

Perhaps Rick and Sharrie are the new 5PM paring, with Rick moving to 10PM and Brian to Noon?

28 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Perhaps Rick and Sharrie are the new 5PM paring, with Rick moving to 10PM and Brian to Noon?

Alicia was mentioned in the closing of the 5pm. If these are permanent pairings, it’s kind of sad to see Rick and Sarah broken up. Also, I feel like it’s a slap in the face to Sarah if she is not given the 4pm or 5pm as she well deserves it. 

• Like 1