Random WMAQ Thread

24994J

Wideshot for reference...

So what do we think will happen with the rest of the set? Are they going to strip out all of the wood and make everything match this area?

I am assuming that will be the case (remove the wood, etc...) to make everything match, but they have had sets in the past that didn't have a cohesive overall look, so who knows??

It's a little hard to tell. Are the blue panels see-through to the newsroom? If so, I kinda like that. I wonder if that area might become a temporary anchor set if the main desk area gets a makeover.

With the overall set/space being super small, they couldn't shove the desk over there. If the plan is to stay in place while they remodel, the best option would be to go to the opposite side (between the chroma key wall and weather center). That would give the cameras enough room to move around. Or they could throw up some blue panels behind them during each newscast to cover whatever they plan to do to that part of the set. Guess we have to wait and see what, if anything, happens.

I am a little surprise they didn't just go upstairs to the old Steve Harvey studio temporarily and take care of everything at the same time.

• Like 1

I am assuming that will be the case (remove the wood, etc...) to make everything match, but they have had sets in the past that didn't have a cohesive overall look, so who knows??

With the overall set/space being super small, they couldn't shove the desk over there. If the plan is to stay in place while they are remodel, the best option would be to go to the opposite side (between the chroma key wall and weather center). That would give the cameras enough room to move around. Or they could throw up some blue panels behind them during each newscast to cover whatever they plan to do to that part of the set. Guess we have to wait and see what, if anything, happens.

I am a little surprise they didn't just go upstairs to the old Steve Harvey studio temporarily and take care of everything at the same time.

Well, they did or still do anchor the 4am newscast solo from the Weather Center. Maybe they could use it as a temporary two-seat anchor desk while the main desk area gets remodeled.

• Like 2

highly doubt they are remodeling the set during sweeps... whatever you see now are probably all the changes that are going to be made...

if it aint changed by the minute the opening ceremonies end on friday it aint getting changed...

Wasn’t insinuating it. Just asking a question.

• Like 3

highly doubt they are remodeling the set during sweeps... whatever you see now are probably all the changes that are going to be made...

if it aint changed by the minute the opening ceremonies end on friday it aint getting changed...

WFLD thought it was a great idea to go into a temp set at the start of February sweeps last year so that their new set could be ready for May sweeps.

But I agree, probably not during an Olympic year. That's not to say that studio work might resume after February sweeps are over.

In theory, they could do whatever/whenever they want. It’s not like the Winter Games are here in Chicago. Just because it’s sweeps means nothing. They are due for a remodel and could easily do what they have to do over the next several weeks without interruptions to their newscasts. Again, no one said a remodel is officially happening only that it APPEARS something more significant is taking place.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has WMAQ gotten their own Storm Ranger? This post makes it seems like they did.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1332537636848467

Have you seen the upgrade to the current "Look N" graphics entitled "Look N v.2"? it is made their debut in some news promos last month.

Is this what your talking about? Kind of like a reverse Diagrid 1.0 and 2.0.

[MEDIA=vimeo]271548736[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

Former KSHB staffer Lexi Sutter joins the NBC 5 family begining today. It is third former staffer of Kansas City NBC affiliate that joined the station following Kalee Dionne in October 2016 and Patrick Faizo in July last year.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2018/05/25/robservations-fox-32-ties-wgn-late-news-ratings/

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely watch, but caught a few minutes of this morning's newscast on NBC5. Alex Maragos was filling in, and apparently Katie Kim is now Susan Carlson's co-anchor on weekend mornings. Though I don't believe it was ever permanent, Christian Farr sat in that seat, last I knew.

I rarely watch, but caught a few minutes of this morning's newscast on NBC5. Alex Maragos was filling in, and apparently Katie Kim is now Susan Carlson's co-anchor on weekend mornings. Though I don't believe it was ever permanent, Christian Farr sat in that seat, last I knew.

Could it be Katie was just filling in for Christian? If I'm not mistaken, when others have filled in for him, they would say, i.e....'I'm Katie Kim sitting in for Christian Farr." But who knows with WMAQ. They tend to do random things and never make anything official (even if it's temporary).

Could it be Katie was just filling in for Christian? If I'm not mistaken, when others have filled in for him, they would say, i.e....'I'm Katie Kim sitting in for Christian Farr." But who knows with WMAQ. They tend to do random things and never make anything official (even if it's temporary).

I did some poking around on social media, just to see of there was any announcement of a promotion, and it appears that Katie has been on the weekend show since like April, if anchor team selfies are any indication. All I know is that Alex said he was filling in for Katie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to Daily Herald's Robert Feder, longtime reporter Emily Florez is leaving the station after she is coming back from her maternity leave back in February while the station is covering the Super Bowl and the Winter Olympics; but she is resigned after six years and she is coming back to her hometown of Salt Lake City when she is previously working for a CBS affiliated station.

https://www.robertfeder.com/2018/08/13/robservations-tronc-reported-close-sale/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...