The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

Have you guys notice that there's a new reporter in the fray?

Her name is Trish Hartman. She previously worked at WJCL/WTGS, WLVT, WNEP and WFMZ.

She's also Update Anchor for The Intelligencer.

I'm not sure if she's a freelancer or an official reporter yet...but She's really good.

Don't forget, she was one of those reporters who was frequently a part of "Making News: Savannah Style" for TV Guide Network while she was at WJCL/WTGS.

Have you guys notice that there's a new reporter in the fray?

Her name is Trish Hartman. She previously worked at WJCL/WTGS, WLVT, WNEP and WFMZ.

She's also Update Anchor for The Intelligencer.

I'm not sure if she's a freelancer or an official reporter yet...but She's really good.

I saw her do a report last night at 11 pm. Didn't know she worked at WFMZ - I don't really recall that. But they get so many transient reporters sometimes it's hard to keep track of.

Brian has been off for the past couple days--he's in Rome covering the Pope's Visit to America in Philadelphia.

So someone else is in his place: Monica Malpass. (I know, right??)

LOL well Monica should do something!

Anyone catch any of Adam Joseph doing the tornado warnings tonight? Wow! I tuned in around 6:05 and was glued to the TV. He did a great job, explained everything so technically but also so well so you could understand it, and held his own during various equipment problems. Jim Gardner kept throwing him the dumbest questions and he tackled them with ease. Check out all the comments on his Facebook page.

Jim Gardner kept throwing him the dumbest questions and he tackled them with ease. Check out all the comments on his Facebook page.

Well isn't that the anchors job during a tornado warning? To ask dumb questions that viewers should know but are ignorant to.

Brian has been off for the past couple days--he's in Rome covering the Pope's Visit to America in Philadelphia.

So someone else is in his place: Monica Malpass. (I know, right??)

Yup she anchored solo at 10pm last Friday and on Monday night too. Doing a good job a might add!! I could see her getting the 10pm with Brian if Sarah gets the 4pm with Brian.

LOL well Monica should do something!

Anyone catch any of Adam Joseph doing the tornado warnings tonight? Wow! I tuned in around 6:05 and was glued to the TV. He did a great job, explained everything so technically but also so well so you could understand it, and held his own during various equipment problems. Jim Gardner kept throwing him the dumbest questions and he tackled them with ease. Check out all the comments on his Facebook page.

Adam did do a good job! Where's Cecily? I've noticed as of late one weather person doing the 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 10pm, and 11pm, sometimes Cecily or sometimes Adam. I wonder if they are trying to maximize their time off?

Yup she anchored solo at 10pm last Friday and on Monday night too. Doing a good job a might add!! I could see her getting the 10pm with Brian if Sarah gets the 4pm with Brian.

Yeah, she really did a great job. I stayed glued to her and was fascinated.

And it does seem like I was surprised to see her at 10pm, but I was. I didn't really expect her to be on at this hour. Could you blame me?

Adam did do a good job! Where's Cecily? I've noticed as of late one weather person doing the 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 10pm, and 11pm, sometimes Cecily or sometimes Adam. I wonder if they are trying to maximize their time off?

He really did. He really knew what he was doing, and kept us all in the know with his forecasting. He was more than impressive.

And Cecily was noticeably absent? Well, I didn't watch the news that day until the Thunderstorm Warning hit, and even then I was watching 29 after 6. But still this is a shock, as she usually is at the forefront for storms, I guess.

Maybe she's on vacation, maybe something else. Who knows? Also a shock of giving Adam all the screen-time and not have another meteorologist with him too. Usually at times like this, 2 meteorologists usually appear on screen. But this is a strange, yet great turnout.

Yeah, she really did a great job. I stayed glued to her and was fascinated.

And it does seem like I was surprised to see her at 10pm, but I was. I didn't really expect her to be on at this hour. Could you blame me?

He really did. He really knew what he was doing, and kept us all in the know with his forecasting. He was more than impressive.

And Cecily was noticeably absent? Well, I didn't watch the news that day until the Thunderstorm Warning hit, and even then I was watching 29 after 6. But still this is a shock, as she usually is at the forefront for storms, I guess.

Maybe she's on vacation, maybe something else. Who knows? Also a shock of giving Adam all the screen-time and not have another meteorologist with him too. Usually at times like this, 2 meteorologists usually appear on screen. But this is a strange, yet great turnout.

I think Cecily's on vacation, at least I'm assuming she is based on the pictures she's posted on Facebook lately!

I was glued to my TV for at least 20 straight minutes listening to him. I learned a lot!

And tonight Monica is in for Jim!

Rick anchored at noon with Sarah, at 4 with Sharrie, and at 5 with Sharrie. Monica anchored the 6. I assume Monica will anchor the 11, but I wonder if she'll do the 10 too, or if Sharrie will.

UPDATE: Monica anchored the 10 solo as well as the 11.

Rick anchored at noon with Sarah, at 4 with Sharrie, and at 5 with Sharrie. Monica anchored the 6. I assume Monica will anchor the 11, but I wonder if she'll do the 10 too, or if Sharrie will.

They all need to get a hotel room.

Monica is great when anchoring solo. Right up there with Gardner frankly, and much better then when she is co-anchoring. Granted she is great co-anchoring too, has great chemstry with Rick, and is good at banter (except for her laugh), I just think she is even greater when anchoring solo for Jim, and now at 10:00.

Monica is great when anchoring solo. Right up there with Gardner frankly, and much better then when she is co-anchoring. Granted she is great co-anchoring too, has great chemstry with Rick, and is good at banter (except for her laugh), I just think she is even greater when anchoring solo for Jim, and now at 10:00.

Yes, I've always liked her in a different way when anchoring solo. She's really good at being serious and looking genuine serious. She and Rick are second to none though with the banter.

Monica's really great at ad libbing during breaking news, really one of the best I think.

This is how u know your news theme song is iconic.... From Jamie Apody....

In case you missed it, @theroots KILLED their opening number on the Parkway, sampling the @6abc theme song #6abc4th https://t.co/YPQYPAq9IE

They sent out a link to this on the 6ABC app (a little ridiculous for a push notification) and it was great!

Today: Matt anchored the morning with Erin. Matt anchored at noon solo. Rick anchored at 4 with Erin, at 5 with Monica, then Monica anchored at 6, Monica anchored the 10pm solo, while Rick anchored the 11. They must be really short staffed!! Also odd for channel 6 to have both Rick and Monica come in late. They should've at least had Rick with Monica at 10. I thought I saw Nydia, Sharrie, and Walter reporting. They could've used them unless they're short staffed on reporters too.

Today: Matt anchored the morning with Erin. Matt anchored at noon solo. Rick anchored at 4 with Erin, at 5 with Monica, then Monica anchored at 6, Monica anchored the 10pm solo, while Rick anchored the 11. They must be really short staffed!! Also odd for channel 6 to have both Rick and Monica come in late. They should've at least had Rick with Monica at 10. I thought I saw Nydia, Sharrie, and Walter reporting. They could've used them unless they're short staffed on reporters too.

Yesterday, I saw Monica at 6 and Rick at 11, and Alicia Vitarelli was doing the noon.

Really odd that poor Erin O'Hearn had to work at 4am and 4pm today!

I think Erin O'Hearn would be a great replacement for Shirleen at 4 & 10. Although I guess that would mean she couldn't fill in in the mornings. She'd probably prefer mornings since she has at least 3 children, I think...

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a promo for "The Fab Life" premiering this fall at 2pm on WPVI. Daytime Jeopardy will probably fall off the schedule as it is a rerun anyway, but will Millionaire return to 12:30pm? I wonder where other stations are putting "The Fab Life"...

I saw a promo for "The Fab Life" premiering this fall at 2pm on WPVI. Daytime Jeopardy will probably fall off the schedule as it is a rerun anyway, but will Millionaire return to 12:30pm? I wonder where other stations are putting "The Fab Life"...

You must not know the current schedule. 6's Noon news now runs for an hour. Millionaire's been running at 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Millionaire is the odd man out in. From what I've gathered, the second Jeopardy airing has done well for them and Millionaire has been irrelevant for awhile now.