M 5/25: Sharrie Williams

T 5/26: Nydia Han

W 5/27: Nydia Han

Th 5/28: Alicia Vitarelli

F 5/29: Alicia Vitarelli

M 6/1: Sarah Bloomquist

T 6/2: Sarah Bloomquist

W 6/3: Eva Pilgrim

Looks like they are testing everyone out. I wonder if Tamala Edwards will get a chance.

*Note: updated with today's info and correction.

So far filling the 4pm slot:

Th 5/21: Sharrie Williams

F 5/22: Sharrie Williams

T 6/2: Nydia Han (missed this one but I believe it was her)

Looks like they are testing everyone out. I wonder if Eva Pilgrim and Tamala Edwards will get a chance.

Sarah did yesterday's show. Eva's on today.

Looks like they are testing everyone out. I wonder if Tamala Edwards will get a chance.

I would love to see Eva or Nydia get the 4. Sharrie Williams is better off at 5pm.

Catching the last ten minutes of the 4PM right now... Brian is off and it's Rick and Eva anchoring. For the 5, Monica is off and Sharrie is filling in for her.

Thoughts on possible replacements for Shirleen:

- It would be nice to see Sarah get the 4. Even though she's been one of their top reporters, she can still continue to report on the field for the 6, 10, and 11 PM newscasts.

- For me, Brian is more than capable of anchoring the 10PM newscast solo.

- I doubt Tamala would get a chance to anchor the 4 as mornings have become an important, but long newscast and I don't think 6 would want to mess with her pairing with Matt.

- Could it be possible that 10's strong, hard-news 20-minute attack is a factor (small one I would think) in who they choose for the 4?

Catching the last ten minutes of the 4PM right now... Brian is off and it's Rick and Eva anchoring. For the 5, Monica is off and Sharrie is filling in for her.

Thoughts on possible replacements for Shirleen:

- It would be nice to see Sarah get the 4. Even though she's been one of their top reporters, she can still continue to report on the field for the 6, 10, and 11 PM newscasts.

- For me, Brian is more than capable of anchoring the 10PM newscast solo.

- I doubt Tamala would get a chance to anchor the 4 as mornings have become an important, but long newscast and I don't think 6 would want to mess with her pairing with Matt.

- Could it be possible that 10's strong, hard-news 20-minute attack is a factor (small one I would think) in who they choose for the 4?

If Sarah gets the 4pm she could only continue to report at 6pm, not 10pm or 11pm. She co-anchors the noon so that would make for long days.

I don't like Brian solo at 10pm. It's an hour long and therefore I think he needs a co-anchor.

I brought up Tamala because all the other female anchors have gotten a swing at it.

If hard news is a factor, then I'd take Nydia and Alicia out of the running as they are too perky for that. My opinion only, but I think it's a toss up between Sharrie and Sarah, with an outside chance of Eva getting it.

If it's Sarah, I think Monica gets the 10pm, and Sharrie or Eva get weekend evenings (or at least Sunday evenings). If it's Sharrie, all else stays same.

For my 2c, I think I want to see either Eva or Sharrie get the 4 and 10.

I definitely see either of the ladies taken the seat, as I believe both have the talent to both hard-driven and easy-going, depending on the story calling for either. I've really enjoyed Eva as weekend morning anchor and Sharrie whenever she's a fill-in anchor, so I think either or my choices are perfect for the move-up. (If either aren't chosen, I'll understand)

If hard news is a factor, then I'd take Nydia and Alicia out of the running as they are too perky for that. My opinion only, but I think it's a toss up between Sharrie and Sarah, with an outside chance of Eva getting it.

I agree. I feel Nydia and Alicia don't have the amount of serious to carry the 4pm and especially the 10pm.

Also, I think giving Monica the 10pm is a bit much for her, unless she wants to take it.

I don't like Brian solo at 10pm. It's an hour long and therefore I think he needs a co-anchor.

I agree and disagree. I think Brian is a great anchor, whether solo or paired.

I still haven't really warmed up to Sharrie a whole lot. When she talks she places emphasis on words in a strange way ... I can't quite explain it.

Whoever said that would be a long day for Monica ... she's been doing a lot of special reports at 11 pm lately, so maybe she wouldn't be that opposed to it? But her doing 4, 5, and 10 is a lot.

Sarah is one of their strongest reporters, for both serious and light-hearted stories ... but she's a great anchor, too!

As for Nydia, anchoring every day would probably take away from her doing consumer stories.

Speaking of consumer/investigative stories, you would think Wendy Saltzmann would do a lot more of those? Or are they really that time-consuming?

Whoever said that would be a long day for Monica ... she's been doing a lot of special reports at 11 pm lately, so maybe she wouldn't be that opposed to it? But her doing 4, 5, and 10 is a lot.

My suggestion was if Sarah gets the 4pm, that Monica do the 10pm. Her day would be no longer than Rick's or the average evening anchor's work day.

Lisa Thomas-Laury has just revealed that she has been off the air for the past several months undergoing a second bone marrow transplant.

https://www.facebook.com/6abcLisaThomasLaury?fref=photo

When she made her second return from her illness in 2006, she became the primary backup up at 5pm, for Jim Gardner at 6/11pm, and for Rob Jennings on the weekends. I was disappointed to less of her on the air in recent times, but I guess that's because of her health situation. Wishing her the very best!

Lisa Thomas-Laury has just revealed that she has been off the air for the past several months undergoing a second bone marrow transplant.

https://www.facebook.com/6abcLisaThomasLaury?fref=photo

When she made her second return from her illness in 2006, she became the primary backup up at 5pm, for Jim Gardner at 6/11pm, and for Rob Jennings on the weekends. I was disappointed to less of her on the air in recent times, but I guess that's because of her health situation. Wishing her the very best!

I just saw that yesterday, too! Just watched a video of her son shaving her head. Apparently she (they) saved bone marrow from her first transplant and are giving it to her again.

I actually hadn't noticed her absence, but I've been busy lately and haven't gotten to watch that often.

Sharrie (in for Sarah) co-anchoring with Walter tonight. Wonder if they're testing pairs...

Possibly, but remember Sarah filled in at 4pm a few days this week, so maybe it's just comp time for her. Eva was off this morning, so it could have been the same deal for her, too.

Possibly, but remember Sarah filled in at 4pm a few days this week, so maybe it's just comp time for her. Eva was off this morning, so it could have been the same deal for her, too.

I think Eva posted on twitter she was going on vacation back on Friday or so, thats why she wasn't on this weekend.

Nightline is on right now, and not the 11pm news on schedule. This is after Game 3 of the NBA Finals.

Nevermind: The game is still on, and I realized that someone else is watching it on Roku in another room. I'm in a third room doing God-knows-what. Silly me. Apologies. Forget what I said.

He's already the weekend morning meteorologist!

I thought you meant "resigned" not re-signing as in renewing!

I'm stating that he re-signed and that that's what he does. There was nothing ambiguous in my statement if you read it.

Update of the 4pm fill-in chart:

Th 5/21, F 5/22, M 5/25: Sharrie Williams

T 5/26, W 5/27: Nydia Han

Th 5/28, F 5/29: Alicia Vitarelli

M 6/1, T 6/2: Sarah Bloomquist

W 6/3, Th 6/4: Eva Pilgrim

F 6/5: Eva Pilgrim & Rick Williams

M 6/8, T 6/9: Erin O'Hearn

W 6/10, Th 6/11, F 6/12: Nydia Han

M 6/15, T 6/16, W 6/17: Sarah Bloomquist

Th 6/18: Alicia Vitarelli

F 6/19: Alicia Vitarelli & Monica Malpass (Monica soloed at 10pm)

M 6/22: Alicia Vitarelli & Eva Pilgrim (Monica soloed at 10pm)

T 6/23: Sharrie Williams & Rick Williams (Monica soloed at 10pm)

W 6/24: Sharrie Williams & Rick Williams (also at 5pm) (Monica soloed at 10pm)

Th 6/25: Eva Pilgrim & Rick Williams (Sarah & Rick at 5pm) (Monica soloed at 10pm)

*Sharrie Williams has been a frequent fill-in at 5pm during these weeks

F 6/26: Sharrie Williams & Rick Williams

Update of the 4pm fill-in chart:

Th 5/21, F 5/22, M 5/25: Sharrie Williams

T 5/26, W 5/27: Nydia Han

Th 5/28, F 5/29: Alicia Vitarelli

M 6/1, T 6/2: Sarah Bloomquist

W 6/3, Th 6/4, F 6/5: Eva Pilgrim (Fri with Rick at 4pm)

M 6/8, T 6/9: Erin O'Hearn

W 6/10, Th 6/11, F 6/12: Nydia Han

M 6/15: Sarah Bloomquist

It just shows you that any one of those ladies are up for the job at 4 and possibly at 10pm.