The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

Any word if they plan on doing midnight updates during the Olympics?

The ABC O&O's got away with the late update in 2012 because Nightline was ending at 12/11, at that point. Now that Kimmel is in the post-news slot, they won't do it anymore. They didn't do it in '14 or '16, either...though I still have "ABC 7 News at 11pm" set to record on my DVR. :D

• Like 2

The ABC O&O's got away with the late update in 2012 because Nightline was ending at 12/11, at that point. Now that Kimmel is in the post-news slot, they won't do it anymore. They didn't do it in '14 or '16, either...though I still have "ABC 7 News at 11pm" set to record on my DVR. :D

Thought they did it for Rio.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Rick aired snow updates at the top of the 11am hour alone. Sarah and Rick co-anchored at noon. At 1pm they are continuing with snow coverage, but with Rick and Alicia. I suspect Sarah’s going out on the road to report, but why even bring her in if that’s the case to anchor noon. Why not have Alicia anchor instead. I think Sarah is a great, if not the best reporter they have. However, she is underutilized as an anchor. She should be filling in regularly at 4pm and 5pm.

Rick aired snow updates at the top of the 11am hour alone. Sarah and Rick co-anchored at noon. At 1pm they are continuing with snow coverage, but with Rick and Alicia. I suspect Sarah’s going out on the road to report, but why even bring her in if that’s the case to anchor noon. Why not have Alicia anchor instead. I think Sarah is a great, if not the best reporter they have. However, she is underutilized as an anchor. She should be filling in regularly at 4pm and 5pm.

I agree with you on Sarah's reporting talent. But she is "cold" to watch as an anchor. I can't imagine her socializing on the 4pm show.

I agree with you on Sarah's reporting talent. But she is "cold" to watch as an anchor. I can't imagine her socializing on the 4pm show.

Really? I'm surprised you think so. Her and Rick often joke on the noon show, and I'd say their chemistry is on par with Rick and Monica's, if not better. She is more serious on Sunday nights when she's co-anchoring with Walter.

Speaking of Walter, I wonder if the long term plan is for him to anchor 5pm & 10pm solo on Saturdays (in addition to 6pm & 11pm). I feel like he needs a co-anchor especially for the hour long newscasts. They should either move Sarah to weekend evenings full time and have Monica or Alicia take her spot on the noon show. Or they could have Alicia work Tuesday-Saturday, handling the Friday noon show along with Saturday evenings (Nydia or Sarah could handle her Monday 4pm features anchor role).

• Like 3

I've always thought Sarah was really underutilized as an anchor, but she's also a great reporter. I think maybe they realize both. I remember being upset when they brought in Tamala Edwards from nowhere to anchor the morning show with Matt O'Donnell. Sarah and Matt were a great pair! Still miss that actually.

I need to watch 6 more often again. I've gotten into a pattern of watching 69 (being from the Lehigh Valley) but it gets stale when they continue to report the same things over and over again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm, odd. Her Twitter is still active, but no posts since January 23. No stories about this anywhere, but her bio is definitely gone. Wonder what happened.

Maybe medically related. I know she battled cancer in the past. Hopefully all is okay.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know why Wendy Saltzman’s biography has been removed from 6’s website, and some social accounts shut down? Assuming this means she’s left the station. Is she staying in the market?

[MEDIA=twitter]984840948902490112[/MEDIA]

• 2 weeks later...

That would have been awesome although I think the muted reds and oranges probably would have clashed with the mostly gold and teal set. I'd be interested in seeing what the insert elements would have looked like but I doubt they ever got that far.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...