Random WMAQ Thread

24994J

Nitrogen is the gas usually used to provide the pressure needed in camera pedestals. You can use compressed air, but nitrogen works better I guess.

I read one of the robotic pedestal manuals where the first option to pressurize the column was nitrogen gas, while the second option was using an air compressor using clean dried air and the third option was a hand pump

I guess nitrogen gas is preferred because it is clean and less likely corrode the interior of the column.

I read one of the robotic pedestal manuals where the first option to pressurize the column was nitrogen gas, while the second option was using an air compressor using clean dried air and the third option was a hand pump

I guess nitrogen gas is preferred because it is clean and less likely corrode the interior of the column.

Not to mention that using helium caused many expensive cameras to float away.

• Like 4

Damn. Could we stop losing Holts to New York? That'd be great.

My money's on newbie reporter and frequent fill-in Alex Maragos to replace him. That said, this does nothing to help that 4:30pm vacancy.

Yep. You first lost Lester, then Stefan. Welcome to the TV network industry, my friend. That's what they'll do to you.

I would think Anthony Ponce has to be in the mix for the AM shift, too.

I think it all depends on what Anthony wants to do. I imagine that M-F, 4A-7A shift can get rough after awhile, so he may want to stay where he is (for now). With the weekday AM shift, 11A and 4:30P spots now open, hopefully WMAQ will stop dragging its feet and fill those positions.

• Like 1

When you want to see reporters maimed by a tornado tune in to NBC 5...

I like their odds of survival in the F-250 versus CBS 2's BMW.

Should be interesting if the others in town follow suit, though. WGN has enough to tout with Skilling, these storm chasers don't seem to be an ABC thing, and I don't know that Fox has the budget.

Storm Warrior 7... Perhaps... It'd be surprising if 7 jumped in with a gimmick like this. I do like the F250 as the vehicle... A BMW doesn't exactly scream rugged outdoorsy mobile...

I'm a little surprised that CBS and NBC (or any other station group, for that matter) don't have exclusive deals with certain automakers for these gimmicks.

I'm a little surprised that CBS and NBC (or any other station group, for that matter) don't have exclusive deals with certain automakers for these gimmicks.

It seems like recent CBS designs/launches were brought by "Your local Chevy Dealer".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL"

No shit.

I didn't notice, did it say when that listing went up? One would think the search would've been on for the month that they've known Stefan was leaving. I think it's a bit of a slap in the face to pass over some deserving internal candidates, but that's their choice, I guess. One of these days they might consider getting someone to permanently co-anchor at 4:30pm, too, instead of the rotation of Johnson and Stafford.

Call me crazy, but I think Antonio Mora would be perfect for the 4:30p anchor spot. I've never been a huge fan, but he just might be the only one out there to create a chemistry with Marion Brooks, as he has a unique ability to pair well with virtually anyone. Anyone better than Diann Burns of course, which of course would be virtually anyone. He'd be good with Allison Rosati too. I bet he's still kicking himself for signing with 2 instead of 5 in 2002 as I'm 99.9% sure Channel 5 was the other station in town said to be after him back then. And with his Al Jazeera America stint coming to a close, the timing couldn't be more perfect. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...