The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

I must say I really like Brittany Boyer's style of presenting the weather, she does a great job at summarizing the story on the spot, as opposed to Cecily and Adam who just flat out read what is on the graphics (and even Dave Roberts when he was around).  Hopefully Boyer sticks around awhile.

25 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Wow, no on air goodbye?

It was mentioned it at the end of the 6PM show.  They showed some clips of his stories over the years and his coworkers congratulating him in the newsroom.   There was cake and he got a hug from Jim Gardner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 7:08 PM, phillynewslover said:

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. Jeff Chirico's LinkedIn says he left in November, and is now a realtor full-time. Erin O'Hearn's page still says she is there, though.

She’s anchoring on MSNBC today.3F0F496B-D73A-4F7F-BFFB-8FC6513B3A30.thumb.jpeg.4f8c96dd4a3f07ed54112431a8489c73.jpeg

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone ever notice that Brian Taff and Sharrie Williams add some extra comment after they get the toss back from a reporter on the street?  "Ooh, that looks like it was a scary situation".  "We''ll have to keep an eye out for that."  It's like they have to get the last word in and seem more involved with the story.  It bugs me.  Some other anchors will occasionally do it.  I don't notice Rick Williams, Sarah Bloomquist, or Jim Gardner doing it.  They usually just say "Thank you for that report", and move on. 

Edited by SF1964
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, readingreporter said:

Does anyone know when Jim’s last day officially is yet? Also does anyone know if Rick is officially going be the replacement at 6? I keep reading Gray may be a dark horse candidate to replace Jim.

While I love Gray, I think he’s better suited for mornings. I could see Rick, Brian, and Sharrie in the running for the 6pm. I honestly wished they had gone with co-anchors at 6pm & 11pm. Curious to see if whoever gets the 6pm causes a ripple effect on other shows. Seems that they’ve been experimenting weekend evenings too with Walter being joined by a co-anchor various times. 

Another interview as the farewell tour in underway. This one seems to confirm Gardner’s last day at the station is 12/31; perhaps his actual last airdate is going to be Friday 12/30? 

Great interview to read overall:

mainlinetoday.com

Jim Gardner Prepares for Retirement After 45 Iconic Years at 6abc

On the eve of his retirement, local media icon Jim Gardner looks back on his career and his 45 years at 6abc.
mainlinetoday.com mainlinetoday.com

• Like 6