KNBC Drama (Lucy shown the door?)

Daybreak

KNBC is reportedly not renewing Lucy Nolan contract which is up next spring and is already axed from the stations 6 p.m. newscast according to FTVLive. I am getting very irritated at how they keep changing news personalities as of lately. They axed Ana Garcia, Sean Murphy, and Alycia Lane. They demoted Elita Loresca, Kathy Vara, Ted Chen, and Stephanie Elam (who eventually leaves to return to CNN),. Promoted Michael Brownlee and Michelle Valles. Added Whit Johnson, Adrian Arambulo, and Crystal Egger. That's 12 personalities changes within 2 years. KNBC has became a joke to me and not really have a stable team other than Colleen Williams and Chuck Henry. Are the ratings that bad at KNBC that they keep changing the personalities. They seem like they don't give teams enough time to establish their brand. They just wait 6 months and say well you aren't working well together so we are going to find someone else to replace you. Is anyone having the same frustrations as me.

KNBC is reportedly not renewing Lucy Nolan contract which is up next spring and is already axed from the stations 6 p.m. newscast according to FTVLive. I am getting very irritated at how they keep changing news personalities as of lately. They axed Ana Garcia, Sean Murphy, and Alycia Lane. They demoted Elita Loresca, Kathy Vara, Ted Chen, and Stephanie Elam (who eventually leaves to return to CNN),. Promoted Michael Brownlee and Michelle Valles. Added Whit Johnson, Adrian Arambulo, and Crystal Egger. That's 12 personalities changes within 2 years. KNBC has became a joke to me and not really have a stable team other than Colleen Williams and Chuck Henry. Are the ratings that bad at KNBC that they keep changing the personalities. They seem like they don't give teams enough time to establish their brand. They just wait 6 months and say well you aren't working well together so we are going to find someone else to replace you. Is anyone having the same frustrations as me.

You posted this same thing just as I was about to post it from the same source lol and I do agree it's getting aggravating. Granted I live in NYC now, but having lived in LA for several years, I've always watched KNBC for some reason. These changes are getting annoying actually. Funny thing is Today in NY, which is our version of Today in LA here in NYC has had the same stable anchor team for a few years now and showing no signs of changing, we now have a stable noon & 6 PM news team as well. Also according to his bio Adrian Arambulo is co-anchoring the 5 & 6 PM news on Saturday's in addition to his Today in LA gig. Could this mean they are gonna pull Robert Kovacik off the anchor desk, and replace him with Adrian?. Also according to the article, Lucy has the option to opt out of her deal so she can leave now if she chooses to do so. What's gonna happen to Carl Bell too? If Elita is moving to weekend mornings, and Byron does weekend nights where does that put him?

Changes:

Alycia Lane - fired; replaced by Michelle Valles

Sean Murphy - fired; no replacement yet

Elita Loresca - demoted to weekend mornings; replaced by Crystal Egger

Robert Kovacik - removed from Saturday 5 & 6 PM newscasts; replaced by Adrian Arambulo

Ted Chen - removed from anchor desk, replaced by Adrian Arambulo

Lucy Noland - removed from 6 PM newscast; now only doing noon, gone from the station by next spring.

Colleen Williams - Now anchoring the 6 PM in addition to anchoring the 5 & 11 PM newscasts.

These are some of the changes that I can think of I'm sure there's more that i'm missing or more that's coming.

I think the current ND at KNBC is trying to undo some of the decisions that were made by the previous ND. Alycia, Sean and Lucy were hired by the previous ND/GM, so its understandable that the new guy is trying to make his mark. The only moves I did not like were taking Ted Chen and Beverly White off Today in L.A. Weekend, but if they serve best on the field weekdays, well it's a win-win I guess. Also KNBC is facing a lot of competition at 6pm. At that time you have KCBS, KABC, KTLA, KNBC, KMEX, KVEA with newscasts.

I forgot to mention the last few times I've watched Today in LA, I've noticed Mekahlo hasn't been on with the tech/social stuff, but rather has been doing general assignment reporting for the 5 & 6 PM newscasts. Could the station be getting rid of the tech/social stuff and just having Mekahlo doing general reporting?

Watching NBC 4 News at Noon, Lucy's is so hard to watch at least to me. Her uneasy delivery hasn't changed a bit since she left Houston. Still waves her hands everywhere and moves so awkwardly while reading. Hope she lands somewhere that will better suit her delivery.

Supposedly According to this website http://ftvlive.com/todays-news/2013/10/29/another-anchor-change-at-knbc, Robert Kovacik has been pulled off the weekend anchor desk, and sent back to full time general reporting, which doesn't surprise me as lately I've seen Adrian Arambulo doing the 5 & 6 PM shows on the weekend, and Kathy Vara soloing at 11 on Saturdays, and Chuck or Colleen joining Kathy on the anchor desk on Sunday evenings.

Supposedly According to this website http://ftvlive.com/todays-news/2013/10/29/another-anchor-change-at-knbc, Robert Kovacik has been pulled off the weekend anchor desk, and sent back to full time general reporting, which doesn't surprise me as lately I've seen Adrian Arambulo doing the 5 & 6 PM shows on the weekend, and Kathy Vara soloing at 11 on Saturdays, and Chuck or Colleen joining Kathy on the anchor desk on Sunday evenings.

I understand the new GM want to make some changes, but this is too many to fast.

I understand the new GM want to make some changes, but this is too many to fast.

Exactly. Btw do you think Michael Brownlee will be next to leave or get demoted? When was he last on the air? It seems like the last time he was on the air was the day Michelle Valles became the weekday morning co-anchor and I haven't seen him since? Unless I just missed a few days and he's been on. But to me it seems like Whit has been filling in on the morning shift lately.

Exactly. Btw do you think Michael Brownlee will be next to leave or get demoted? When was he last on the air? It seems like the last time he was on the air was the day Michelle Valles became the weekday morning co-anchor and I haven't seen him since? Unless I just missed a few days and he's been on. But to me it seems like Whit has been filling in on the morning shift lately.

I'm going to say no, because he was just put in that position not to long ago but who knows.

Michael Brownlee is on family leave. They had a baby.

Well, I dislike this switching changing staff. Now I don't have an issue if they are bad and need to be replaced but seriously

Elita Loresca, demoted and replaced by Crystal Egger…poor decision, she has zero personality

Ted Chen, replaced by Adrian Arambulo...poor decision

Sean Murphy, fired; poor decision

These talented people are the only reason I tuned in to watch and the others, well not sure I have an opinion as they were not the main reason I tuned in. I will say I will no longer be watching the NBC news as I think just replacing good, talented people doing a great job with bad or just "new" untested talent because your a new ND, with ego issues or have friends needing a job. This is one of the side effects of poor leadership

Good Bye NBC…I just one to he other news programs pick up the taler you discarded with what would appear to be little thought

It's official Lucy Nolands last day at KNBC is this Friday. According to the article which has memo from Todd Moktiari basically states she wants to spend time with her family for the holidays before deciding where to go next. FTVlive.com has this info.

Archived