Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
HulkieD

The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

Sad to see Monica go. Could’ve seen her and Rick taking over the 11pm once Jim retires. Wishing her the best in the next chapter of her career.

 

I’m thinking Sarah will add the 5pm to her responsibilities, and either Christie Ileto or Jeanette Reyes will get Sarah’s spot on the weekend evenings.

I don't see Jim retiring from Action News.  He will die doing the news.  Rick Williams will be waiting for some time.

 

21 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

Tin foil hat theory: She ends up at FOX 29 after while.

 

Lucy Noland just announced her departure at the end of June...just saying.

Do you think Lucy will get the 5 pm anchor job at WPVI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
3 hours ago, Breaking News said:

Do you think Lucy will get the 5 pm anchor job at WPVI?

 

Nope. She always stays at one station in a market for just a few years and then leaves to go somewhere else and then after a few years, leaves to go somewhere else.

 

She never likes staying at one place. Five years in Philly, three in Los Angeles (KNBC), four in Houston (KHOU), few years in New York (WNYW), six years in Detroit (WJBK; the longest place she's ever been at IIRC) and a few in San Francisco (KGO).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRolyPoly said:

 

Nope. She always stays at one station in a market for just a few years and then leaves to go somewhere else and then after a few years, leaves to go somewhere else.

 

She never likes staying at one place. Five years in Philly, three in Los Angeles (KNBC), four in Houston (KHOU), few years in New York (WNYW), six years in Detroit (WJBK; the longest place she's ever been at IIRC) and a few in San Francisco (KGO).

What about Sharon Reed? Philly is her hometown, and she once worked at NBC10. She has left CBS46. Could she be in-line for the 5 pm job or am I'm grasping at straws?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Breaking News said:

What about Sharon Reed? Philly is her hometown, and she once worked at NBC10. She has left CBS46. Could she be in-line for the 5 pm job or am I'm grasping at straws?

 

I don’t see her being a good fit for WPVI. Doesn’t she have a bit of a reputation? I remember her having a bit of one at NBC10.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides for Sharon isn't her Credibility shot since she had a co anchor that reported on insane conspiracy theories?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, brianpr3 said:

Besides for Sharon isn't her Credibility shot since she had a co anchor that reported on insane conspiracy theories?

I don't think it's fair to question Sharon's chances at moving to a higher-market station just because she so happened to share a studio with a certified conspiracy nut at one point in her career, something the producers should be blamed on. I'd rather go on her own merits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Weekday weather crew in this weekend. Cecily did Saturday night, David Murphy did Sunday Morning, and Adam’s doing Sunday night. 

 

As for 5pm fill-ins:

Friday (5/24) Sharrie and Sarah were both off, so Rick soloed at noon, Christie filled in at 4, and Alicia filled in at 5.

Monday (5/27) Brian and Sharrie did all the evening broadcasts.

Thursday (5/23), Tuesday (5/28) and Wednesday (5/29) Sarah anchored with Rick at 5pm.

Sarah was off Thursday (5/30), so Rock soloed at noon and Sharrie filled in at 5pm.

Friday (5/31) Sarah soloed at noon, Rick and Sarah anchored at 4pm and 5pm. Rick will likely be doing the 10pm solo.

Saturday (6/1) Sarah subbed for Walter. Sunday (6/2) Jeanette Reyes subbed for Sarah alongside Walter.

Monday (6/3), Tuesday (6/4), and Wednesday (6/5) Sarah filled in at 5pm.

Edited by TVNewsLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 5:56 PM, Flyer78 said:

Monica Malpass just announced she is leaving, Rick doing a retrospective...

 

 

 

I guess the succession plan in place for the past 15 years might not happen after all. Sad to see her go, but wishing her well in her new chapter. I only started watching Rick and Monica once they were in the 5PM, but I can imagine their pairing played a major role in shaping Philly TV news in the mornings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is some severe weather coverage on Tuesday, May 28 during a tornado warning in South Jersey 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think it's safe to say if WPVI is going with an in-house candidate for the 5pm co-anchor chair, it's Sarah's to lose. She's filled in 7 of the 10 days so far, with all three of the other days coming on days Sarah was off (two of them during the Memorial Day weekend, and 2 of the 3 days she was off Sharrie filled in). She obviously has chemistry with Rick and is already his Noon co-anchor.

 

This past weekend saw Jeanette Reyes filling in for Sarah next to Walter on Sunday evening. I'm sure they'll continue to test others, like Christie Illeto, next to Walter in the coming weekends.

 

I wonder how long they will wait before making anything official.

Edited by TVNewsLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 7:17 PM, TVNewsLover said:

I think it's safe to say if WPVI is going with an in-house candidate for the 5pm co-anchor chair, it's Sarah's to lose. She's filled in 7 of the 10 days so far, with all three of the other days coming on days Sarah was off (two of them during the Memorial Day weekend, and 2 of the 3 days she was off Sharrie filled in). She obviously has chemistry with Rick and is already his Noon co-anchor.

 

This past weekend saw Jeanette Reyes filling in for Sarah next to Walter on Sunday evening. I'm sure they'll continue to test others, like Christie Illeto, next to Walter in the coming weekends.

 

I wonder how long they will wait before making anything official.

Christie Illeto is in tonight with Walter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A wonderful tribute by Jamie Apody remembering Gary Papa's 10th death anniversary yesterday.
https://6abc.com/sports/10-years-since-i-said-goodbye-jamie-apody-remembers-gary-papa/5353144/

 

John Clark, along with Cecily, and Jim Gardner (I'm sure there's more but I follow them on Twitter) had Twitter posts too remembering Gary.

 

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1141377244260130824?s=20

Edited by emmi_18
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just short of two months, and still no word on Monica’s replacement. Sarah has been the most frequent fill-in, whenever she’s been on at noon she has also anchored at 5pm, except recently. 

 

Oddly, this week (also last Thursday July 4), Sarah was on at noon, but not at 5pm. Monday she filled in for Alicia at 4pm, but Sharrie was on at 5pm. Today (Tuesday) Sarah was out in the field reporting at 4pm, 5pm, and 6pm with Sharrie on again at 5pm. UPDATE: Sarah was on with Rick at 5pm Wednesday.

 

Makes me wonder if they are holding the spot for an outsider or if they are just testing different pairings. Jeanette seems to work well with Walter on weekends, as does Christie.

Edited by TVNewsLover
UPDATE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.