Robin Robinson to be demoted, replaced by Sylvia Perez?

24994J

OOOOOOOOOOOO!! And how long she's been at this station?!!! I don't know why they didn't give it to her. She'll never be like Robin, but she would've at least would've done a way better job than the Dryness Dawn.

Darlene has been there almost 20 yrs. and would command a lot more money than Dawn. Plus, I don't think she wants to be saddled to the 'anchor chair'. She has spent most of her career @ WFLD reporting and I believe she likes it that way.

Darlene has been there almost 20 yrs. and would command a lot more money than Dawn. Plus, I don't think she wants to be saddled to the 'anchor chair'. She has spent most of her career @ WFLD reporting and I believe she likes it that way.

Damn Shame. Well, it won't matter how the ratings is going to be after the November Books because Dawn with her dryness ass, isn't going to move that needle up. 32 will stay clueless, as long as they continue with these routine musical chairs. All Channel 9 is doing is riding that wave at 9pm, like they've always have been.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where Sylvia Perez or Anna Davlantes are going?

Not a clue. Sylvia had hinted at something on Twitter back in October, but when the presumed Fox job fell through, that likely derailed things. Anna, on the other hand, I couldn't even begin to predict what might be next. She had always seemed like the anchor that would've gotten the opportunity (and taken it) to go to the network level.

As good as both are, they each possess heavy flaws when job-hunting comes. Sylvia is, by modern TV news standards, old. However, she has massive success on her side. Anna, on the other hand, has the talent, the looks (Sylvia does, too, but that wasn't a part of my point), and the age. Her downfall is lack of success. She's been at two stations, and has failed to move the needle in a positive direction. She's also been passed over (more than) a few times for a more prominent role.

As for current vacancies, I'm not sure. For once, there are very few. Neither will be offered the Vatis seat on NBC 5, and I doubt either would take it. There is the morning job on CBS 2, but it's becoming clear that management is in no rush to fill the spot. Both have been on the market for awhile, yet have not been picked up. I still do think that Sylvia would be a good fit at WBBM, and would work nicely as 11 AM anchor with Roseanne when Harry retires and maybe at 5 or 6 should management want to make some changes in the evenings. Anna might work in a similar capacity, but...meh.

Archived