Random WMAQ Thread

24994J

Considering this is a station that would change the anchor team photo on a day-to-day basis depending on if Rob or Dick was anchoring at 4, I kinda wonder if this pic promoting the 5pm live stream mains anything. I can't say I've noticed it until now, but that doesn't mean it's new...

Watch-Live-5p.png

What about the the new photo of the 4p team, now added with Patrick to the anchor team photo?

• Like 1

So, I noticed that yesterday and today, Patrick is anchoring at 4 and 6pm despite Dick being on the 5pm. Not sure if Patrick is going to be off this weekend, or if he's going to work a 9-day week.

I'm curious why they're doing this. I'm guessing either Dick has a prior commitment that prevents him from working the 4 and 6pm, or management is trying to get Patrick in the seat on weekdays as much as possible.

• Like 1

So, I noticed that yesterday and today, Patrick is anchoring at 4 and 6pm despite Dick being on the 5pm. Not sure if Patrick is going to be off this weekend, or if he's going to work a 9-day week.

I'm curious why they're doing this. I'm guessing either Dick has a prior commitment that prevents him from working the 4 and 6pm, or management is trying to get Patrick in the seat on weekdays as much as possible.

The later seems the most likely situation.

I don't think it's all week. If I understood it correctly, Patrick's now the 4pm anchor, Dick is back to weekends, and the two of them juggle the 5 and 6 until Rob takes on one or both.

• Like 2

So, after Rob working the 6pm and 10pm news and Patrick working the 4pm and 5pm news all last week, Dick Johnson returned to the weekend role this weekend. (I'm pretty sure Dick was off last week; don't remember seeing him at all) I wonder what role we'll see Dick in Monday-Wednesday this week. Anchor? Back to general assignment reporting?

• Like 4

Granted, he was a little out of practice from the time off (though I wouldn't say rusty), but his delivery and presence sure appear to be back to normal to me. Again, as the treatments continue and/or he regains more strength, he looks a lot better after a month back.

Granted, he was a little out of practice from the time off (though I wouldn't say rusty), but his delivery and presence sure appear to be back to normal to me. Again, as the treatments continue and/or he regains more strength, he looks a lot better after a month back.

Wow, that's right, it's already been 4 weeks. Where has September gone?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just stumbled upon this tweet from Patrick Fazio. Apparently NBC5 was ready to take over WTVJ's Irma coverage back in September. Fazio, Petty, and Sack would've anchored from the Telemundo set.

[MEDIA=twitter]906951766096400386[/MEDIA]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a little more inside baseball via my "connection" to the station aka my cousin's wife who works there.

Siafa Lewis is being dispatched to Minnesota to report from Super Bowl LII.

Katie Kim is going to Pyeongchang to cover the Winter Olympics, but she has to leave weeks in advance before the games start.

NBCU pays for both reporters' accomodations (airfare, hotel, etc).

• Like 6

Here's a little more inside baseball via my "connection" to the station aka my cousin's wife who works there.

Siafa Lewis is being dispatched to Minnesota to report from Super Bowl LII.

Katie Kim is going to Pyeongchang to cover the Winter Olympics, but she has to leave weeks in advance before the games start.

NBCU pays for both reporters' accomodations (airfare, hotel, etc).

KARE apparently already shipped their equipment over at the beginning of December. All that stuff needs to be cleared and examined for RF coordination. I expected it to go out early (probably a month) but not this early. But I guess it takes time to set up the workstations (on folding tables) and setup the networking. I assume with IP transmission going live is easier for each station rather than relying on costly satellite time.