The Channel 6 Action News Thread

Jess

You must not know the current schedule. 6's Noon news now runs for an hour. Millionaire's been running at 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Millionaire is the odd man out in. From what I've gathered, the second Jeopardy airing has done well for them and Millionaire has been irrelevant for awhile now.

I do know the schedule and I know the noon news runs an hour. And I also know that Millionaire currently airs at 2pm with Daytime Jeopardy at 2:30pm. Not sure how you deduced that I didn't. With "The Fab Life" going at 2pm, obviously the Millionaire/DTJeopardy combo is getting booted from that hour. Isn't possible for them to go back to the way it was and slash the news back to a half hour with Millionaire back at 12:30pm? And isn't it possible that they will drop the Jeopardy rerun? I believe the answers are yes it's possible.

Is it possible that you not be so cocky in your responses? I've noticed this in the past from you.

• Haha 1

I do know the schedule and I know the noon news runs an hour. And I also know that Millionaire currently airs at 2pm with Daytime Jeopardy at 2:30pm. Not sure how you deduced that I didn't. With "The Fab Life" going at 2pm, obviously the Millionaire/DTJeopardy combo is getting booted from that hour. Isn't possible for them to go back to the way it was and slash the news back to a half hour with Millionaire back at 12:30pm? And isn't it possible that they will drop the Jeopardy rerun? I believe the answers are yes it's possible.

Is it possible that you not be so cocky in your responses? I've noticed this in the past from you.

Easy. I misread your post and I wasn't attacking you to begin with. It's not that serious.

Can everyone stop being so sensitive? It's a TV schedule. Isn't there better things to get upset about?

This.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not just about 6 ABC, but there's a new book out that has lots of info and pictures on all of Philadelphia TV and its history. It's called "Philadelphia Television, Images of America". Local Barnes & Noble has it, as does Amazon online. Not sure I'm allowed to post a link, but this shows some of the pictures. It's a small preview of the whole book. You have to scroll down.

https://books.google.com/books?id=hqX0CQAAQBAJ&pg=PA6&lpg=PA6&dq=Philadelphia+Television+%28Images+of+America%29&source=bl&ots=d1KLQd781w&sig=l6khYoMQQYMCL_siC26Jwm1-FpI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFIQ6AEwDGoVChMIseiX4IesxwIVAvaACh15xAfD#v=onepage&q=Philadelphia%20Television%20%28Images%20of%20America%29&f=false

This is not just about 6 ABC, but there's a new book out that has lots of info and pictures on all of Philadelphia TV and its history. It's called "Philadelphia Television, Images of America". Local Barnes & Noble has it, as does Amazon online. Not sure I'm allowed to post a link, but this shows some of the pictures. It's a small preview of the whole book. You have to scroll down.

https://books.google.com/books?id=hqX0CQAAQBAJ&pg=PA6&lpg=PA6&dq=Philadelphia+Television+%28Images+of+America%29&source=bl&ots=d1KLQd781w&sig=l6khYoMQQYMCL_siC26Jwm1-FpI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFIQ6AEwDGoVChMIseiX4IesxwIVAvaACh15xAfD#v=onepage&q=Philadelphia%20Television%20%28Images%20of%20America%29&f=false

I hate reading books, but this makes me wanna get a copy of the book, even though I don't live in Philadelphia.

NewscastStudio did an article spotlighting Action News' trademark and iconic theme "Move Closer to Your World".

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2015/08/17/why-philly-station-still-uses-iconic-theme-music/?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=FBPost

It's a good brief article featuring its history and mentions this:

"Listening to the music today, it’s definitely lacks the crisp audio quality we’re used to hearing today and the lyrics may border on corny to some, but the song definitely has a place in the hearts of the station’s viewers. "

I agree with all it says here, although I never found the lyrics even near corny in my life to begin with.

The theme could use an update. Even in 1996, I couldn't understand why the station didn't use the local in-town orchestra! With a Philly sound and better orchestrations, people would be more open to change. The '96 version sounded awful.

I think it's obviously because many viewers complained about it, saying it wasn't the version "they grew up with" or "they knew and loved". I don't this version was even bad, but I could agree with them to that point.

I was surprised when I read how long it took until it was removed. The article said it was taken down after three days. I thought it was five days from years of reading the station's article on Wikipedia. But it said that too, to my shock and frustration. I guess that's the real truth now.

There is another article about MCTYW, this time by BillyPenn.com.

http://billypenn.com/2015/08/12/phillys-action-news-theme-song-has-survived-10-presidential-elections-and-20-olympic-games-and-isnt-going-anywhere/

It's pretty much nearly the same as the NSC article, but features a lot more to read,

and also features this great and interesting piece of trivia:

The vocals of the theme were by The Hillside Singers, best known as the people who song the song featured in Coca-Cola's most iconic "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" commercial. That just blew my mind--and it makes this theme sound even more iconic.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw a promo for "The Fab Life" premiering this fall at 2pm on WPVI. Daytime Jeopardy will probably fall off the schedule as it is a rerun anyway, but will Millionaire return to 12:30pm? I wonder where other stations are putting "The Fab Life"...

The TV listings starting Sept 14 show "The Fab Life" on at 2PM, replacing Millionaire and Jeopardy. No changes to the 6ABC hour long 12PM news or any other shows. I know everyone's been waiting since July for this news. :rolleyes: