TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

I think KPNX is still the #1 station in the market. When TEGNA was Gannett, they have WSVN-ified their graphics and music before in 2008. That did not affect KUSA's ratings, and it might not have affected WTSP's ratings, either. The rest of the Gannett stations' ratings might also not have been affected. KARE was nice enough to keep their existing music, and KUSA was nice enough to keep their existing graphics on their teases (until 2012) and talent opens (also until 2012), and their existing music on their talent opens (until 2012) and closes (until February 2009). Gannett called themselves as being nimble at one point according to an old Gannett website. It said so on the first page of the company's annual report. Qwest also called themselves as being nimble through their slogan from 2010 until they were integrated into CenturyLink in 2011: "Get Qwest. Get Nimble". That was after they retired their "Spirit of Service" campaign, which they used from 2002-2008. Do you think TEGNA is still nimble, and how can that be compared to CenturyLink? As for the ratings in the Phoenix area, Scripps-owned KNXV is the number 2 station in the market.

The way KPNX does news now? There's no way they're still #1 now. It has to be KTVK or KSAZ by now.

>woah-d'oh!< Where's my Dramamine?

Is that supposed to be a newscast, or a bad amusement ride? >ugh<

#nightmarenews

If that's all I've got to choose from, I'll stick to the stills and articles on the website.

It's the "Eye Opener" after a few shots of Tequila and a hit off the old glass pipe.

• Like 4

It's over the top and they are definitely ripping off WSVN with "Just one station" and "the night team" slogans. While the latter is pretty common, I've only heard the former at WSVN. I kind of liked the recorded voiceovers of the director saying "roll the open" and "check the framing" - although it only really works with this type of open.

I just rewatched it, this time with sound. That intro was recorded in advance and assembled in editing, right?

Yes. Some poor promotions producer probably spent two hours putting it together-- and after all that, the lead story is a meaningless preseason NFL game (Yes, I understand KPNX aired the game).

• Like 1

Yes. Some poor promotions producer probably spent two hours putting it together-- and after all that, the lead story is a meaningless preseason NFL game (Yes, I understand KPNX aired the game).

their on that Sports team branding. KXTV does it with the Sacramento Kings NBA team.

• Like 1

Can't believe in a market the size of DFW, 3 stations (KDFW, KTVT, WFAA) will all share ONE helicopter.

8 stations in San Diego share a chopper...

KSWB

CW-6

KNSD

KFMB

KGTV

KPBS

KBNT

T-20

Over 4,200 square miles...

But we have a Jet Ranger III so over loaded that it can only take 1/2 bag of fuel and fly for under 2 hours below 1500ft asl...

So we are officially still more lame than your soon to be R-66 that can be out-run by a moped.

So there.

• Like 3

Looks like WFAA is pulling a "Nexstar" and grounding its BIRD.

Could other Tegna stations follow suit?

What is it with Dallas and Robinsons? Apparently kxas has two branded ones. One for the morning and late afternoon/evenings - so they can take a breather?

[MEDIA=twitter]859412196450865155[/MEDIA]

8 stations in San Diego share a chopper...

KSWB

CW-6

KNSD

KFMB

KGTV

KPBS

KBNT

T-20

Over 4,200 square miles...

But we have a Jet Ranger III so over loaded that it can only take 1/2 bag of fuel and fly for under 2 hours below 1500ft asl...

So we are officially still more lame than your soon to be R-66 that can be out-run by a moped.

So there.

Maybe you would be better off with an R-66. Just think of the amount of money KFMB could make if they continued to charge the same rate but by operating an R-66.

• Like 3

What is it with Dallas and Robinsons? Apparently kxas has two branded ones. One for the morning and late afternoon/evenings - so they can take a breather?

[MEDIA=twitter]859412196450865155[/MEDIA]

Maybe you would be better off with an R-66. Just think of the amount of money KFMB could make if they continued to charge the same rate but by operating an R-66.

Don't give them any ideas. The jet ranger is a piece of shit anyways, so anything less than one of them fancy A-Star's is a major downgrade.

Plus KFMB only has editorial control of the chopper. The contract/money portion is handled by Total Traffic network with Welk aviation.

• Like 2

Don't give them any ideas. The jet ranger is a piece of shit anyways, so anything less than one of them fancy A-Star's is a major downgrade.

Plus KFMB only has editorial control of the chopper. The contract/money portion is handled by Total Traffic network with Welk aviation.

I showed this article to KBEX (Chopper-X) Pilot Olaf Joystick who called the R-66...

"A drone with seat belts and cup holders"...

Olaf knows his stuff, because he flew in the 6 hour war between Finland and Norway in 1985.

The only thing keeping KFMB from adopting an R-44 or R-66 is the fact they would get smoked in the first pursuit involving some teenager and his "Boy Racer" modified and nitro Honda Civic.

How embarrassing.

• Like 2

Depending on their lease deal, one helicopter is probably their primary dedicated helicopter. The other is likely used by Shadow Traffic as a traffic helicopter, but is also a KXAS back-up chopper when the primary one has to re-fuel, is out for service, or covering multiple breaking news stories. There are similar deals in other large markets, although having both carry the TV station branding is unusual.

While we're on the subject of changes... it looks like TEGNA is in the process of changing the look of all of their station's mobile sites as well. I noticed it this morning when I was perusing WVEC's page on my phone.

For an example of the difference you can look at WFAA 's mobile site with the new look vs KIII with the old (the links will take you to their mobile page).

They have to be going through the slowest graphics change ever...

apparently these stations use a different site address when on mobile. instead of /mobile they use /mb/home and if you try to redirect them with /home it goes to the main site instead:

KREM, KTHV, KTVB,WFMY, KGW, WLTX,WJXX/WLTV,WXIA,KYTX,KIDY,KCEN,WCSH, WZZM

This was KVUE's Facebook page. I think it's their new logo (I could be wrong).

UPDATE: Just confirmed by KVUE's Facebook page... It is the new KVUE logo. IMO, I wish they would called themselves ABC24 KVUE.

latest?cb=20170817191019

No change on the air this evening, but I immediately thought about how it would look right at home with the very flat KXTV graphics.

• Like 2