Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
24994J

Random WMAQ Thread

26 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

Tonight's game was flexed to Sunday Night Football about 4 weeks ago. With such comparatively short notice, WMAQ did not have their weeknight crew tonight. However, with Michelle Relerford still on maternity leave, they did have Marion Brooks co-anchor tonight so that they wouldn't have a solo newscast like they've been doing on weekends for the past three months.

To be honest four or even one weeks notice is enough time to get the weeknight team in, provided they aren’t on vacation.  If a station can get them in unscheduled on say a Saturday if there’s major breaking news I don’t see how four weeks makes it harder. 

7 hours ago, rkolsen said:

To be honest four or even one weeks notice is enough time to get the weeknight team in, provided they aren’t on vacation.  If a station can get them in unscheduled on say a Saturday if there’s major breaking news I don’t see how four weeks makes it harder. 

I guess it's just to be considerate to the weeknight team? I'm sure they would bring them in for major breaking news, but in the case of SNF, they must like to have several months' notice to bring them in.