TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

On 2/25/2020 at 5:44 PM, Working4You said:

WZDX Fox in Huntsville made the switch to the new website layout today and kept its, rocketcitynow.com address. This means, as far as I know, WATN in Memphis is the only one of the Nexstar purchase stations that still has not made the switch. I am sure it will be any day now. 

WATN now has the new Tegna layout... kept the same localmemphis.com address.  Surprisingly they kept the logo in tact, just made it linear..

2 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

A bit surprising they would work together, since they are direct competition in a large number of markets (I count at least 17), although in Tucson they inherited partnerships that already existed.

1 hour ago, DENDude said:

KUSA Launched Circle TV this morning, so everyone in Denver needs to Re-Scan there tv's.    Circle TV is a Country network, KUSA has it on 9.6 over the air.

https://www.9news.com/article/entertainment/television/circle-9news/73-1826f44b-2084-42bf-9358-0de2f95ac4e0

I know quite a number of Tegna stations have added it in markets where Gray is absent. I know they did a joint venture over the OTT partnership, so there may be good relations between them.

KUSA Launched Circle TV this morning, so everyone in Denver needs to Re-Scan there tv's.    Circle TV is a Country network, KUSA has it on 9.6 over the air.

https://www.9news.com/article/entertainment/television/circle-9news/73-1826f44b-2084-42bf-9358-0de2f95ac4e0

A lot of stations around the country now have .5 and .6 channels. I guess the bandwith has now improved in the past 10 years?

I think I'll skip that, thanks.

I did notice that KCNC wasn't going to carry Circle in the run-up to its launch...

I take it CBS is another station group that's stingy about subchannels? The diginets they own or have a stake in get the plum CBS O&O positions and everything else gets shuffled off to a duopoly partner if they have one (which KCNC doesn't)?

1 hour ago, channel2 said:

I did notice that KCNC wasn't going to carry Circle in the run-up to its launch...

I take it CBS is another station group that's stingy about subchannels? The diginets they own or have a stake in get the plum CBS O&O positions and everything else gets shuffled off to a duopoly partner if they have one (which KCNC doesn't)?

No CBS O&O with CBS as it's main channel is carrying this.  CBS Television Stations, Inc has it on CW or My Network TV stations.

2 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

I think I'll skip that, thanks.

I Was going to not re scann and skip this, but I have had a terrible picture on 2.2 Court TV and on 2.3 Comet TV since Monday. And then this morning I had no picture at all on 9.1, 9.2, 9.4 & 20.1 so I re scanned. 

Just now, DENDude said:

I Was going to not re scann and skip this, but I have had a terrible picture on 2.2 Court TV and on 2.3 Comet TV since Monday. And then this morning I had no picture at all on 9.1, 9.2, 9.4 & 20.1 so I re scanned. 

Ew. Alright. I'll have to check that. My issues tends to be that KMGH has terrible interference on 7.1 and although it has a stronger signal on 30.3 (KZCO-LD), not all of my systems will see that signal. Though strangely, I get KKTV and I live in Douglas. 

On 2/28/2020 at 7:54 PM, GoldenShine9 said:

I know quite a number of Tegna stations have added it in markets where Gray is absent. I know they did a joint venture over the OTT partnership, so there may be good relations between them.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in Maine where Tegna has NBC-affiliated stations in Bangor and Portland and Gray has stations in Bangor (CBS/CW) and Presque Isle (CBS/CW/FOX/NBC.) Gray is apparently going to launch Circle on WABI soon. No idea if they're going to put Circle on WAGM or WWPI, but they certainly have the capacity to do so. WCSH in Portland is pretty maxed out. Would Sinclair's WGME pick up Circle, perhaps replacing the moribund TBD?

Edited by newsbot

18 minutes ago, newsbot said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in Maine where Tegna has NBC-affiliated stations in Bangor and Portland and Gray has stations in Bangor (CBS/CW) and Presque Isle (CBS/CW/FOX/NBC.) Gray is apparently going to launch Circle on WABI soon. No idea if they're going to put Circle on WAGM or WWPI, but they certainly have the capacity to do so. WCSH in Portland is pretty maxed out. Would Sinclair's WGME pick up Circle, perhaps replacing the moribund TBD?

There's probably room on 6.5 since stations haven't been afraid to use them lately. That seems most likely in Portland IMO. I can certainly see Tegna placing it on more of their stations in markets where Gray is absent.

Edited by GoldenShine9

5 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

There's probably room on 6.5 since stations haven't been afraid to use them lately. That seems most likely in Portland IMO. I can certainly see Tegna placing it on more of their stations in markets where Gray is absent.

I kinda wonder about Maine though because Gray swiped the NBC affiliation in Presque Isle from Tegna (and WLBZ did a fair amount of news coverage in Aroostook County when they had the NBC affiliation there, albeit via cable.)

Edited by newsbot

49 minutes ago, jbnews said:

WNEP is getting Tegna-fied on Wednesday at noon! There is a video on reporter Ryan Leckey's Instagram page & WNEP's, too.

We'll have to grab some popcorn for the "Talkback 16" that happens as a result of this.... 

Edited by ttvn2000
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Looks like on the website, WNEP is mixing the TEGNA with the Tribune graphics.
currents.jpg
It doesn't look bad if you ask me.

Not to me either-- I like how the sunrise and sunset times are connected by a curved line above the sun icon (curving upward for sunrise, and downward for sunset). I also like how that wind speed figure has the arrow pointing to 6 mph, between the S and W on the compass (to indicate southwest).