TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

well that depends on - what is "crappy"?

The opening cut is horrendous. The WWL cut is the one they should use. I know you don't like This is Home, but it's definitely one of Gari's better works as of late. There's cuts I hate like that one, then there's really good cuts like the WWL one, the one KING and WWL use for weather, the traffic bumper, the sports bumper etc.

Opinions will vary greatly. I like the KING and KGW cuts, and I also like the WWL cut. Yet, alot of people don't like them. Some people just don't like TIH because it belongs to Gannett and they don't like them. It's just how it is... Do I think they could do more with the graphics and music...you betcha! I wish they would look more at stations like KUSA (and yes there are others) that have embraced the change and made it work. We'll see. But it is what it is... I will say that KING, KGW, KREM, KTVB and NWCN were beyond overdue for a change.

Probalbly doing it for sweeps, just to build up the tease. Very good open nevertheless.

I agree, although for me, outside of the VO for the stories, the music didn't match for the title card.

Who are the sources on wcnc switching over on Saturday? I think it's interesting that they havent done any promos or didn't do any for the new web launch.

Can't say who the source is, but I was talking to them this morning and they said it has been pushed back once again. They're now saying it'll launch next Wednesday, which makes more sense, compared to other Gannett stations. However take it for what you want, because they seem to change the date often. We'll just have to wait and see.

Can't say who the source is, but I was talking to them this morning and they said it has been pushed back once again. They're now saying it'll launch next Wednesday, which makes more sense, compared to other Gannett stations. However take it for what you want, because they seem to change the date often. We'll just have to wait and see.

That why I said tenative, because we don't know if anything would change without notice.

I'm just hoping this time they would show the promos of the new look this time. Do you think they'd delayed the change because of a possible branding change back to "WCNC", similiar to what KGW did back to Tuesday?

It would be really awesome if when the new graphics come to WCNC, that they change the color of the background to match what type of story they're doing - blue lights =news, purple lights = lifestyle, green lights - money, etc.. But who knows if that's even possible with their lighting system....

WVEC had some severe weather roll through the area this morning, and so they used their old graphics all the way up until 11:15am with extended coverage, before going to regular programming. Although I'm sure it's a relatively easy transition I'm sure, it has got to be a pain to try and change all the systems in just 45 minutes.

EDIT: They cut back into regular programming just 20 minutes later with a new warning, with the new weather graphics up on screen.

YtAsls8.png

WVEC had some severe weather roll through the area this morning, and so they used their old graphics all the way up until 11:15am with extended coverage, before going to regular programming. Although I'm sure it's a relatively easy transition I'm sure, it has got to be a pain to try and change all the systems in just 45 minutes.

EDIT: They cut back into regular programming just 20 minutes later with a new warning, with the new weather graphics up on screen.

I was watching 13 this morning and was curious as to how this would pan out; if they would scrub the new graphics til 5 or not. WTKR and WAVY have been doing nonstop coverage all morning with no break.

I was watching 13 this morning and was curious as to how this would pan out; if they would scrub the new graphics til 5 or not. WTKR and WAVY have been doing nonstop coverage all morning with no break.

So was I. I'm watching again now as well.

They had already switched the back parts of the weather computers over (I could tell by the storm tracking elements). Evan was there to help do the entire switch, so I'm sure that helped a bunch.

At least they're using the proper "bright" red for Breaking News.

I was saying the same thing.

EDIT 2:

They've used three different cuts of TiH. I'm absolutely not sure which one is their default.

They used that new(?) Spirit of Texas-ish theme to close the show. When Storm Mode is off we'll get a better idea of what the cuts will be used regularly.

Yeah, but on the bright side, they weren't scrambling. Glad they were semi-prepared (graphics wise) for what came their way.

I don't. They're on 36, not 6. I don't care for cable positions especially because satellite and U-verse doesn't conform to it

You must really hate the Ft. Myers-Naples, FL market then.

The only ones that doesn't use their cable positions in their branding is WINK wnd WGCU.

As far as WCNC is concerned, I don't care what the branding is as long as they stick to it for more than 2 years. They're worse than WGCL at that.