Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
HulkieD

The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Sarah is in on a Friday once again! Interestingly, her recent sub, Christie Ileto, was in the newsroom with a preview of the later shows.

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, TVNewsLover said:

Where is Alicia Vitarelli? Is she on some sort of leave? I have not seen her in weeks.  It was nice to see Sarah filling her role on the 4pm show today (the two main anchors usually fill the role when Alicia is off). Both Sarah and Alicia were included in the closing.

Alicia returned from her medical leave to the 4PM news today.

Edited by SF1964

Well we now know where Jessica Boyington went, back to City Line Av: 

I'm actually shocked as 6 hardly ever poaches talent from other stations in the market but here we are. 

7 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

I'm actually shocked as 6 hardly ever poaches talent from other stations in the market but here we are. 

I wonder if she’ll be doing traffic or something else. If traffic, I wonder if Karen is headed to WABC?

18 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

I wonder if she’ll be doing traffic or something else. If traffic, I wonder if Karen is headed to WABC?

My thoughts exactly, especially after she filled in in New York. It would certainly make sense.

I guess it's possible but given what Jessica teased about her debut story being a report on what's happening this weekend leads me to believe she's likely going to be a feature reporter and perhaps a staple on FYI Philly. 

21 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

And that, in this case is other stations, plural - must have a fantastic agent...

22 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

You're not kidding. Wowwwwwww

• Like 2

I’m surprised there was such a short no compete. She left mid February sweeps and joins mid May sweeps - three months.  I thought the standard was six months or more.  Maybe other talent is longer but seeing as she was a traffic reporter they may not have cared.

I am slightly curious if and how much the move to CTC impacted her choice.  I know dayside employees need to take public transit but I’m not sure what morning employees do.  If they have to take public transit at such an hour I could see people looking for other options. 

Posted (edited)

Monica Malpass just announced she is leaving, Rick doing a retrospective...

Edited by Flyer78
OCD Spelling correction

Sad to see Monica go. Could’ve seen her and Rick taking over the 11pm once Jim retires. Wishing her the best in the next chapter of her career.

I’m thinking Sarah will add the 5pm to her responsibilities, and either Christie Ileto or Jeanette Reyes will get Sarah’s spot on the weekend evenings.

Tin foil hat theory: She ends up at FOX 29 after while.

Lucy Noland just announced her departure at the end of June...just saying.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

Tin foil hat theory: She ends up at FOX 29 after while.

Lucy Noland just announced her departure at the end of June...just saying.

See that's what I'm thinking. She'll eventually pop up somewhere else, so this is probably not the last we've heard of Monica Malpass. 

Edited by tjt24

Posted (edited)

I'm speechless.

I wish Monica all the best wherever she goes next, and the happiest of times with her family.

But right now I will miss her on-air and everything that made her an icon in Philly TV news.

Again, I'm speechless.

Edited by Action Newsroom

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! YOU GOTTA BE F***ING KIDDING ME!

Not in my wildest dreams did I see Monica leave WPVI this sudden. I thought she would leave in another 4-5 years from now but not now! I'm really shocked.

Posted (edited)

Rick's Noon co-anchor and Sunday evening co-anchor Sarah Bloomquist filling in at 5 tonight.

Edited by Action Newsroom

2 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

Rick's Noon co-anchor and Sunday evening co-anchor Sarah Bloomquist filling in at 5 tonight.

Yeah, they went with the no-name short open. They may test others in the chair, but I think Sarah is the best and most logical choice.

6 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Yeah. They may test others in the chair, but I think Sarah is the best and most logical choice.

Yep, I think Sarah is perfect for the 5 too. She very much deserves the promotion.