The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

24 minutes ago, Abraham J. Simpson said:

Maybe she’s the one who wants to get out earlier for the weekend this time. 

She tweeted that she had a family commitment as the reason for the shift in schedule.

Good debut, seems absolutely fine. 

The question of how they use a 6th body remains. The social media responses that this brings them back to what they had previously is technically true but also misleading, since one was primarily the traffic reporter with some weather hits (and of course in fairness covering the earliest part of the morning show and the prep, with David Murphy also doing noon four days a week). 

Give her some early morning duty to give Karen a well-earned later start (later being relative) some days? That would seemingly make Payton the built in coverage for Karen’s days off in that scenario. So no more weekday shows for Sowers (for the most part). 

Have her do noon and any afternoon coverage on Brittany’s days off? That puts Adam back to evenings only, and also removes a weekday slot from Chris most week. And it’s two days a week. 

Flex her all over for coverage (who loses out?) and reporting on weather topics? Maybe. 

Maybe a coincidence, but the timing is interesting that on the day she debuts, Sowers talks about plans to do more of his home-based livestreams. 

She could also do some weekend evenings, filling in for Brittany.  They had to have Adam or Cecily fill in on those shifts just a week or so ago.  Chris has also pulled some doubles, doing morning and evening weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, cg41386 said:

Hmm?

Oh, it was already posted in Graphics. Whatever.

It looks like it will be a gradual rollout. They are still using the old graphics as of this morning.

As discussed in the ABC graphics thread and on our TheNewsCenter Discord, someone at WPVI simply cued up the new open, by mistake, for only one of the Sunday morning hours. Nothing has technically debuted, but the FULL rollout should be later this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

So the Big Story so far is... the opening looked like the short-version from Sunday morning (no fancy live weather, etc.)

Did have the usual spoken talent intro, however.

Edited by Flyer78

Yeah, that misalignment was irking me, and I full well realize that’s a personal issue with me.  That and there’s still a remnant of the old package being used subtly on the vertical monitors off to the side of the anchor desk, at least during one segment. 

That said, I like some of the new transitions as part of the package. 

1 hour ago, Abraham J. Simpson said:

Yeah, that misalignment was irking me, and I full well realize that’s a personal issue with me.  That and there’s still a remnant of the old package being used subtly on the vertical monitors off to the side of the anchor desk, at least during one segment. 

That said, I like some of the new transitions as part of the package. 

Our inside source says it'll be a few weeks before the ticker and set screens get switched over. Heck, the new opens are temporary, since they're still the winter ones.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 24994J said:

Our inside source says it'll be a few weeks before the ticker and set screens get switched over. Heck, the new opens are temporary, since they're still the winter ones.

Will we get pics of the anchors in the opens?

57 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Will we get pics of the anchors in the opens?

Temporary, as in they basically pasted the new logo animation over the end of this season's winter opens. With spring coming up quick, what debuted Tuesday won't last long. No talent faces are coming. Status quo and familiar is the plan. Sorry if my wording suggested otherwise.

23 hours ago, 24994J said:

Temporary, as in they basically pasted the new logo animation over the end of this season's winter opens. With spring coming up quick, what debuted Tuesday won't last long. No talent faces are coming. Status quo and familiar is the plan. Sorry if my wording suggested otherwise.

Are they switching the animation at the end to what the other channels are using? Aka this... 

8 minutes ago, wofchristian said:

Are they switching the animation at the end to what the other channels are using? Aka this... 

No. How it launched is how it will remain.

• Like 1