The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

• 4 weeks later...

Eva Pilgrim is moving over to the network: http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/abc-news-adds-eva-pilgrim-as-correspondent/279983

Looking at my previous post, I wonder if Gray Hall is her replacement on the weekend mornings alongside Nydia Han.

WPVI has a history of hiring replacements before someone retires or moves on.

More young 'PVI talent moving on to bigger platforms within the ABC News family...First Shirleen, then Kenneth, now Eva.

WPVI is indeed a powerhouse station.

WABC & WPVI are the best news stations in the country.

More so since they have the best content sharing in the country

More young 'PVI talent moving on to bigger platforms within the ABC News family...First Shirleen, then Kenneth, now Eva.

Agreed. While they are going to one great organization, they certainly left another.

Although I will miss them at WPVI, they are very talented anchors and reporters and they do deserve huge promotions within the ABC company.

Good luck and congrats to Eva on her move to the Alphabet.

Can I say that as much as I love Rick & Monica as a team, I really enjoy Rick & Sarah as a team equally as much. Which brings me to ask, why isn't she used as a fill-in for Monica and Sharrie when one of those women is off? Monica and Sharrie are typically each other's fill-ins, but it'd be nice to throw Sarah into that mix.

Can I say that as much as I love Rick & Monica as a team, I really enjoy Rick & Sarah as a team equally as much. Which brings me to ask, why isn't she used as a fill-in for Monica and Sharrie when one of those women is off? Monica and Sharrie are typically each other's fill-ins, but it'd be nice to throw Sarah into that mix.

I agree, they are a great team together, and I wish she would fill in it 5 pm! But Sarah is an excellent reporter, too, so maybe they'd rather have her put to use there.

• Like 1

I agree, they are a great team together, and I wish she would fill in it 5 pm! But Sarah is an excellent reporter, too, so maybe they'd rather have her put to use there.

As much as I agree about Sarah's professionalism on air and the high quality of her reporting, she has that "bitchy resting face" syndrome made infamous on BravoTV's Below Deck. She can just seem angry when she is listening to her co-anchor talk. An old-school "face-for-radio". Just a superficial opinion - I repeat my respect for her talent and she actually does shine when she doesn't appear to drift away.

• Like 1

As are ABC O&Os in general and Hearst's stations (including its ABC affiliates).

• 2 weeks later...

Eva Pilgrim did her first ABC News report during GMA this morning. It was actually from Philadelphia, where she was reporting on the police officer that was shot.

Dan Harris, the GMA weekend host, welcomed her and mentioned she came from the Philadelphia "powerhouse" station.

Video link, if anyone's interested.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-accused-shooting-philly-cop-confessed-committing-act/story?id=36169588

Someone on Twitter asked why they're referred to as powerhouse and she responded with this...[MEDIA=twitter]685876609405050880[/MEDIA]

Nice that her first story got to be from Philly ... I wonder if she is still living in the area?

I never realized until this report what a good reporter she is. She wasn't my favorite as an anchor, but this report was really well done. Glad ABC snatched her up!

Nice that her first story got to be from Philly ... I wonder if she is still living in the area?

I never realized until this report what a good reporter she is. She wasn't my favorite as an anchor, but this report was really well done. Glad ABC snatched her up!

Her Twitter bio says she's in NYC now.

• Like 1