Robin Robinson to be demoted, replaced by Sylvia Perez?

24994J

Well, that seems to reference the Feder article, and he's saying she's staying (for now), so that's what I'm leaning toward at the moment.

Forget Sylvia. Bring back Diann Burns!!

What could go wrong? :lol:

Wait...please tell me you're kidding.

Well, that seems to reference the Feder article, and he's saying she's staying (for now), so that's what I'm leaning toward at the moment.

What could go wrong? :lol:

Wait...please tell me you're kidding.

Haha totally kidding lol. But seriously Sylvia is a good pickup for WFLD, but I hope they plan to do much more than that to improve the station. They've been so bad for so long now. Not to change topics but for those in Chicago how is CBS 2 faring lately? Last I read their rating resurgence was tapering off.

Haha totally kidding lol. But seriously Sylvia is a good pickup for WFLD, but I hope they plan to do much more than that to improve the station. They've been so bad for so long now. Not to change topics but for those in Chicago how is CBS 2 faring lately? Last I read their rating resurgence was tapering off.

I disagree, WBBM isn't really a strong station talent/content-wise when compared to WMAQ & WLS which could be the reason why they have not been about to fully retain new/returning viewers. For WFLD, as much as people want to cry about them hiring out-of-towners, they really don't have much of a choice. We'll see how it pans out. Robinson had a good run, so it was time. She's lucky to still have a job (at least until they part ways with her).

Well things have gotten pretty interesting now. Anna Davlantes is leaving WFLD altogether.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/anna-davlantes-leaving-chicago-fox-station_b107708

I wonder if this means Perez is actually heading to GDC, which would actually be a good move.

I'm thinking the opposite. Anna's jumping ship after getting passed over for the 9 o'clock news, whether it's in favor of Sylvia or Bomke or whoever.

If the rumors of John Kelley coming to GDC are true, I'm dying to know where McPherrin ends up in all of this. He's too good to lose, but WFLD would be stupid enough to lose him.

Might it be John Kelly and Dawn Hasbrouck from 4:30am-7am and Corey McPherrin and Natalie Bomke from 7am-10am? I wonder with all the change if a 5pm newscast might be on the way. Wonder where Anna is going (has WBBM named a permanent morning anchor yet?)?

Might it be John Kelly and Dawn Hasbrouck from 4:30am-7am and Corey McPherrin and Natalie Bomke from 7am-10am? I wonder with all the change if a 5pm newscast might be on the way. Wonder where Anna is going (has WBBM named a permanent morning anchor yet?)?

I'm thinking Dawn is on her way out too. She isn't that great and I'm hoping Corey goes back to Sports because Lou is horrible @ 9P. Anna should have just stay at WMAQ and been a little patience. Had she done that, she could have found herself along side Rob Johnson @ WBBM by now. Oh well.. Sure she will likely go to WBBM, but it wouldn't be to her advantage fronting yet another weak morning newscast.

From Feder's Facebook page....

Robert Feder

It's official: Fox 32 announces Robin Robinson off as 9 p.m. anchor; Dawn Hasbrouck moves up from mornings to replace her; Jon Kelley and Melody Mendez hired to anchor "Good Day Chicago." (No deal with Sylvia Perez.)

P.S. Corey McPherrin left twisting in the wind.

From Feder's Facebook page....

Robert Feder

It's official: Fox 32 announces Robin Robinson off as 9 p.m. anchor; Dawn Hasbrouck moves up from mornings to replace her; Jon Kelley and Melody Mendez hired to anchor "Good Day Chicago." (No deal with Sylvia Perez.)

P.S. Corey McPherrin left twisting in the wind.

Horrible decision. Hasbrouck hasn't done much over the years to warrant a promotion. Sounds like they couldn't land anyone else so they just went with her.

Just in my opinion, robin robinson was a great journalist who was "stuck" at the bottom by being at WFLD. To be honest, I was a fan and avid watcher of the news at 9 when it was robinson/jacobson and robinson/sulpessa but after mark left, I stopped watching. Jeff and Bob never wanted me to go back. Now I mainly watch NBC 5 because I really like the Rosatti Stafford duo.

• 2 weeks later...

Dawn Hasbrouck is the like, to me, she's the worst anchor in any news organization, period. I dunno why she's even in the business. There's one word to describe her is DRY!!! She's very dry. Why don't she just host that WPWR public affairs show, "Perspective". That would be the only thing I would see her do that would be an improvement.

Stripping Robin's anchoring duties, only eliminates what's left of their viewership at 9 o'clock. You just given what's left to good ol' Channel 9. Hell. The Simpsons hour is on on their sister channel WPWR. I wouldn't be shocked they beat Fox 32's 9pm newscast.

Channel 32 will continue to do these musical chairs, revolving door and reshuffling maneuvers. And if these new folks tanks, they will do it all over again in February or May, and we'll do it all over again, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, repeating the sequence. Robin should be wise, since these new heads are doing this to her, that she should finally find something new. It hurts that they would treat her that way after 26 years at the same station. Absolutely no loyalty.

I know she won't be leaving the station, but if she does, this is my favorite moment from her. And I just discovered this a couple of weeks ago.

Video Courtesy of WhatGrindzMyFearz from YT.

She told it like it was. She told the truth. I wished she'd never apologized. But I know deeped down, she didn't really mean to do that.

So since today the 1st anniversary of the return of the Fox 32 branding, I will say this. And I said this before.

Status Quo, Status Quo, Status Quo.

To be honest I don't see what's so bad about asking Robin to step down and make way for someone else after 26 years, especially when the last 5-7 years have been a struggle for the station. I totally agree that Dawn is an odd choice, bottom line a group of idiots is running Fox Chicago!

I never had a problem with Robin anchoring. It's just she's basically been throw all these changes of management these last few years where ratings haven't changes. Hell they've been in the basement for the last few years. And now, these new folks want to gradually phase out a women, who's been the face of Fox 32 since their news department began in '87? They some crazy mofos for doing that. Since they are doing that, and have her on a limited role, I wouldn't mind at this point if she leaves the station after that. Lack of loyalty by the new management, and it's most likely, I wouldn't be shocked, if the higher ups had anything to do with this either, I wouldn't be shocked.

Having Dawn as a replacement is basically another suicide move for Fox 32. Well, they're already down very deep, why go any deeper? And I don't think any of these out of towners would fix the ratings woes at Fox 32 either. It's really sad that Corey McPherrin is going to play within these musical chairs. It made me think Corey should've stayed doing Sports.

Patrick Elwood is leaving. He announced it last week.

In this rate, I'm happy he's leaving. I'm happy, not because he spent some years at 32, but happy that he doesn't have to deal with any further BS. He'll find another station in-market or out of the market, that would be far better than the hellholes of WFLD.

I think the new folks are doing nothing but building new problems. But that's your typical Fox 32.

WFLD is synonymous with failure in Chicago, but I'm curious to see how Dawn does on her first night. She's decent in the mornings, but, to me, she seems too soft to be on a nightly newscast. I think it's a shame they're are demoting one of the few positives this station has. Honestly, I was surprised of the demotion, but even more so when a woman like Darlene Hill wasn't given the job. It seems like the guys behind the scenes at FOX absolutely LOVE her.

WFLD is synonymous with failure in Chicago, but I'm curious to see how Dawn does on her first night. She's decent in the mornings, but, to me, she seems too soft to be on a nightly newscast. I think it's a shame they're are demoting one of the few positives this station has. Honestly, I was surprised of the demotion, but even more so when a woman like Darlene Hill wasn't given the job. It seems like the guys behind the scenes at FOX absolutely LOVE her.

OOOOOOOOOOOO!! And how long she's been at this station?!!! I don't know why they didn't give it to her. She'll never be like Robin, but she would've at least would've done a way better job than the Dryness Dawn.

Archived