TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

15 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

Also on that same day, they are launching a midday newscast called "Lunch Break."

...And right after "Lunch Break"...

Grab your blanky's and sippy cups because at 1pm it's...

"Nap Time"

Old and young will love this show...but mostly the old, and very, very young.

nap.thumb.jpg.d196fb1f6b19d9848b7bba1e29ce22fa.jpg

Edited by Eat News
CLC-Devil .. https://youtu.be/EZ6-NVnzFr4
  • Haha 4

On 9/6/2019 at 4:51 PM, CLETVFan said:

(Cross-posted from Out and About)

WKYC is going to change it's morning newscast's name to "Go!" on September 23rd.  Seems like all of their newscasts are getting new names.

If WKYC does't use this song for "GO!", I'm gonna be pissed! Hell the band is from NE Ohio for God's sake!

Some of you are haters. I don't think "Go" is such a bad name as it is being used alongside "3 News." It's different and it doesn't sound dated like calling it Eyewitness Action News or something like that. The way you guys were talking, I thought they were going to call it simply "Go," which is a little more awkward. I don't mind the name Go, but I don't think it conveys that it is a newscast. (It sounds like another "Extra" wannabe.) But "3 News: Go" is just fine depending on how they use it during the program.

Edited by DirtyHarry
  • Like 4

According to Zap2It, the 7pm and 11pm newscasts are also getting new titles.

Here is the full lineup:

4-7am  Go

12-12:30pm  Lunch Break with Jay Crawford

6-6:30pm  What Matters Most

7-7:30pm  Front Row

11-11:30pm  What's Next

"Live on Lakeside" will shorten to an hour, and it looks like "Donovan Live" is history.

I don't know if they will implement "3 News" in front of the titles on-air, but we shall see.  People will like them, people won't.  We shall see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DENDude said:

KUSA now has a sports podcast at 9NEWS.com, not something i would expect from Tegna but it's not bad.  There first episode was about the Altitude Sports blackout. (There is a thread for that over in the sports section)

WHAS has an entire podcast series on mysterious unsolved murders in a community in their viewing area.

13 minutes ago, news89 said:

Meanwhile at 13th and Lakeside Elevator3 News says hello.

Screenshot_20190913-002901_Facebook.jpg

Why why why do they continue to just put band-aids over that set?!  It’s the same desk, just refreshed.  Over and over again. That newsroom studio looked it’s best from its inception to 2008... once they added those banners, it went to pot. Argh.

This “WKYC Studios” BS has been in all the annoying press releases each time a new member of talent is announced.  Who are they trying to be?  I just don’t get it.

I have said it before, but I am genuinely curious.  We’re the ratings so poor to justify these changes? It makes no sense, especially as Fox 8 doubles down on their “Cleveland’s Own” branding (which is nearly 35 years old, at least) and executed it beautifully.

Russ Mitchell deserves better.  Jim Donavan and Betsy Kling deserve better.  I’m just bewildered by this decline.  Look at anything from WKYC from 1999-2009 and mourn this loss:

This just pushes the Cleveland market down the gutter even more...

Argh.

Edited by ttvn2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, news89 said:

Meanwhile at 13th and Lakeside Elevator3 News says hello.

I like it. It's different. I don't like that desk, but I do like the general look they tried to give it. The new logo is a lot better than what they had, which was very long in the tooth. Change was long overdue.

I'm not sure this is what I would have changed to if I were the decision maker, but we'll see how they roll this out. It's got some potential.

2 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

Why why why do they continue to just put band-aids over that set?!  It’s the same desk, just refreshed.  Over and over again. That newsroom studio looked it’s best from its inception to 2008... once they added those banners, it went to pot. Argh.

This “WKYC Studios” BS has been in all the annoying press releases each time a new member of talent is announced.  Who are they trying to be?  I just don’t get it.

I have said it before, but I am genuinely curious.  We’re the ratings so poor to justify these changes? It makes no sense, especially as Fox 8 doubles down on their “Cleveland’s Own” branding (which is nearly 35 years old, at least) and executed it beautifully.

Russ Mitchell deserves better.  Jim Donavan and Betsy Kling deserve better.  I’m just bewildered by this decline.  Look at anything from WKYC from 1999-2009 and mourn this loss:

This just pushes the Cleveland market down the gutter even more...

Argh.

WJW is our only savior left there.

I stopped watching Daily Blast Live last season, because I couldn't take any more of the split screen political discussions.  It is no longer something I even want to check out again.

Speaking of DBL, they are still growing, and have a new co-host.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/tegna-daily-blast-live-begins-163600162.html

3 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Here's TEGNA:

image.thumb.png.7f01fa55722f9c542cc02a8145ec28a5.png

image.png.c4873460ede4df266781f659022e5edb.png

image.thumb.png.1e62ad4728fe31a164673ce263173351.png

image.thumb.png.667b0230b79cf1d32b21f8958cfc01b9.png

image.thumb.png.81d09e405b440f7444727c23b08bd4b7.png

image.thumb.png.c7e0656a648347bd783292fcef0f79c7.png

image.png

Have any of the newly-rechristened TEGNA stations received their new corporate ID files yet? Or are at least running this at the end of their newscasts?

I'm asking because WATN's copyright stuff post-sale is just (C) 2019 WATN in very small font and nothing else.

1 hour ago, TennTV1983 said:

Have any of the newly-rechristened TEGNA stations received their new corporate ID files yet? Or are at least running this at the end of their newscasts?

I'm asking because WATN's copyright stuff post-sale is just (C) 2019 WATN in very small font and nothing else.

I think there are at least several current Tegna stations that don't use/have the Tegna ID at all except for when it plays during DBL.