Random WMAQ Thread

24994J

During the Morning Newscast yesterday, they accidently mistaken by showing the video of the band BTS during their appearance on Ellen last month while they researching on the passing of Kim Jong-hyun, a member of the popular South Korean boy band SHINee.

Eariler today during the morning newscast, the station made a apology for mistaking the video.

It's time for the annual tradition of Zoriada in the evening. Seems to be a yearly thing now where she works the evening shift during the week between Christmas and New Year's while Allison and Marion are on vacation. Pretty sure Zoraida usually gets vacation next week before everything returns to normal the week after next.

Last night during the station's NYE coverage, the countdown in Navy Pier was interrupted for some commercials during the last 30 seconds of the countdown but they came back after the fireworks at the Centennial Wheel was ended. Does the station made an EPIC FAIL during live events?

WOW! i would fire who ever it was that decided to go to commerical

Last night during the station's NYE coverage, the countdown in Navy Pier was interrupted for some commercials during the last 30 seconds of the countdown but they came back after the fireworks at the Centennial Wheel was ended. Does the station made an EPIC FAIL during live events?

Wait, did this happen at the station level, or was this an issue with a certain cable provider?

Good luck firing a computer in Colorado... :rolleyes:

Doesn’t the station typically run newscasts at that time? I thought the breaks are triggered by the station while they were live (either played out locally or via a trigger or command to Colorado).

• Like 2

We're just one month away before the Winter Olympics, WMAQ has use the Olympic version of the current logo as according to the promo posted on the facebook page of the station's meteorologist Brant Miller. The Olympic logo was in placing of its news logo. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1141751812594044

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Man, this picture is a whole buttload of awesome. Ron's pants, Bob's hair, Ron's pants, everyone's shoulder pads, Ron's pants, John and Mark's doublebreasted jackets, and Ron's pants.

[MEDIA=instagram]BeYfnWmBZhL[/MEDIA]

• Like 3

Man, this picture is a whole buttload of awesome. Ron's pants, Bob's hair, Ron's pants, everyone's shoulder pads, Ron's pants, John and Mark's doublebreasted jackets, and Ron's pants.

Sounds like your fixated on Ron’s pants ... or perhaps what’s in his pants. :rolleyes:

This was the team to watch back in the day. No one could hold a candle to them.

• 2 weeks later...
It's been awhile since I watched an NBC5 newscast, so maybe it's been like this for some time, but when did they update the studio lighting and remodel the stand-up area of the set?

The lighting upgrade, I don't know, but I would guess several months back. I personally notice no real difference, but I have poor eyesight, so...yeah.

• Like 2

The lighting upgrade, I don't know, but I would guess several months back. I personally notice no real difference, but I have poor eyesight, so...yeah. They cut the standup area in half, for some unknown reason, and moved the bigger monitor over. I would again say that this happened awhile ago (6-8 months maybe?). I don't watch much tv news as of late.

Was the stand up area in the corner to the viewer right of the desk?

I also thought they had a monitor wall directly next to the weather center but it’s been covered by a chroma key wall.

• Like 1

Was the stand up area in the corner to the viewer right of the desk?

Yes and upon further review (i just watch the 6P), it looks like they may be (again, i say MAY BE) remodeling the entire set (excluding the weather center??) in phases rather than all at once. I have to watch again at 10p and tomorrow at 4A to get a better sense of things and hopefully some more pics too.

February 2012 (Set Debut)

DDD68EA2-95BF-4082-B98C-8EB7D72719E7.thumb.jpeg.a28584ba755a3796210541bef66ce20b.jpeg

EBA28A69-B5D8-46F7-8DBD-7ACC01F769A1.jpeg.6381f3a6c9a8db40f6dd41e38b4e32d9.jpeg

I also thought they had a monitor wall directly next to the weather center but it’s been covered by a chroma key wall.
It goes like this chroma key (green screen) wall > monitor wall > weather center. The monitor wall was added at some point (2013?), but wasn’t there originally I believe in 2012. Here’s a pic. Tough to make out, but the only one I could find.

DA693333-7012-4044-9A85-849ACB25E098.thumb.jpeg.50445bb66f442507b41956225cfc885c.jpeg

It's been awhile since I watched an NBC5 newscast, so maybe it's been like this for some time, but when did they update the studio lighting and remodel the stand-up area of the set?

I have no idea. I would have to guess very recently. Maybe it even debuted yesterday, for all I know. I haven't seen it until then.

The color scheme feels so WBBM, and not in a good way, IMO.

I can live with the color. I just hope this is a temporary setup and they plan to do more to finish off this space. If not, this is a wasted opportunity and a huge step backwards.

• Like 1