The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

From their Twitter page. Almost a flat look. Signs of what's to come??

-- Matt

That's been in use on their Facebook page for months, until a few days ago when the image below became their primary profile pic. That said, no matter how flat any of the ABC stations have gone is news graphics or promos, none have abandoned the 2013 ABC disc and a more detailed numeral. I think the blue, white and black '6abc' is their version of the single-color silhouette 'abc7's that have made their way to social media and the apps. Though THIS has popped up in a few places, as well.

13133155_10153662800351378_6105352639401887091_n.jpg?oh=b6a12bbf0e33f3d19a434c74802f4715&oe=579AB531

• Like 3

I did notice the new traffic graphics, they look good. The current U3's for the weather and the new way the weather looks IMO are great. But the L3's are so old and I am so tired of them. Lately I've been watching WFMZ from 5-6:30 (since I live in the Lehigh Valley) but would go back to 6 if they would update the graphics!

[MEDIA=twitter]729870160778104833[/MEDIA]

I Guess for now this makes him the Jack Benny of Philadelphia TV News.

But seriously, this man is Philadelphia TV News personified.

Always has been. Always is. Always will be.

These 39 (& more for sure) years prove it.

• Like 1

A fairly unique arrangement...

Weekends at 6/11 used to be the same until Rob Jennings retired. Now Sunday's are co-anchored. I imagine when Jim retires he will be replaced by two co-anchors on both those newscasts (likely Rick&Monica at 11 and Brian&Sharie at 6).

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Adam Joseph!

Adam and his partner Karl welcomed their daughter, Hannah Marie, into this world just after midnight Wednesday.

Hannah weighed in at 8 pounds, 9 ounces, and is 20 inches long.

Adam explains that Hannah is his grandmother's name, and Marie is both his mom and Karl's moms' middle names.

He adds that big brother, Jacob, is warming up to his new little sister.

- from 6abc Action News website

Idk if its been posted on here yet or not, but Dann Cuellar just put on his Facebook page that Lisa Thomas-Laury is retiring on Wednesday.

Wow! Good for her, though. Was just thinking that I haven't seen her much recently, I think her health issues made it difficult for her the last few years.

• Like 1

Lisa Thomas-Laury was one of the main reasons I always turned in to Action News when I was a kid. Her powerful and informative, yet warm caring and inviting tone of voice and class-act professionalism made her one of the best anchors and reporters, not only at the station but also in the market.

I'm just as elated to see her retire.

She's had one of the most astonishing and memorable careers in local TV news I've ever seen, and to see her end it on her terms is just wonderful.

I wish her all the best in retirement.

Lisa Thomas-Laury was one of the main reasons I always turned in to Action News when I was a kid. Her powerful and informative, yet warm caring and inviting tone of voice and class-axt professionalism made her one of the best anchors and reporters, not only at the station but also in the market.

I'm just as elated to see her retire.

She's had one of the most astonishing and memorable careers in local TV news I've ever seen, and to see her end it on her terms is just wonderful.

I wish her all the best in retirement.

It'd be nice to see Dave Roberts, Marc Howard, Scott Palmer, or Rob Jennings make an appearance on her farewell show. Lisa, Marc, Scott, and Dave were a team for 20 years, from 1983-2002. Rob was often the main sub for Marc and Lisa during that span.

Did Marc and Lisa leave the 5 o'clock news at the same time?

Yes and no. Marc last anchored in September 2002 but was on paid leave until December 2002. Lisa went on medical leave shortly after Marc left the newscast. She made a short comeback at 5pm but officially left Action News the first time around at the end of 2003. Lisa did return around 2006 but in the capacity of a features reporter. Around the same time as Marc and Lisa's disappearance Dave Roberts gave up the 5:30pm half hour (as well as the 11pm). Scott Palmer's head must have been spinning. Scott left himself a few years later.

• Like 1

Yes and no. Marc last anchored in September 2002 but was on paid leave until December 2002. Lisa went on medical leave shortly after Marc left the newscast. She made a short comeback at 5pm but officially left Action News the first time around at the end of 2003. Lisa did return around 2006 but in the capacity of a features reporter. Around the same time as Marc and Lisa's disappearance Dave Roberts gave up the 5:30pm half hour (as well as the 11pm). Scott Palmer's head must have been spinning. Scott left himself a few years later.

And during that time when Lisa and Marc both left (Marc, btw, went over to channel 3 as the 11 pm anchor and eventually retired soon after), Monica and Rick pulled double shifts for a LONG time. 5am and 5pm. They eventually let up with them at 5 am, but during sweeps they did both shows. It took a long time before Rick & Monica were named official 5 pm anchors. Scott Palmer and Anita Brikman took over the mornings for a while, but I forget why but they stopped (I think one or both of them left around the same time). Eventually Matt O'Donnell took over and anchored with Sarah Bloomquist for a bit, before Tamala Edwards came along. I personally like Matt and Sarah a lot together in the morning.

And during that time when Lisa and Marc both left (Marc, btw, went over to channel 3 as the 11 pm anchor and eventually retired soon after), Monica and Rick pulled double shifts for a LONG time. 5am and 5pm. They eventually let up with them at 5 am, but during sweeps they did both shows. It took a long time before Rick & Monica were named official 5 pm anchors. Scott Palmer and Anita Brikman took over the mornings for a while, but I forget why but they stopped (I think one or both of them left around the same time). Eventually Matt O'Donnell took over and anchored with Sarah Bloomquist for a bit, before Tamala Edwards came along. I personally like Matt and Sarah a lot together in the morning.

Neither of Anita or Scott left around that time. I believe they rotated the noon between the two for a while. Walter was also in the morning show mix along with Michelle McCormack.

Ironically, Rob was favored to get the 5pm when Marc left, but when Lisa got sick those plans went out the window.

It'd be nice to see Dave Roberts, Marc Howard, Scott Palmer, or Rob Jennings make an appearance on her farewell show.
No appearance on tv, but they all appear to be at the retirement party. Cecily tweeted this pic

CjVxnkDUkAAxN_m.jpg

• Like 6

• 5 weeks later...