TEGNA Broadcasting and Digital General Discussion

ABC 7 Denver

Shame. I like the current azcentral layout and still can't adjust to the new Gannett layout.

Well you're on the opposite end then because I don't like their current layout at all. It looks dated and cluttered to me. This new Gannett layout will be a massive improvement.

• 3 weeks later...

Of the Gannett stations pre-BELO acquisition? Yes. However we are anxiously (not) awaiting the conversion of all the BELO stations to these wonderful sites and graphics. :D

A brand new kvue.com is on the way! Albert Ramon KVUE tells us why he's excited about the improved weather features.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152366730501178

A brand new kvue.com is on the way! Albert Ramon KVUE tells us why he's excited about the improved weather features.

Boo! Those former Belo Stations website layout was one of the best, and wish Gannett wouldn't touch those stations. The new layout is ok, but not stellar.

My money is on the latter.

Even so, as a resident of the market, I can say that he's about the only person in KVUE's weather department who could come close to producing that level of excitement, even on demand. They're all so sedate that they had a long-running promo campaign promoting them as "the calm in the storm."

Why does everyone hate this layout, just curious? I for one, am looking forward to KENS getting a new site. The current one is way too cluttered and the less photo galeries they post the better.

It's not so much the website, although it needs some work, as the harbinger of the COLOR BOXES AND BLACK POLYGONSgraphics with This Is (Bad) Home.

It's not so much the website, although it needs some work, as the harbinger of the COLOR BOXES AND BLACK POLYGONSgraphics with This Is (Bad) Home.

I don't mind This is Home, but yeah, I've made it clear more than once I'm not a big fan of the graphics, will be a definite downgrade to what they're using now.

But someone posted that KVUE is getting a new site soon and everyone posted something critical of it. If it's the graphics and music that are bad, I don't know why it's getting lumped together with the site.

It'll most likely be changed together.

I wouldn't put my money on it. It's fairly easy to change the site over. It's more effort for the new look to launch because Gannett is standardized on completely different equipment from Belo and all that has to be installed first.

The one constant: both companies used ENPS so that's one thing that won't be switched over.

The one thing I hope KENS gets out of this: all-digital tapeless shooting and editing. Yes they still shoot and edit on tape, so field footage naturally isn't HD but it's stretched to make it look HD.

I wouldn't put my money on it. It's fairly easy to change the site over. It's more effort for the new look to launch because Gannett is standardized on completely different equipment from Belo and all that has to be installed first.

The one constant: both companies used ENPS so that's one thing that won't be switched over.

The one thing I hope KENS gets out of this: all-digital tapeless shooting and editing. Yes they still shoot and edit on tape, so field footage naturally isn't HD but it's stretched to make it look HD.

To the web end: All Gannett sites are managed through http://www.gannett-cdn.com/ (A Gannett Media Technologies International data system), while all former Belo sites are managed through Broadcast Media Interactive. I suspect that the contract with BMI is ending soon and KVUE is the test station. Furthermore, GMTI is a separate branch of Gannett than the broadcasting division. Yes, they provide branding services, but the two (Gannett Graphics Group/Gannett Broadcasting and GMTI) are separate mechanisms in a large machine.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have an excat date or when KVUE is launching it's new website? Would appreciate it!

Also, is KVUE receiving the new Gannett on-air graphics package? (information bar, lineup, ticker, etc.). I am anxious to know if KVUE is jumping onto the "This is Home" bandwagon. Also noticing that the font for their commercial promos and maps are the same as their existing pre Belo stations.

I'm guessing KVUE is the first to get the transition because it was owned by Gannnett once before, I don't know...

Does anyone have an excat date or when KVUE is launching it's new website? Would appreciate it!

Also, is KVUE receiving the new Gannett on-air graphics package? (information bar, lineup, ticker, etc.). I am anxious to know if KVUE is jumping onto the "This is Home" bandwagon. Also noticing that the font for their commercial promos and maps are the same as their existing pre Belo stations.

I'm guessing KVUE is the first to get the transition because it was owned by Gannnett once before, I don't know...

I don't think there is a date. That video was posted a month ago, so it's kinda weird to me that they haven't done anything yet, but then again they could be waiting until after sweeps to make changes.

Not sure, but KING5 in Seattle has promos with a version of the New Gannett graphics (I'm pretty sure they haven't had a graphics change since 2007, so I would think that they would have priority in getting the new graphics). I don't think KVUE being previously owned by Gannett has anything to do with them being first, though.

• 3 weeks later...