Random WMAQ Thread

24994J

Dick is back on the 4pm news today.

Edit: Allison is off tonight. Once Allison gets back, we'll see if they go back to the previous arrangement or if they mix in Patrick on the 4 or 5pm. (perhaps 3 days a week like Dick previously did).

Keep in mind that it's summer and warm weather can contribute to anchor cross contamination.

Just like a summer picnic.

Remember to always wash your hands before preparing a fresh newscast with different anchors.

Keep your news utensils clean also...many fine news people are poisoned each year because of dirty, fecal contaminated pens, or even dirty mics.

Always use gloves when handling any kinds of sports.

Always sneeze away from crew and interns, we can't afford to have them out sick because they have actual skills we need to produce the show.

Keep breaking news at or below 40 degrees to ensure freshness and safety.

Always use a condom...just because they're fun.

• Like 5

Michelle Releford was doing 4pm news today with Marion Brooks. Allison Rosati joined Marion for the 5pm also. Allison and Michelle are both doing the 6 and 10pm news this evening. great girl power all night long.

Dick actually came in for the late news (NBC had the NFL preseason opener last night, so the news started around 10:40-ish). I'm assuming they gave Dick off at 6pm as a courtesy so that he wouldn't have a prolonged period between newscasts if the NFL game ran super long.

• Like 2

I saw on their Facebook page, or maybe it was on Alex's Facebook page, that Marion confirmed that Patrick Fazio will join her at 4pm. But it won't be right away. Maybe in time for sweeps?

That seems like an awful long time, especially with the new TV season premiering 2 months before that. I'd guess that they want Rob to come back and settle in, so they don't give the impression of a power struggle between Dick and Patrick.

• Like 2

That seems like an awful long time, especially with the new TV season premiering 2 months before that. I'd guess that they want Rob to come back and settle in, so they don't give the impression of a power struggle between Dick and Patrick.

That's true. I do have to say I've quite enjoyed seeing more of Dick Johnson. I've always liked Dick and felt he got the short end of the stick when it came to anchor positions. Yes, he tumbles a little from time to time but his marathon anchoring has made me have quite a lot of respect for him.

• Like 4

I would do:

Patrick: Weekends and Mon-Wed 4pm

Dick: Mon-Fri 5pm and Thurs-Fri 4pm

Rob: Mon-Fri 6pm and 10pm

Even before Rob comes back, I'd try to work Patrick into the 4pm news three days a week. I don't really see a power struggle, especially if you were to cement Dick into a permanent role at 5pm and two days a week at 4pm.

• Like 3

WMAQ switched to their Olympics bug this morning.
Last week the station's bug was switched in time next year's Winter Olympics; NBC meanwhile, the Olympics bug also switched from the network's standard bug recently, it will be the earliest to switch to the Olympics bug rather than the usual begin to use at the start of Fall TV season, the kickoff to the 2017-18 TV season will be in 5 weeks from this week. also, as of today, the station's website was switched to their Olympics logo and the station's Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram account was still using the station's standard logo.... can not wait until the Olympics logo will include to the station's Social media accounts.

As you may know the new anchor changes at channel 5 begining August 28 will be like this:

4A-7A: Alex, Zoraida, Andy and Kye

4A-7A: Alex, Marion and Alicia/Kalee

4P: Patrick, Marion and Brant

5P, 6P and 10P: Rob, Allison, Brant and Siafa

Weekends

Mornings: Susan, Christian, Kalee and Marley

Evenings: Dick, Michelle, Alicia and Jeff/Mike

I think if Rob comes back to the 5, 6 and 10P newscasts, Dick will go back to the weekends just like did before Rob is going on a medical leave back in March?

As you may know the new anchor changes at channel 5 begining August 28 will be like this:

4A-7A: Alex, Zoraida, Andy and Kye

4A-7A: Alex, Marion and Alicia/Kalee

4P: Patrick, Marion and Brant

5P, 6P and 10P: Rob, Allison, Brant and Siafa

Weekends

Mornings: Susan, Christian, Kalee and Marley

Evenings: Dick, Michelle, Alicia and Jeff/Mike

I think if Rob comes back to the 5, 6 and 10P newscasts, Dick will go back to the weekends just like did before Rob is going on a medical leave back in March?

Are you speculating or stating a fact? You imply two different things in your post.

We now have a somewhat clearer picture of how things are going to go when Rob returns Monday...

'Stafford will return to the 10 p.m. news. Dick Johnson and Patrick Fazio will share anchoring duties with Allison Rosati at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. until Stafford is ready to return to those newscasts,' said Frank Whittaker, station manager and vice president of news for NBC Chicago.

Sounds as if his condition and treatment was worse than I (and likely others) have thought. I'm surprised he didn't take the rest of the year off to recover.

Full story :

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-rob-stafford-nbc-blood-disease-update-met-20170824-story.html

Remember when we speculated on how WMAQ would split the male anchors? Today's schedule is:

4PM: Patrick

5PM: Dick

6PM: Patrick

10PM: Rob

Okay... it will be interesting to see how things will go once Rob is better.

Considering this is a station that would change the anchor team photo on a day-to-day basis depending on if Rob or Dick was anchoring at 4, I kinda wonder if this pic promoting the 5pm live stream mains anything. I can't say I've noticed it until now, but that doesn't mean it's new...

Watch-Live-5p.png