Random WMAQ Thread

24994J

So, I just saw a promo for WMAQ/NBC 5's 10pm news, and Mike Adamle is featured alongside the other anchors. So, it finally seems like he's being acknowledged as the lead sports anchor, a role he's essentially filled for over two years.

I know this didn't deserve it's own thread, but it didn't fit into any others, so I guess we can just have one for random rumblings at the old number 5.

I'm sorry, I like Adamle, I thought he was awesome on American Gladiators, and he seems like a likeable guy.

...but if you're in WWE, particiularly if you're BAD in WWE.... this will accompany every internet mention of him to the grave.

• 1 month later...

I don't know how long this has been going on, but NBC5 is now running a news brief during the Ellen credits at 3:58-ish. Both anchors appear, and the whole thing is done in a equal-sized split screen. I say this because it makes everything look very small, and it's hard to read anything featured in the update. I'm not surprised they're doing this, frankly I thought they'd have done it sooner.

So, I just saw a promo for WMAQ/NBC 5's 10pm news, and Mike Adamle is featured alongside the other anchors. So, it finally seems like he's being acknowledged as the lead sports anchor, a role he's essentially filled for over two years.

I know this didn't deserve it's own thread, but it didn't fit into any others, so I guess we can just have one for random rumblings at the old number 5.

He is also featured in print/billboard ads along side Rob, Alison and Brant. This has been the case for a couple of months I believe. but nothing 'official' has been mentioned on air, the web site, etc... about him being the principal sports anchor. So it's an unofficial acknowledgement at best, but I am not sure why that is however.

• 5 months later...

I have benewscasting that WMAQ has begun to use the updated Look F design in its promos. So far, the actual news graphics have not been updated to what we have seen at KNBC and KXAS.

Look F graphics have also been used as part of the cold open/intro into the newscasts. This and the aforementioned updated promos have been used for the past couple of weeks I believe.

• 5 months later...

Two things:

1) The local weather update on this hour of the Today Show was replaced by a Bruce Rauner ad. Not sure if this was intentional or not, but if it is, that's pretty annoying and even a bit unethical. When Al Roker says "here's what's happening in your neck of the woods," the last thing I'd expect is a political ad. I hope it was just a master control error and not intentional.

2) During yesterday's 11am show, they did a story about how Steve Harvey was on the Tonight Show the previous night. Did the staff who wrote that story do their research at all? If they did, they would have found out that the episode of the Tonight Show was a rerun from a month and a half ago. I don't think a rerun of a late night talk show should ever merit saying "So-and-so was on [show] last night" when it's a rerun from a month and a half ago.

That's lame (on their part, of course). I know the original air date is prominent on my television's guide, and I bet it's on yours, too. Besides, someone at the station must be able to see the production card at the beginning of the taping, right?

• 1 month later...

http://vimeo.com/114139582

Could this be signs of a refresh coming soon? This potential new bug looks similar to the Sports Sunday bug.

Wish it animated better but I like it! The lower third looks similar to the updated promo graphics.

Looks very nice and clean. The L3 is part of Look F v.2, KNBC has been using it for months now.

They have been using some of the V.2 full screens over the last few days.

Either way...'bout time. The opens better get fixed, but I wonder what they do with the theme, as the station is under new management since the 2012 makeover.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/video/#!/weather/video/Warm--Foggy-Weekend/285707061

If this is any indicator then no, there were no new graphics. But, it wouldn't surprise me if 'MAQ half asses this like a lot of the stuff they do and change some elements and not others and use a mis-mash of graphics for a while.