The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

Watched the beginning of Action News at Noon today with Alicia filling in (solo) for Rick and Sarah. I walked away for a bit, and when I returned at 12:30 Ali Gorman was anchoring. Wonder if it was planned that way, or if Alicia had to step away for something.

3 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

Watched the beginning of Action News at Noon today [...] I walked away for a bit, and when I returned at 12:30 Ali Gorman was anchoring. 

1 hour ago, radioinactive said:

Noticed it also, was unusual, When Ali Gorman came on [...].

Damn, I wish I watched that; Would've been odd but fascinating. This reminds me of when Anita Brikman once filled in for Rob Jennings over a decade ago.

22 hours ago, Eyewitness News-man said:

Damn, I wish I watched that; Would've been odd but fascinating. This reminds me of when Anita Brikman once filled in for Rob Jennings over a decade ago.

Anita Brikman used to fill in a lot for various people.  Didn't she anchor weekend mornings with Scott Palmer?  And when Rick and Monica moved to 5 PM, Scott and Anita filled in for them until they got Matt and Sarah, then Tamala

7 hours ago, Mrknowitall526 said:

Anita Brikman used to fill in a lot for various people.  Didn't she anchor weekend mornings with Scott Palmer?  And when Rick and Monica moved to 5 PM, Scott and Anita filled in for them until they got Matt and Sarah, then Tamala

I don't know. I was a kid back then. Cartoons mattered to me at those tines.

• 1 month later...

One thing I noticed during a timelapse of their studio construction is that they have a jib in the air? I’m curious are there any tracking or sweeping movement shots used in their newscast? The only thing I ever really see is a shot of the monitor in the up in the grid. 

You can see it here around 4:35.

Edited by rkolsen

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

One thing I noticed during a timelapse of their studio construction is that they have a jib in the air? I’m curious are there any tracking or sweeping movement shots used in their newscast? The only thing I ever really see is a shot of the monitor in the up in the grid. 

You can see it here around 4:35.

They use it for bump outs to commercial and for some tosses to the weather/stand up areas.

• 1 month later...

So Christie Ileto has subbed for Sarah Bloomquist on various Fridays over the past two months. Sarah, co-anchor of the weekday noon newscast (as well as Sunday evening co-anchor), has had off on Fridays noon broadcast since 2014,  and outside of recent subs, Rick has usually anchored solo. Christie subbed this week on Thursday for Sarah, and low and behold, Sarah is in for the first time on a Friday in over 5 years. They even made an indirect reference to it in the preview right after The View as they kept emphasizing the word Friday in the preview. 

Update: Now we know why. Both Sharie & Monica are off today, and Alicia is also off (feel like I haven’t seen her in a while), so Sarah is filling in at 4pm & 5pm.

Edited by TVNewsLover
Update

Where is Alicia Vitarelli? Is she on some sort of leave? I have not seen her in weeks.  It was nice to see Sarah filling her role on the 4pm show today (the two main anchors usually fill the role when Alicia is off). Both Sarah and Alicia were included in the closing.

2 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

Where is Alicia Vitarelli? Is she on some sort of leave? I have not seen her in weeks.  It was nice to see Sarah filling her role on the 4pm show today (the two main anchors usually fill the role when Alicia is off). Both Sarah and Alicia were included in the closing.

She posted on Instagram back in February that she was dealing from the after effects of a concussion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHnffEFUfV/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, TVNewsLover said:

Alicia returned from her medical leave to the 4PM news today.

Edited by SF1964

7 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Well we now know where Jessica Boyington went, back to City Line Av: 

I'm actually shocked as 6 hardly ever poaches talent from other stations in the market but here we are. 

I wonder if she’ll be doing traffic or something else. If traffic, I wonder if Karen is headed to WABC?

18 minutes ago, TVNewsLover said:

I wonder if she’ll be doing traffic or something else. If traffic, I wonder if Karen is headed to WABC?

My thoughts exactly, especially after she filled in in New York. It would certainly make sense.

I guess it's possible but given what Jessica teased about her debut story being a report on what's happening this weekend leads me to believe she's likely going to be a feature reporter and perhaps a staple on FYI Philly. 

21 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Well we now know where Jessica Boyington went, back to City Line Av: 

I'm actually shocked as 6 hardly ever poaches talent from other stations in the market but here we are. 

And that, in this case is other stations, plural - must have a fantastic agent...