Random WMAQ Thread

24994J

...and Dick Johnson finally took a day off. Allison is filling in, alongside Marion Brooks. Marion also worked the 11am show today, which usually means that she's not working the later evening shows, but we'll see.

EDIT: Marion continues at 5pm. I'm thinking she'll also do the 6pm, and Allison will probably do the 10pm solo.

• Like 2

...and Dick Johnson finally took a day off. Allison is filling in, alongside Marion Brooks. Marion also worked the 11am show today, which usually means that she's not working the later evening shows, but we'll see.

EDIT: Marion continues at 5pm. I'm thinking she'll also do the 6pm, and Allison will probably do the 10pm solo.

He's back at work today.

So interesting evening schedule. Marion Brooks and Lauren Petty anchored the 4pm news which made me think Dick Johnson finally got a week off. Allison Rosati joined Marion at 5pm, however, Dick filed a report from the control room at 5pm but joined Allison for the 6pm and 10pm as well. Maybe they're testing things with Lauren Petty or finally giving Dick lesser time at the desk.

So interesting evening schedule. Marion Brooks and Lauren Petty anchored the 4pm news which made me think Dick Johnson finally got a week off. Allison Rosati joined Marion at 5pm, however, Dick filed a report from the control room at 5pm but joined Allison for the 6pm and 10pm as well. Maybe they're testing things with Lauren Petty or finally giving Dick lesser time at the desk.

Well anyway, Allison is doing the 5, 6 and 10 tonight; Ally was with Marion at 5 and Dick at 6 and 10. Is the Italian-american female journalist in Chicago had fill-in with Marion at 4 last week? great question.

I'm going to guess it was an experiment to try to get some different anchor pairings at the desk. (and not have Dick on all four evening newscasts)

• Like 1

I'm going to guess it was an experiment to try to get some different anchor pairings at the desk. (and not have Dick on all four evening newscasts)

Looks like the 'experimenting' has made its way to the weekend. Emily Flores joined Susan this morning. I haven't seen Emily anchor in years.

It's Marion Brooks and Phil Rodgers @ 5P today.

OMG I wish I would have known! For the longest time I've wanted to see him in that chair. I think Phil Rogers has the makings of a great lead anchor and never understood why he wasn't doing so. So how was he? And this is the first time he's ever filled-in, right? Well hopefully this is the first of many so I get to catch him next time.

OMG I wish I would have known! For the longest time I've wanted to see him in that chair. I think Phil Rogers has the makings of a great lead anchor and never understood why he wasn't doing so. So how was he? And this is the first time he's ever filled-in, right? Well hopefully this is the first of many so I get to catch him next time.

He was on at 6, too. Not sure if he did the 10, but you may want to check the 1am rebroadcast, if so.

• Like 2

He hasn't anchored in years (I'm talking at least 15+), so this was a big surprise. His delivery was unique in large part because it's outside of what he normally does, but he was fine. He didn't do the 10P, so I'm guessing just the 4P, 5P and 6P. I wouldn't be surprised if they get Charlie to sub at some point as well.

• Like 1

The line of random fill- in shifts might be over. According to Feder, Patrick Fazio starts today. He'll initially anchor for Dick alongside Michelle Relerford on the weekend, but all bets are off on an official assignment once Rob returns.

The line of random fill- in shifts might be over. According to Feder, Patrick Fazio starts today. He'll initially anchor for Dick alongside Michelle Relerford on the weekend, but all bets are off on an official assignment once Rob returns.

Don't be surprised if they leave the new guy on weekend nights with Michelle. I have a feeling they 'might' do something like this..

Weekdays

4A-7A: Zoraida, Alex, Andy and Kye

11A: Marion, Alex and Alicia | Kalee

4P: Marion, Dick and Brant

5P and 10P: Allison, Rob, Brant and Siafa

6P: Allison, Dick, Brant and Siafa (I'm thinking they may want to lessen Rob's workload initially, but who knows??)

Weekends

Mornings: Susan, Christian, Kalee and Marley

Evenings: Michelle, Patrick, Alicia and Jeff | Mike

• Like 1

if that's the case then Alex won't go home till say 12 pm and he probably reports at 2am?

That's Alex's current shift. The male weekday morning anchor has also anchored the 11am newscast since they launched that newscast in 2014 (I think that's the correct year?).

Don't be surprised if they leave the new guy on weekend nights with Michelle. I have a feeling they 'might' do something like this..

Weekdays

4A-7A: Zoraida, Alex, Andy and Kye

11A: Marion, Alex and Alicia | Kalee

4P: Marion, Dick and Brant

5P and 10P: Allison, Rob, Brant and Siafa

6P: Allison, Dick, Brant and Siafa (I'm thinking they may want to lessen Rob's workload initially, but who knows??)

Weekends

Mornings: Susan, Christian, Kalee and Marley

Evenings: Michelle, Patrick, Alicia and Jeff | Mike

I could see that, and I'm cool with it. Dick deserves any promotion after filling in like he has. That said, I think he's around 67 or 68, so I don't know if they're looking for a long-term option at 4, or if he even plans on staying around long enough.

By the way, is it just Alicia and Kalee in rotation at 11, or does Andy or Pete pop up randomly (and I'm not talking about in vacation scenarios)? If it's just the two, good for them, considering how messed up and random WFLD's noon news is.

I could see that, and I'm cool with it. Dick deserves any promotion after filling in like he has. That said, I think he's around 67 or 68, so I don't know if they're looking for a long-term option at 4, or if he even plans on staying around long enough.

By the way, is it just Alicia and Kalee in rotation at 11, or does Andy or Pete pop up randomly (and I'm not talking about in vacation scenarios)? If it's just the two, good for them, considering how messed up and random WFLD's noon news is.

It's just Alicia and Kalee. Andy filled in for Alicia on Monday since Alicia had to work her days off last week, filling in for Kalee.

DJ has been at WMAQ for 15 yrs., so sticking around for another 5 or so would be ideal (for them). This would give them some time to shore up/beef up both the anchor and reporter ranks. My guess is that people (Rob, Dick, Allison, Carol, etc...) may be looking to retire at some point in the next 5-7 yrs.