TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

Of course Gannett is releasing new graphics on Wednesday.... I wonder why wednesday.

Anyways, at WCNC here's what I've been seeing all morning.

One thing to note. The ticker now extends to the edge of the screen. There is also a layer under the rundown that is goes across the screen as well... this will probably be coming later. [ATTACH]1459.IPB[/ATTACH]

Also, new topicals and transitions. [ATTACH]1461.IPB[/ATTACH]

1313178101_ScreenShot2015-01-21at9_58_47AM.thumb.jpg.ffa2482e3450ea207d6dd89a797cbc27.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-01-21-at-10_21.41-AM.jpg.10edbe383731dc91d7999d435d328440.jpg

Of course Gannett is releasing new graphics on Wednesday.... I wonder why wednesday.

Anyways, at WCNC here's what I've been seeing all morning.

One thing to note. The ticker now extends to the edge of the screen. There is also a layer under the rundown that is goes across the screen as well... this will probably be coming later. attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-21 at 9.58.47 AM.jpg

Also, new topicals and transitions. attachicon.gifScreen-Shot-2015-01-21-at-10.21.41-AM.jpg

So, for the topical/transitions, does this include all of the cubed-themes ones the stations are using, or just for the stinger-types, like the breaking news one?

So, for the topical/transitions, does this include all of the cubed-themes ones the stations are using, or just for the stinger-types, like the breaking news one?

So far, all I've seen is the breaking news one. And they only have used it twice. It's not good in motion either. I thought that the current package is flawless, minus the lack of design for 4:3 safe margins

So far, all I've seen is the breaking news one. And they only have used it twice. It's not good in motion either. I thought that the current package is flawless, minus the lack of design for 4:3 safe margins

The Breaking News one I saw as well. It actually reminds me, and looks very similar to, CNN's Breaking News stinger.

Oh you're so right!!!! I don't like it. It isn't as refined as it used to be!

I saw the graphics y'all are talking about on KHOU on it's live stream yesterday, and I'm guessing the Lone Star stations (and any other station should any more be acquired by Gannett) will be using those same graphics.

I saw the graphics y'all are talking about on KHOU on it's live stream yesterday, and I'm guessing the Lone Star stations (and any other station should any more be acquired by Gannett) will be using those same graphics.

You know what the most annoying thing about this new change is.... The whole reason they made the change is because people who still have SD we're seeing cut off graphics and were throwing a fit. So finally, they at least move the time and temp to fit inside the 4:3 safe margin, and leave enough room for at least a small affiliate logo (abc, nbc). I hate how wcnc has the nbc logo on the right side of the box instead of having it in the left where at least someone who watches in SD would see the NBC logo. Sorry. Just a rant.

You know what the most annoying thing about this new change is.... The whole reason they made the change is because people who still have SD we're seeing cut off graphics and were throwing a fit. So finally, they at least move the time and temp to fit inside the 4:3 safe margin, and leave enough room for at least a small affiliate logo (abc, nbc). I hate how wcnc has the nbc logo on the right side of the box instead of having it in the left where at least someone who watches in SD would see the NBC logo. Sorry. Just a rant.

Have they updated or changed any of the stations' logos to go along with the new change?

Watching KSDK right now and I noticed they have the updated package. One thing I noticed is that the L3s aren't up the whole time and they disappear along with the rundown after a few seconds leaving only the bug up.

Is that something all the Gannett stations are doing with the new package or just KSDK.

Watching KSDK right now and I noticed they have the updated package. One thing I noticed is that the L3s aren't up the whole time and they disappear along with the rundown after a few seconds leaving only the bug up.

Is that something all the Gannett stations are doing with the new package or just KSDK.

KING has up the L3's up the whole time. It's just more compact to the bottom of the screen. Their only issue is the last few letters are under the bug, as they haven't gotten used to the small space.

l.jpg

So does KSDK and this logo has also been around since 1993.

Actually this is the logo that KSDK uses for their bug. It's pretty stupid because they also use that branding for non-news programs too. I'd love for them to go back to only the "5" for their logo.

KSDK_GannettLogo.jpg

Actually this is the logo that KSDK uses for their bug. It's pretty stupid because they also use that branding for non-news programs too. I'd love for them to go back to only the "5" for their logo.

KSDK_GannettLogo.jpg

Still, the logo based on that (the 5 logo) has been used in some form since 1993 and I think it needs an update or at least a change in branding from "NewsChannel 5".

225px-Wxia11alive.png 175px-WXIA-11Alive-1993.jpg

Present Day circa 1993

This Roman 11logo been on WXIA since 1993, and yes they need an updated logo....

They actually did kinda modernized it when they went HD back in 2006 to give it more of a glossy 3D look (kinda what ABC did) but they seem to have gone back to favoring the old 2D version

20140405222748!Wxia11alive.png

225px-Wxia11alive.png 175px-WXIA-11Alive-1993.jpg

Present Day circa 1993

This Roman 11logo been on WXIA since 1993, and yes they need an updated logo....

I think the logo is great and has aged very well. I don't think it needs an update either, Maybe not for the foreseeable future.

They actually did kinda modernized it when they went HD back in 2006 to give it more of a glossy 3D look (kinda what ABC did) but they seem to have gone back to favoring the old 2D version

20140405222748!Wxia11alive.png

The modernized logo does look nice (sans NBC Peacock), but I agree with the decision to change back, as I like the original slightly more. I'd at least like it a little less glossy.

It's entirely up to each station to keep the L3 onscreen or have it disappear.