The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

6 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

Erin O'Hearn returned during the Noon newscast the tease the 4pm.

I repeat: Erin O'Hearn returned

Beat me to it, I caught that too. Wonder if she’s filling in for anyone later. All three afternoon/evening ladies were off Friday, and Maggie filled in at 12, 4, and 5, and Alicia was the feature anchor for all 3 shows.

11 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Beat me to it, I caught that too. Wonder if she’s filling in for anyone later. All three afternoon/evening ladies were off Friday, and Maggie filled in at 12, 4, and 5, and Alicia was the feature anchor for all 3 shows.

That's my guess. They didn't seem like she was here on a permanent basis. Also Alicia just an FYI feature story so that rules her out from being off.

If you thought her quick reappearance at Noon was a fluke, Erin O'Hearn really is back at WPVI with a story during the 4pm. She's one of the station's many great reporters of the past decade and to see her back was a genuine surprise. I hope she'll be back permanently, but it's great to have her return to our TV screens.

3 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

Erin O'Hearn returned during the Noon newscast the tease the 4pm.

I repeat: Erin O'Hearn returned

3 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

That's my guess. They didn't seem like she was here on a permanent basis. Also Alicia just an FYI feature story so that rules her out from being off.

Erin is filling in for Sarah as feature anchor at 4pm as Sarah is filling in for Jeanette on the main anchor chair. 

4 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

If you thought her quick reappearance at Noon was a fluke, Erin O'Hearn really is back at WPVI with a story during the 4pm. She's one of the station's many great reporters of the past decade and to see her back was a genuine surprise. I hope she'll be back permanently, but it's great to have her return to our TV screens.

By the looks of her Facebook page it looks like she’s back permanently. 

10 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

Erin is filling in for Sarah as feature anchor at 4pm as Sarah is filling in for Jeanette on the main anchor chair. 

This should've been the lineup. Not to knock on Jeanette, because she is a great anchor and fantastic reporter. But Sarah deserves her promotion and this would've been it.

14 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

By the looks of her Facebook page it looks like she’s back permanently. 

will ferrell yes GIF

• Like 4

How great to see Erin back on the air! I think she’d make an excellent partner for Walter on weekend desk.

Perhaps there’s a spot on weekday mornings, too. Matt and Tam stand watch for 3 hours. Over a shorter span from 4p to 6:30p, now seven different anchors share the desk. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Part 26,626 of "does the theme song matter?" A remix was played as part of warm-ups to the Flyers/Blue Jackets game on Tuesday, 2/18... It was noticed on Twitter and more. 

Other coverage: https://www.inquirer.com/flyers/flyers-6abc-action-news-theme-song-jim-gardner-move-closer-to-your-world-20200219.html

I guess that is one way to get some free coverage outside the sports block...

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like Brian Taff has been co-anchoring solo at noon the past few Fridays. Jeanette had been filling in for Sarah prior to that. Oddly, Jeanette has been absent the past few Fridays at 4pm too, with Maggie Kent filling in at 4pm.

Also, Sarah has been Sharrie’s fill-in at 5 whenever she is off, but this week Erin O’Hearn has been filling in at 5 (and 10) alongside Rick. 

Edited by TVNewsLover

I always liked Action News because they were consistent.  Still feel Sarah not treated fair.  Personally do not like the Erin mix so I turn the channel and things not much better, in my opinion at 10.  The Action News 50 years commercial makes you think things are the same, but they are not.  Maybe they have a reason but after several months I am not seeing it.  Sorry.  One night at 5 this week I just turned the TV news off and read it on the IPAD.  

They appear to now be running a crawl during the 10pm on WPHL. I capped It during a Coronavirus scroll but a minute beforehand it was scrolling local temperatures with "AccuWeather" in place of the "covid 19" title. I'm not a fan, particularly of how it bumps up on the time/temp. 

FD03A9E5-494A-4E78-A3ED-FECEAB74D4A4.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PhillyWatch said:

6 ran a short promo before tonight’s 10pm on WPHL promoting the fact that they’re now the most watched 10pm newscast. Anybody have any info on how long this has been the case?

They've been running that promo since at least the end of last year.

• Thanks 1

Surprised that 6 was late to the game as far as remote/video conferencing in. Yesterday, Adam and Sarah videoed in to the 4pm. Also surprised that they haven’t switched to solo anchoring like 3 & 10, or limiting the amount of anchor teams in studio (like having Brian & Jeanette handle noon, 4pm, and 5pm half hour, and having Rick & Sharrie handling 5:30pm, 6pm, 10pm, and 11pm). I know Jim is the leader and face of Action News, but I’d think it’d be wise for him to stay home since he is over 70 years old. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Lamont said:

If anyone has been wondering where former 6abc anchor Monica Malpass ended up, looks like she is now a Business Anchor at the NASDAQ.

Good for her. She deserves it after 25 years where it looks like its a promotion where she'll be across the country and not just Philadelphia. I just hope WPVI picks up her reports. 😋

• Like 1